It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Surprised to Find Noah's Ark Feasible

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

This is incredibly misleading.
If we are to believe that the Ark actually existed, and that all other life was wiped out, there are far more species than could have possibly all been gathered to fit on one Ark.

The mass of a certain number of species may be able to be calculated using certain assumptions, but it still does not make this in any way accurate.

I am still waiting to hear the explanation of how Noah managed to travel the entire world to gather up two of every species which supposedly would have been wiped out by any great flood, let alone how he then managed to spend the rest of his days traveling to each continent to return said animals to their place of origin after the flood.

I would really love to know how he managed to secure every surviving species of spider, for example.

Awesome thread, have not had time to read all the posts (at work) and presently not an expert on this.

That said, to answer the above:

Possible that not all creatures were affected by this flood so Noah took all the animals or examples of such (for preservation) in the vast area that was affected and to your other point - you believe in evolution? could be many species or the variations came later too.

IDK, lately, even being agnostic, there things that are making me wonder. I guess, reading stuff here and there in the Bible lately that are things Jesus said and they just dont seem human. There are other things but not wanting to go OT.

Well, at least now we know the ark was at least feasible.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
a reply to: arpgme

Most animals can survive a month without food.

Aside from reptiles and a scant few mammals with specific evolutionary adaptations(like camels for example) that is an entirely false statement. And as GetHyped points out, potable water for every living creature is an abso,ute requirement.

The waste could be collected an thrown over board and with no food well no waste.

Why don't you give me your time management estimate for how long Noah and his small family would be required to clean waste from the animals on a daily basis. While we are at it, how long to feed and water them as well. This is going on the extraordinarily conservative number of 35,000 breeding pair used for this "study".

Disease are resilient and live in you and me or in said animals. We are the ark of disease and bacteria...

Completely missing that cramped and unsanitary conditions of being stuck in such confined spaces are going to make normally manageable diseases and outbreaks into species jumping pandemics. Depending on how long these animals are on the ark as there are varying account of 40 days to roughly 50 weeks, you have to factor in additional problems with breeding. Somethimg like the ark and its alleged setup is nowhere near conducive to sanitary or apropriate conditions for delivering offspring, caring for offspring or if you are trying to avoid breeding, there's no effective way of separating females in season from their male counterparts. The logistics of many facets of this seem to escape a lot of people simply because they want so badly for it to be true.

How did indigenous people in the americas come to america? How did the chinese land in china? They walked like we did.
How we git to america according to some is we were following herds of animals over the bering straits. So the animals guided us here...........didnt see that one coming did yA!

Fantastic! Except that when the alleged Ark/inundation/flood event was supposed to have occurred, the Americas had not been accessible by land for thousands of years. How did Llamas, Alpacas, Bison etc...make their way to what was then Babylon(or Dumeria depending on the time frame in vogue by the interpreter).

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

Dude, you are really reaching here. Bringing food? Collecting rainwater? For 70,000 animals? For a YEAR? Just stop and pause for a moment to reflect on how utterly ridiculous this apologism sounds to any rational person.
edit on 5-3-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

OMG this guy lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
i think a DNA bank for an ark story is a more feasable idea than this insane idea.
the semurians version has it as the seed of living creatures

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

An athiest taking the bible literally. Hillarious.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder
the semurians

Lemurians?
Samarians?
Librarians?

Oh, you mean the Sumerians.

Cthulhu help us all

edit on 5-3-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Is this the same video you just posted in the joke forum? If so it was hilarious haha

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

No the one here is part two lol.
I'm on part 6 now oh boy it's funny.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Maybe it was supposed to be Sarmatian!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I am still trying to figure out how Noah contained the flea species. I mean, I guess he could have kept them in a bag or a barrel, but how would they eat? If he allowed them to feed on the mammals, it would lead to an infestation. That would be counterproductive to his cause would it not?

And please don't give me that bull crap that he opened up the bag or barrel real quick and threw in some pieces of flesh, because some of the fleas would escape, and we all know how quickly those pests multiply. Yeah, not falling for that one again Pal.

~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Floating boat thought experiment aside (it's not hard to figure out that an arbitrary number of animals, with an average weight assigned, would fit inside a box and be buoyant)... what about all the plant diversity in the world?

It is a conveniently overlooked aspect of the whole "global flood" myth.

Or more specifically than just the tiny issue of drowned plants... what about really Old Trees still existing through the period that the "flood" supposedly happened?

Even excluding the clonal trees that are significantly older, some of these trees are close to 10,000 years old, and would have been wiped out by a global flood.

I can't imagine what it must be like to live life in a delusional religious bubble, because you have to be delusional to propagate so much logical fallacy.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here is the actual paper

Here is the news release

The news release has an accompanying podcast which, in all honesty, I don't think I'm going to listen to. Reading the paper illustrates that it was an exercise in physics, nothing more, and whilst employing dubious assumptions (and some really doozy references) the conclusion has been snatched at birth and raised as a fundamentalist messiah.
edit on 5-3-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You can get anything to fit if you fudge it and simply don't take the source material literally, as it was intended.

P.S. -- I suppose they also calculated the amount of food and space necessary to keep all the animals alive for 40 days? Including extra animals an meat for the carnivores to eat?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Just flagging this for later review.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

How did he stop them from eating each other? Where was all the food? Where was their "waste" ? Did he bring diseases into the ark as well? How did those survive?

How did ge go all the way to China to get pandas and all the way to America to get buffulo. He would literally have to travel across the 7 oceans as well as seek out all of these animals across all the nations.

Do you think the pre-flood world would have been exactly like the present one?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sadly predictable that this would become a conversation about postulations over whether or not Noah existed, or if he repopulated the entire planet.

I made 4 very on-topic posts concerning the logistics of the Ark itself with no reference to Noah's existence or the repopulation of Earth.

The tale of Noah wasn't just some goober making nonsense up sitting by the campfire.

I'm open to discussing the points I brought up with you.

The point that is being missed, and that is being presented by the linked article, is that the math works.

Did you miss my point about including a years worth of food for every animal on a ship much smaller than the Titanic? As Krazyshot said... the number of animals itself is unrealistically low.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
It would be unfair to try and substantiate the story of Noah's Ark without acknowledging the story's earlier roots in Mesopotamia.

There is a possibility that the Mesopotamian legends of a flood came later than the originals from which the Bible draws its accounts.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Where did they put the T-Rex and Triceratops?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

They had to feed them to the snakes and goats.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join