It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accountability is impossible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I posted this elsewhere but felt like it belonged here:

I've been thinking about this lately. It is impossible to hold anyone accountable in the US. It's a perfect system of plausible deniability. The Democrats voted for Iraq, yet they act like they had nothing to do with it. Fair enough, we elected a leader who voted against it. So, blame it on Bush. You're right to do so.

On the other hand, the Republicans blame the Democrats for leaving Iraq. What happened when we did so? Oh, nothing, only the most well funded, coordinated, and totally insane terrorist group has taken over a large portion of two nations (that we destabilized over 2 admins, mind you). So, point the finger at Obama, Republicans, you are right.

Wait, didn't Bush sign the SOF? Yep. But that means little in reality. We were the conquering nation. We didn't negotiate properly. SK will no doubt say this is untrue, but it's true. If the Admin had to do it over, and aren't a part of some conspiracy, or retarded, they would say the same. We could have told Iraq "yeah, about that, f### you, we are staying" and dealt with the ramifications. And that situation only arises from the fact we didn't want to stay. The ME doesn't respect anything but power and negotiating.We left because we wanted to do so.

So, it's back on Obama, after it was on Bush, after it was on Obama, after it was on Bush. See the trend?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

Accountability is not impossible, all you need is transparency. Then you just look to see who signed the order, their justification for the decision to sign the order and of course, which lobbyist or power broker gave them the kickback to sign the order. Just have to have a law that says for bribes to valid, they must be paid by check, for auditing and taxation purposes LOL.

Simple ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Accountability is not impossible. In fact, it has seldom ever truly been tried.

Stop blaming politicians. Hold yourself (the proverbial "you") accountable for allowing others to delude you into believing they have any legitimate authority over you. Hold yourself accountable for continuing to buy into their systems of debt slavery and consumption-as-distraction. Hold yourself accountable for the death and destruction committed in your name upon your fellow man and your planet.

The only way you will ever stop any of it is if you first hold yourself accountable, and stop blaming the politicians (it's hard, and I do it too).

An ignorant, selfish population will find ignorant, selfish people to "lead" them. Garbage in, garbage out. I think that's Carlin...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Do you believe a national holiday designed to allow regular people to punch politicians with no legal consequences for not fulfilling political promises would help?
Just an idea. I believe it might make politicians at least think twice before making promises they know they can't keep if they know they would be held physically responsible.
Again just a thought

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think making politics as a career impossible would help.

If you think there's no accountability in the states, try doing as a powerless citizen what they do. Lie, cheat, steal. You'll find your accountability- its very possible. The problem is that punishment comes from the top down, and not from the bottom up.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

Because of the laws that the gov passes to make themselves impossible to be held accountable for anything-the only way to even begin to hold them accountable is through revolution.

Let me add "IMO"- just to please the nitpickers.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

Sounds like a wonderful idea.

I'm on board 100%!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

but,but king obama swore to transparency,didn't he?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

but,but king obama swore to transparency,didn't he?

I think he's just been swearing about it, as in swearing it off. It's a politician, broken campaign promises and lying for them is about as natural as breathing air for the rest of us.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It is always fun to read political news. I was speaking with some people earlier about Iraq and Libya, and their response was "well, but one was in a state of civil war, so it's entirely different". I shake my head at such meanderings and often wonder how seemingly highly intelligent people can believe the things uttered from their mouths. The world is a strange and funny place.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

I actually started an official petition to do just that out of boredom and rage last night. If you're interested in signing the link is hereI just started a petition on the White House Petitions site, We the
People. Will you sign it?
petitions.whitehouse.gov...
So far in the only person but I think it might be a good way too at least raise awareness that we the people are not happy at all with our government

top topics

join