It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay - Not a choice but not born that way.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

But of course you wouldn't think a true woman was a feminist. But then weirdly I am actually a true woman and a feminist, and your a man.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well he's just decided that because I don't share his view of what a traditional woman should be, that I'm not a true woman. The hypocrisy is enormous, because I've actually dared to disagree with him the man, he's trying to strip me of the very feminine qualities he thinks i should embody.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here are a couple of things to think about. First CAH (Congenital_adrenal_hyperplasia) condition. This is from the wikipedia page on CAH

Congenital adrenal hyperplasia

The treatment has also raised concerns in the LGBT community following an essay posted to the forum of the Hastings Center, a think tank devoted to bioethics, which quoted published research that suggested that pre-natal treatment of female fetuses could prevent those fetuses from becoming lesbians after birth, may make them more likely to engage in "traditionally" female-identified behaviour and careers, and more interested in bearing and raising children. Citing a known attempt by a man using his knowledge of the fraternal birth order effect to avoid having a homosexual son by using a surrogate, the essayists (Professor Alice Dreger of Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine, Professor Ellen Feder of American University and attorney Anne Tamar-Mattis) suggest that pre-natal "dex" treatments constitute the first known attempt to use in utero protocols to reduce the incidence of homosexuality and bisexuality in humans.[8] They find such tampering to be morally objectionable.

As you can see there is some thought on female homosexuality having some cases being purely genetic.

Also, new research questions the fluidity of female sexuality. There are women who say that they were heterosexual only to become homosexual later in life (30 y/o or later)

Why Some Women Change Sexual Identity

Late-blooming lesbians have attracted increasing attention over the last years, partly due to the clutch of glamorous, high-profile women who have come out after heterosexual relationships. Cynthia Nixon, for instance, who plays Miranda in Sex and the City, was in a heterosexual relationship for 15 years, and had two children, before falling for her current partner, Christine Marinoni, in 2004.

The consequences can be traumatic.

As the new research reveals, mothers understandably agonize about the reaction of their children if their sexuality begins to waver. Christian Moran, who conducted the studies at the Southern Connecticut State University, found that many women initially go through what is effectively psychological trauma as they try to reconcile their loyalties to their families with their attraction to other women.

While for many women “coming out” is a liberating and ultimately fulfilling experience, for others there can be irrevocable damage to their family relationships.

As shown in the articles there may be more fluidity in the sexuality of females than previously thought. Also, is this an epigenetic response to our environment. There has also been some females who were devout homosexuals who have then gone on to have heterosexual relationships. I do remember one story of a woman who was a lesbian. She got herself pregnant to have a child. After the child was born, for some reason, she then began to have heterosexual feelings. There is also the story of "bootleg Rogaine" that some men claimed them feel feminine. So there is evidence of many causes for movement between extreme heterosexuality and extreme homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Show me a cure for bi polar and I will be gay with you forever.

Educate yourself.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Yeah it was a brain burp.
I used to work with bi polar people so what I should have said was it is treatable.
Being gay is not nor should it be viewed as such.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Let's hope you don't have any bran burps when you're at work monkeyboy32

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I don't I'm freaking awesome at my job....

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You seem it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

You being a "true woman" is your opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Yeah and being a true man and a gentleman doesn't include saying that to any lady....

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

No a true woman would be proud of being a woman and embrace and respect the differences between genders. A true woman wouldn't have to prove themselves constantly by comparing themselves to a man. A real man would never find feminists or feminism attractive. Feminists are insecure about who they are and don't really know what they want. Feminism has been a complete and utter failure. Women nowadays aren't any happier than they were barefoot and pregnant in the 1940s. That's the irony yet they've destroyed the traditional family and emasculated men to the point women are raising boys that never grow up into men.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Lady? Lol as if feminists deserve chivalry by default! Lol

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I get you now, women should be happy with what they had and how dare they want to be treated equally.
You are from the 1950's please tell us about the good ole days when women didn't stick up for their rights and they stayed at home in the kitchen.
Also tell us about when men were men and it was OK to slap a woman....
edit on 5-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thats just me I call all women ladies and men gentlemen.
I'm a Brit it is in my blood to be polite.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yeah exactly! And the fact I dont want to embrace homosexuality means I have "death to fags" tattooed on my arm right? Lol I don't expect British men to understand. The UK is a cesspool of multiculturalism, political correctness and the metrosexualization of men ala David Beckham!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

i think its genetic too but the way you say that as apposed to a genetic disorder lol ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join