It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing link? African bones predate earliest-known humans by 400,000yrs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It seems like the history books continue to be re-written again and again. So much still to learn and gain knowledge from.

A newly discovered fossil has shaken up science’s view of human evolution and could be the missing link between apes and humans: 400,000 years older than the oldest human bone found, the discovery could entirely rewrite our story.

For decades scientists have been stumped on the gap between humans that walked bent over and those that walked upright. Who was the mysterious ancestor that joined the ape-like Australopithecus with the human-like Homo? We could be looking at an answer. It now appears the timeline for earliest upright humans goes back not to 2.3 – but to 2.8 million years.

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Interesting find but something tht bothers me so much about the assumptions made on just a few bones only is that a terrific leap gets taken on such a small amount of evidence that can't be proved one way or the other.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You lost me at the term "missing link." There is no missing link and never has been. It isn't required to explain human evolution. It's simply another example of journalistic excess and ignorance. Yes, we are always learning new things and finding new bones that help fill in the picture. But a "missing link" is simply not required to complete it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I agree with you. This might even become another "Nebraska Man" embarrassment for science. They should complete ALL possible research and tests to confirm their assumptions before announcing the find!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So according to what many in Christianity believe, we are now 406,000 yrs old as a species on Earth?

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hate to be the one to say it, but there is a thread about it already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldworldbeliever
Hate to be the one to say it, but there is a thread about it already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK dude I've asked the mods to close this thread. Thank you for pointing it out to me. Sorry

new topics

top topics

join