It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political correctness - the biggest danger to humanity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Religion in all its forms is dangerous. Islam do not have the monopoly on nasty #, in fact, nasty # was done by christians and jews long before islam was created.

The way I see it is this, religion is a choice, 100% choice. People trapped in it are like those trapped in an abusive relationship, they are too scared to leave for fear of the consequences. That is not a healthy environment at all, it is outright evil, and Islam is one of the worst for their treatment of who they term apostates. They choose to remain a part of their religion.

That said, people should not be treated badly because they belong to a religion. They should be treated based on their behaviour, religiously motivated or otherwise. And if they are abusing their religion and cry "intolerance!" then ignore the retard. Simple as that. Don't let them bully you by pretending to be the victim. And this is where I agree with you how dangerous PC-ness is, because the law is on their side. They have managed to bully and manipulate law makers into getting their way.

I would like to re-emphasise though, that this is in no way limited to Islam, ALL religion is stupid. We live in an age of science and reason, and we should be casting away superstitions instead of clinging onto them.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I would dispute you opinion that unlike Jews, Muslims live in their own communities and frown on others.
I think this is a load of old tosh. Are you talking seclar or religious Jews, relijous jews stick very much to their won communities.
I live in Manchester near a thriving Muslim community, and i dont get frowned at for walking down curry mile, my children play with muslims kids, go to their parties and they come to our house.
I think your understnading is a little lacking.
maybe been reading too much Daily Fail.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Fox news are my favourite news programme!
They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kayleighkitty
They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

O god........

I didn't even know we even got that garbage here in the UK.

This is whats happening to UK education......
edit on 5-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You realise i am PRO- ISRAEL?

PS upon reading your replies yes you are so uninformed and so anti Israel it is beyond ridiculous!
Im done!

What's the matter - did Muse7 offend you?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

LMFAO

I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and just write this off as a poor trolling attempt.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and just write this off as a poor trolling attempt.

Does anyone remember becky becky?

I think this is her English cousin

Its great to see England producing world class trolls that can rival you in the states. We have to stay competitive as a country

edit on 5-3-2015 by crazyewok because: sorry mods I know I know T&C no no but had to be said

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

Well that was quite obvious, even before you decided to proclaim that so loudly & proudly...

I guess you're right...

They don't sugar coat...

They s# coat...

Carry on.

I'd like to hear more refreshing logic as to your OPs assertions.
edit on 5-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

You're joking right? Please tell me you are joking. I mean I was trying to take you seriously, but this statement makes it look like you are trolling.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So defending Israel and defending Fox news is called trolling

Ie if somebody doesnt approve of your warped view it means they are a troll?

Whatever, i am done

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
To be fair I wonder how difficult some white British folk make it when foreign people actually do want to integrate.
I can't speak of Muslims really as less than 1% in my part of Britain, but we've a good sized Czech, Slovac and Polish community grow here over the last decade or so. The Polish do tend to only have 'relationships' with fellow Pole's, but Czechs and Slovacs are quite a percentage of my social circles these days.

A young Polish couple moved next door to me last year and they invited everyone in the street to a BBQ in their garden, I was the only Brit who turned up and I was really embarrassed about it to be honest, but I was made welcome and enjoyed some lovely new foods, meats especially.
Less than a week later 3 houses in my street had put English flags up on masts, yeah really welcoming, not.
I however have made some decent new friends and I'll happily share my tools or help out, unlike my xenophobic British neighbours.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

Is that you in the avatar?

Is the blue representative of Israel, very similar colour it their flag.

Genuinely interested, not being funny.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

Fox news distorts news. It is a well known fact. Praising Fox News is the equivalent of admitting that you are proud to be brainwashed. I also didn't call you a troll until after you voiced your opinion about Fox News. I was still trying to engage you seriously even after the pro-Israel stuff. Now I see where those opinions originate from. Sadly, I am not surprised.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Whatever, i am done

Sorry you may be for real.

But you need to understand......fox news are about as bad as RT. They are hardly the best for high quality journalism.
And it surprises me one here in the UK would want to watch such crap when we have a whole array of better journalism outlets.
edit on 5-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Never mind, they're probably not coming back.
edit on 5-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty
Why is it that virtually every polemic regarding 'Political Correctness' is, in truth, a thinly-veiled apologia for being a racist arse?
Yes, there are limits to accommodation...but most of what turns up in 'discussions' of this nature is the same generational rehash of (insert' Goldberg of the day')-mongering.

Suckers.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

They say it as it is!

No sugar coating!

What would be the point of putting sugar on.....

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Let's discuss the OP my friends, not the person...

It's quite unfair, and currently looks like a targeted attack on a member.

What could be a good discussion and learning curve could be shutdown by mods for this.

Let's do the OP a good one and at least try to educate, instead of berate.

*No I'm not a mod, but I do feel this looks unfair even as part of the discussion.

Educating someone on an issue or issues can only be accomplished when said person is willing to learn.

Based on past threads from the O.P this looks like a case of willful ignorance and thinly veiled islamophobia

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Whatever, i am done

Again... you seem to be offended. You would prefer that people not make those assumptions about you, wouldn't you. You don't think that's a tiny bit hypocritical after you have just said we shouldn't worry about offending others?

Now do you see how Christians feel when people bash their religion over the Westboro gang and the abortion clinic bombers who say they are doing it in Jesus' name? Christians say that those people are not really Christians. Do you agree?

Now do you see how Muslims feel when people bash their religion over the terrorists who say they are doing it in the name of Islam? Muslims say that those terrorists are not really Muslim. Do you agree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join