It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political correctness - the biggest danger to humanity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: kayleighkitty
Fox news are my favourite news programme!
They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

What would be the point of putting sugar on.....

In the UK we have the bull# buzzer now

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Yeah I noticed, but she is young...

No one is set in their ways as a teenager surely?

May take a while to break the conditioning, be worth if though.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So defending Israel and defending Fox news is called trolling

Ie if somebody doesnt approve of your warped view it means they are a troll?

Whatever, i am done

Again... you seem to be offended. You would prefer that people not make those assumptions about you, wouldn't you. You don't think that's a tiny bit hypocritical after you have just said we shouldn't worry about offending others?

Now do you see how Christians feel when people bash their religion over the Westboro gang and the abortion clinic bombers who say they are doing it in Jesus' name? Christians say that those people are not really Christians. Do you agree?

Now do you see how Muslims feel when people bash their religion over the terrorists who say they are doing it in the name of Islam? Muslims say that those terrorists are not really Muslim. Do you agree?

You have a point.

The OP talks about political correctness.

Well the OP is now receiving un PC comments.

So to the op how does it feel?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You are right. It should have been a red flag when she stressed three times during the OP that she wasn't a racist. That is like internet slang for screaming from the rooftops that you are about to say something extremely racist.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You are right. It should have been a red flag when you stressed three times during the OP that she wasn't a racist. That is like internet slang for screaming from the rooftops that you are about to say something extremely racist.

Well I have a black/Muslim friend but.........(inserts racist comment here)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
OP, the success of Rush Limbaugh directly lead to Rupert Murdock starting Fox News...number one rated cable channel for a long.

Mock these posers below.

[Quote]originally posted by: muse7

Fox news are my favourite news programme!
They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

LMFAO

I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and just write this off as a poor trolling attempt.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Thank you for your replies, i will read through them and respond.

You're welcome...

Now...

Is the bold ever going to happen?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm certain of one thing in the UK, I wouldn't want to be an average peaceful Muslim living here right now.
A year or so ago I 'challenged' a group of horrible youths who were calling a woman with her child wearing a full head-scarf "terrorist" while everyone else looked on and ignored it. I was #ing raging, poor cow was obviously on holiday here and will probably never come back to spend her money in our tourist based economy again.
It was a proper rant to be fair and I shouted at the street "you should be all ashamed ignoring this, blah" then a couple of other blokes finally backed me up and the youths dispersed.
It is shameful some of the abuse these folk get for just believing in Islam...and I'm a rabid atheist FFS.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You gotta love the Last Leg, i dare say NOT one of the OP's favourite shows.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

You gotta love the Last Leg, i dare say NOT one of the OP's favourite shows.

Hey you got the reference

Yeah great program

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

What do you expect? Kids today grew up on Islamophobia. 9/11 happened 14 years ago. Since then conservative news has been screaming pretty much non-stop the threat of Islam and how awful it is. Is it surprising that such racist attitudes have been fostered in our youth?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, How I see Political Correctness is People harassing and psychologically bullying others into their way of thinking usually for their own gain in some way, IOW a simple concept.
I also like a analogy an Australian Friend told me: Political Correctness is being told you can pick up a piece of # from the clean end and not get dirty. So, it's all about people pushing you to believe the absurd for their own personal enhancement usually. Just my take, Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: kayleighkitty

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
No it doesn't surprise me, but that is why it is so important for all of us who are not brainwashed to raise our voices when we see it in 'real' life.
If I ever get a kicking defending someone who needs defending then I will happily take it.
Silence would be much more shameful for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

What do you expect? Kids today grew up on Islamophobia. 9/11 happened 14 years ago. Since then conservative news has been screaming pretty much non-stop the threat of Islam and how awful it is. Is it surprising that such racist attitudes have been fostered in our youth?

I was in high school 1999-2004

cant say there was much Islamophobia aside from the typical high school racism. Even though it was your typical comprehensive most of us new the wars were all BS.

But that was over 10 years ago so things may very well have changed.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

So defending Israel and defending Fox news is called trolling

Ie if somebody doesnt approve of your warped view it means they are a troll?

Whatever, i am done

Personally, I think you're maybe young (if your avatar is an accurate visual) and you really just need to read/research more on both sides of any argument before you jump to whatever conclusion you think feels right based on whatever indoctrination system you have been exposed to all your life. Finding the truth is much like detective work, you have to verify sources and hunt down clues and then verify those and all the while throw away the BS, even if you like the sound of it running in your own personal monologue.

There are a lot of smart people on ATS, critical thinkers, that have done the research and there are a lot of trolls and shills. Only you can determine for yourself which are which. Just like doing your own research should allow you to arrive at something at least close to the truth if you pursue both sides of any situation with an open mind.

There is no virtue is supporting Israel blindly, in my opinion no virtue period but I understand apartheid. I lived in and worked for the South African military during the 80's when all the world was bitching and moaning about apartheid. It can't be right for Israel and wrong for South Africa, so as soon as you spout support for Israel, that tells me you are 100% uninformed and following minority controlled consensus driven worldviews.

If you were at a party, I would suggest you to stop opening your mouth to change feet. You are typing, but the NET result is the same.

Two processes you should read up on, the first is the Hegelian Dialectic which is the manner in which it appears all politically driven change occurs, at least on larger scales. As well read up on the Delphi Technique which is basically minority consensus driven sociological control through mental/emotional disenfranchisement.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I don't know

I still think that parents are the biggest influence on how their kids turn out.

I was 11 when 9/11 happened and thankfully didn't turn out like the O.P.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I was in highschool from 99-03. I remember the world before 9/11 was a much different place. Back then when someone mentioned a terrorist, they thought of a few lone nuts hijacking a plane for ransom money or some small scale bombing incident that was quickly forgotten. THESE days, one incident gets linked to a network of terrorists whose ideals get projected onto the religion at large. Terrorism didn't start on 9/11/2001, but Islamaphobia certainly did.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

The parents have been subjected to the same media brainwashing for the last 14 years as the kids though.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
We mainly fought with the Catholic school but even then it wasn't really because they were Catholics, just because it was a different school. All of us were mates at beach parties or whatever.
In my comprehensive (high school) there was a single black lad out of nearly 3000 kids. He was in my form class on day one and I made friends with him because I knew how crap his school life would be in Thatchers 80's racist Britain.
I had loads of fights defending him over the years and enjoyed fighting to be fair especially as the headmaster always understood and quite liked my anti-racism crusade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join