It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea applauds 'knife attack of justice' on U.S. ambassador

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
North Korea don't miss any opportunity to sink themselves deeper in the mud

A man opposed to the joint South Korea-U.S. military drills attacked the American ambassador in Seoul, slashing his face and arms as he was about to give a speech Thursday morning.

North Korea quickly called the stabbing a "knife attack of justice," and said it reflected "anti-U.S. sentiment" in South Korea.

Videos showed the suspect pinned on the floor, rolled into a blanket and carried out of the building.

He was heard shouting, "The South Korea-U.S. military drills must stop."

The joint South Korea-U.S. military drills began earlier this week.

CNN

Another article covering it

Could they be sending their sleepers to do dumb things like slashing the face of a diplomat as a protest, or are they so dumb to support any anti US action in South Korea.

If i would want to start a war with DPRK I would just do an act of war in South Korea justifying it as a response to the hostile occupation of the south by the evil empire of US or what ever the rhetoric they prefer, they may be fool enough to back the act in another bravado of them.

No NOKO slashing the face of a civilian is not an act of justice, why you want it so bad to be nuked? do you think south korea looks better as an island instead of a peninsula?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I think it was just a madman with a knife.

Way to crude to be the action of another government.

North Korea are just latching on to the incident for attention.

edit on 5-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I think it was just a madman with a knife.

Way to crude to be the action of another government.

North Korea are just latching on to the incident for attention.

Possible, but this man does have a history of pro-NK activities in SK. And lets be honest here, NK isn't exactly the most sane or rational country, they're unpredictable because they have such a warped psychology. Crude is what NK does, whether that's building computer labs with refurbished Atari's, or ranting nonsensically in their bizarre statements and threats.

He attacked the Japanese envoy, he tried to have a monument for Kim Jong-il erected in Seoul, he apparently traveled to NK several times in the past...

Seems to me they have reason to believe he's a potential terrorist threat. His actions have been consistently pro-NK, and the definition of terrorist seems to fit in this case. This was a direct physical attack on another person, designed to maim and create fear, and it has a political motivation - that's terrorism.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

No NOKO slashing the face of a civilian is not an act of justice, why you want it so bad to be nuked? do you think south korea looks better as an island instead of a peninsula?

How is it you concluded "NK did it"?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

How you concluded I concluded they did it when I said they applaud the act as justice?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

How you concluded I concluded they did it when I said they applaud the act as justice?

Your words:

Could they be sending their sleepers to do dumb things like slashing the face of a diplomat as a protest, or are they so dumb to support any anti US action in South Korea.

Then threaten NK with 'nuking'…

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You are obtuse man, enjoy your day

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Well if it had official backing or not it was ghastly attack and I hope south Korea lock him up for a long time.

But if it is North Korea not sure what one can do? They are already about as sanctioned as you can possibly get.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

But if it is North Korea not sure what one can do?

If they want to play rough.........

edit on -06:0020153032015-03-05T08:03:20-06:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

But if it is North Korea not sure what one can do?

If they want to play rough.........

Come on grow up.

Starting ANOTHER US war wont solve anything.

Especially a war based on tenuous links between a known mad man with a knife and the North Korean goverment.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Considering the Korean war never ended (there is a cease fire in place) the discussion on how to start a war on the peninsula is pretty much a moot point.

Attacking a consular official is not an attack on a person, but the nation he represents.

Of course N. Korea would support this guys actions. Considering they threaten to rain Armageddon down on S. Korea / the US I would have been surprised had N. Korea not commented on it. I cant say I have ever seen an action by a North Korean citizen that was not approved by the North Korean government. I say this because unless you are at the top echelons of N. Korea trying to leave the country is about damn near impossible.

Someone else made a comment about this guy going back and forth between North and South. The issue I have with that is its against the law to associate with the North in S. Korea. Even speaking out in favor of N. Korea while in S. Korea is a violation of law. Those laws are based on the fact they 2 Korea's remain technically at war with each other.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When justice is scarce and popular voices are forced shut then someone would take a lead to silent majority in nasty way. If world work over spreading n ensuring justice more than wars n selling weapons then world can be a peaceful place. Anyway I hate American policies but condemn bitterly any act of Violence . I love all humans including Americans but abhor wrong policies even ofmy own PM in Pakistan who is doing nothing for justice and like other nations justice in Pakistan is totally absent. Might is right. My grievances r not only for Muslims but humanity and am not talking against West only but against injustice which is main culprit but whenever I see such posts, everyone is cursing each other ending up useless arguments n wastage of time. Lets vow we behave as one race, one religion n one nation i. e. HUMANITY

top topics

join