It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political correctness - the biggest danger to humanity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A world without PC is a wonderful thing.

Just look at this thread!

People are free to insult a member, trash a nation-state, all without the restraints of political correctness!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

People are free to insult a member, trash a nation-state, all without the restraints of political correctness!

I know great aint it

Freedom of speech works two ways

link   

originally posted by: southbeach
a reply to: Rocker2013

You are right,it is a propaganda tool used to make people self censor every word they speak for fear of being ripped to shreds.

Nope, the irrational belief in the "political correctness gone mad!" allowed these people to ignore actual evidence.

Again, if they have actual evidence of a crime then fear of being called a racist should be irrelevant - at least to all sane and sensible people who have not been propagandized to the point where they believe that any reporting would lead to that.

link   

I'm pointing out the discrepancy in one section of society being favoured over the vast majority. Religion is just a label. What's that called; positive discrimination? Another legacy of PC.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: beezzer

I know great aint it

Freedom of speech works two ways

Freedom is indeed a wonderful thing.

Just as everyone should be free to express their opinions, everyone else should be just as free to ingore said opinions.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

A friend of mine was stabbed there. They took his phone and a tenner. Died of internal bleeding the same day.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: crazyewok

A friend of mine was stabbed there. They took his phone and a tenner. Died of internal bleeding the same day.

Sad that life is worth so little in some areas.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy

I'm pointing out the discrepancy in one section of society being favoured over the vast majority. Religion is just a label. What's that called; positive discrimination? Another legacy of PC.

And I'm pointing out the difference between a person facing what might be considered "normal" levels of risk, to an entire group of people facing a terrorist threat.

Unless you want to pay more in taxes to hire millions more security personnel to protect every town and city from all forms of crime in the same way people are protected from a clear and present terrorist threat, your point is void.

Do you think your corner shop deserves the same level of police protection against robbery as the Houses of Parliament against terrorism?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree that political correctness is one of the biggest dangers to modern society.

You cannot and must not tell people who or what to like. It may make you a bigoted idiot but people have that right to be.

Forcing someone to 'like' anything, be it based on sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds... well, anything to be honest is asking for trouble. It will only breed resentment and the anger will build for the 'corrected'

Ok, now... people have the right to say and think what they wish, at least that is how it should be... it may not necessarily make you a nice, well rounded, well respected friendly person but that is their choice.

Being offended is a choice... no matter what you say to me you will NOT offend me because I choose not to be. If it becomes a physical move to hurt me or others well, that it a different kettle of fish.

I will leave with this quote from Ricky Gervais...

"Dear people who are easily offended.... don't be"

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
No, don't be fatuous. Please point out the terrorist acts against UK Jews that have happened in the last 20 years or so.
I lived in Finchley for 4 years, all synagogues had private security paid for by the Jewish community. The Jewish Chronicle was demanding the government pay for more security. Were the London bombings targeting Jews? No, random civilians,Muslims,Christians,Jews,Hindus etc etc etc.
No single section of society deserves extra protection.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

"You have absolutely no proof that Iran sponsors terrorism, whatsoever...

That is an accusation that many make with out anything to back it up."

I was wondering about this very issue last night. Iran is constantly accused of fomenting terrorism but I do not personally know of any particular event. They may very well but I don't know of it.

I do know that Wahhabism is purported to being the most radical form of Islam and just guess where that branch predominately resides? Saudi Arabia, one of our staunchest allies in that region. Think about this! ISIS is funded by Saudi Arabia while Iran is helping Iraq fight ISIS. Go figure!

How Saudi Wahhabism Is the Fountainhead of Islamist Terrorism
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

But it was the Political correctness that led them to say nothing.
The "irrational " part is the part always being used by the extreme leftists whereby if you do not bow down to their authoritarian despot narrative you are instantly branded a racist or a bigot.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Yes it's become apparent to me that Saudi funded media (Fox for example, if the OP is still paying attention)...
Has been pushing that Iran hatred for a few years.

It's the old adage, of accusing others of what they're doing themselves.

Like Israel claiming Hamas use human shields, when they do exactly the same thing...
It's a smart way to demonise the opposition and brainwash the public...

Until people turn off Fox News and try some other source.

Iran, maybe they do support terrorism, but I've yet to be convinced of such...
Especially when most of the people they're accused of supporting are Sunni.

Just doesn't add up.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

Well summed up.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit
You cannot and must not tell people who or what to like. It may make you a bigoted idiot but people have that right to be.
What is important here is the perception that it is socially acceptable to be a bigoted idiot, and that can be changed. The rest generally follows. Look at drinking and driving...that used to be regarded with a nudge and a wink. Given a generation's worth of societal disdain for the practice, it has now been reduced to what it is...criminal behaviour.

If 'political correctness' calls out boorish behaviour, then good.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, pithy as it was, my post was not worth submitting twice.

Probably.

edit on 5-3-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Mister_Bit
What is important here is the perception that it is socially acceptable to be a bigoted idiot, and that can be changed. The rest generally follows. Look at drinking and driving...that used to be regarded with a nudge and a wink. Given a generation's worth of societal disdain for the practice, it has now been reduced to what it is...criminal behaviour.

If 'political correctness' calls out boorish behaviour, then good.

Drink driving has devastating physical affects, like killing a mother and child crossing the road, killing a family in a car crash, causing a multiple pile up on a busy road. That is worthy of being stopped.

For simplicities sake, lets say I love red circles... but society says red circles are wrong.. the more you chastise me, the more you corner me into a hole the more angry I will become. I love red circles, you will not make me change my mind by trying to force me you will do the opposite and iron clad my love for them and give me a cause worth dying for.
Society may think I'm an idiot, maybe I am an idiot but isn't better to be an idiot than a martyr that takes some of you with me?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think our greatest threat is that the public is constantly lied to to the point that we don't know what to believe any more and most people just believe what they hear the most and don't go through the effort and frustration to learn the truth. Damn, what a strung out sentence!
More lies with great sounding names than one can shake a stick at. Net Neutrality! Sounds good doesn't it. How about the Patient protection and affordable care act? That sounds good as well, doesn't it. The war on terrorism sounds comforting but look at what is happening to our personal liberties and freedom. No end to the lies and deception.
edit on 5-3-2015 by CharlesT because: spell check

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

But it was the Political correctness that led them to say nothing.
The "irrational " part is the part always being used by the extreme leftists whereby if you do not bow down to their authoritarian despot narrative you are instantly branded a racist or a bigot.

We obviously disagree.
If you have evidence of a crime being committed by someone, their race, religion, gender or economic status has nothing to do with it. You cannot call someone a bigot for presenting evidence that someone has committed a crime. If this were the case, all Judges would be labeled bigots and racists for daring to lock up an Asian man, or sexist for daring to imprison a woman.

They've either committed a crime or they haven't, bigotry doesn't come into it. If the facts are there then there's no excuse.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

I love your posts and your sincerity is being felt, unfortunately most people on ATS thinks that by denying ignorance it means that Israel is all about war and dominance, while radical Islam is all about freedom and liberation (that's up until ISIS became strongly mentioned in the news).

They cannot grasp that 40 years ago Israel gave up Sinai desert, a land almost twice its size and full of oil resources, in exchange of long-lasting peace with Egypt. Yet all Israel wants is more land they say.

Israel is probably the only country that doesn't afraid to speak up, because it's in the midst of all that and has no choice. As long as Europe will still have a choice, they will prefer to remain silent, which is a choice by itself.

S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join