It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The obvious is confirmed. The Republican party is a fraud.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:12 PM
As suspected by many, the Republican Party has caved in yet again.

This time funding DHS without any funding restrictions to Obama's illegal immigration edicts.

It shouldn't be a surprise. U.S. Chamber of Commerce endorsement and fear of losing Corporate America's political donations ensured nothing but lip-service acts from the Republican Establishment. That's what we got.

Now what? Can we reasonably expect anything different in behavior between now and the 2016 Presidential elections from these guys?

A clear majority in both houses and this is what we get.

I had hoped, hope springs eternal, that some advance would be made. Some slowing of the left agenda. Reality has sunk in. It will not happen.

The Republican Establishment is motivated by fear. Fear of media backlash. Fear of gov't shutdown. Fear of the millennial generation.
Fear of the loss of Big business financial support....fear.

There is one battle left to be fought. Perhaps the last battle. The Republican nominee for President. That's the last hope within the current structure of our political system.

To simplify, Tea Party/ new blood Vs. Establishment preferences/old blood.

Further simplification, for argument's sake, Walker vs Jeb Bush. They are the leaders at this point in both camps. There are other possibilities, but let's use them as a test case.

Bush has the money from the Establishment and Corporate support. Walker, momentum, a willingness to fight and, yes, win.

The only way I can see to beat the republican Establishment is to use their weakness. FEAR.

Let's say either publicly or in private meetings-each has their strength and weaknesses- Walker announces that his is running for President...

Oh MY God. The 'old guard' will give immediate birth to kittens. They are forced to acknowledge that there would be only two possible winners. Walker OR whoever runs for the Democrats. Clinton or Warren.

Failure to nominate Walker ensures enough votes are directed to his independent/third party run to assure a democrat victory.

FEAR. They are faced with two choices. Support Walker fully, with complete backing financially and politically and have at least a President that fits some of bill, or face at least 4 more years, perhaps 8 years of anti-capitalist, agenda driven re-making of the American political structure and the U.S. culture....

That 'could' force their hand, there's the fear again, into supporting Walker from the onset..

Possible? Thoughts?

Sure Dem thought's too...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:17 PM
a reply to: nwtrucker

Why did they need to the DHS hostage?

Is it DHS fault they are having a political squabble?

I am sure plenty of men and women and their families are rather happy this happened so they didn't have to worry about what they were gonna do if it didn't.

There is other options, maybe they should dust off some of those reform bills.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:24 PM
I have no faith any either of the two main political parties. They both have their constituents and they don't represent the middle class.

I'd vote for anyone from the middle class right now.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:26 PM
The Republicans are a fraud alright! So are the Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, Left Wing, Right Wing, etc., etc., etc...

They all pander to their crowd then go back on their words after they're elected. They go where the money is, and that is to their campaign donors, a.k.a. corporate America and the billionaires that run our government. In that case, the government is a fraud too! Everything in politics is a fraud and politics is a fraud perpetrated to make people think they have power when they really don't. The only people with power are the ones who can buy it, that doesn't include the average American.

To be successful in politics you have to do what the money tells you to. If you go against the status quo you get no exposure and thus are put on the backburner, never to move up in the ranks. The ones at the "top" are paid patsies, they are frauds by their nature because their nature is to lie.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:37 PM

Yes, the Republican party will continue to utterly fail to defend freedom and liberty.

Perhaps fail isn't an accurate term since I see very little evidence that they have even tried.
edit on 4-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:38 PM
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sigh, my understanding of it is limited, to say the least.

Here goes, anyways.

The last Federal gov't funding bill was passed after the last mid-terms, but before the new congress had been sworn in.
Read that the lame duck Congress. 'Fearing' a potential gov't shutdown and the media again blaming the Republicans. The argument was also made that Obama would have vetoed anyways so it would have been a waste of time and a P.R. loss to fight Obama and the democrat controlled senate.

The funding bill goes to around September, if I recall correctly, the DHS funding was only for a short period, weeks I believe, to allow the new Congress an avenue to address the amnesty funding via DHS funding. ( This was the so-called concession to the right wing of the republican party.)

The trouble is the same leaders of both houses for the Republicans were re-elected for the new congress. The result?

The same 'fears', the same agenda supporting Obama's amnesty as the last Congress.

(I'd add, there was plenty to address in the DHS that needed fixing, so those poor families you refer to are just as much subject to political change as the military or any other gov't agency).

As most of the voters seemed to vote Republican as a thumbs down to Obama rather than any official Republican campaign-there wasn't any-this is a slap in the face of the voters, in my mind.

The gloves need to come off if there's any chance for the right/conservatives. IMO.

edit on 4-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:45 PM

originally posted by: Snarl
I'd vote for anyone from the middle class right now.

I don't think people from the middle class get to be in national politics, do they?

Anyway... I can see Republicans maintaining control of the House and Senate for the near future, and even having the White House at the same time... but what are they going to do?

Spend the whole term ripping apart Obama's policies or do something constructive with their time? This is the agenda I see:

*Repeal Obama Care
*Repeal Net Neutrality
*Get rid of illegal immigrants
*Get rid of gay marriage

A bunch of negative things like that... I swear they will spend two terms wrecking Obama's policies instead of making new ones...

I would like to see some policies on the right not based on negativity and fear...
edit on 04pmWed, 04 Mar 2015 22:48:19 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:48 PM
The problem Republicans have is the Senate needs 60 votes to pass (most) bills.

And even then, Obama will be vetoing everything sensible.

But to the immigration memos, Obama has to beat that in court now.

The whole thing is a stalemate.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM
Oh come on, get real. Bush, Reagan and others did amnesty. Republicans have been behind it for years. It is all a show. They love cheap labor. Not to mention they want some more minority vote in the future. It is all smoke and mirrors that they were even against it. Yes some were. But history shows most of them want it. I myself think it is bad for the country. Not to mention the law say deport them as it sits right now. That has not happened like it should have in any administration. That wont change due to the things listed above and relations with Mexico as well. They have spoken out against mass deportation. If it would be an ongoing thing they took care of when it happened it would not be hard to solve. But that is why they let it run ramped. They want them here. Slaves for the rich. Slave that shut up and don't fight for rights. As more are afforded here than there. Until they are citizens and are educated by others at to their rights. But the dumbing down of society will fix that. Just add more fluoride and a heavy dose of MSM.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:06 PM
a reply to: roth1

I don't disagree. We've seen the results od those amnesties as well. Just an incentive to have the numbers increase.

It doesn't work.

Truth be told, I don't care who or when this has been done before. I...a lot of people want this fixed.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:09 PM
Oh, no! One side is bad.
I better vote for the other side.
If one is bad, then obviously the other side must be good.
Simple logic.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:10 PM

From where I'm sitting your 'Conservatives' aren't any more conservative than your Democrats are liberal.
So they deserve to fail, no?

Your libertarians are more conservative than your Republicans anyways... maybe give them a try?
Your nation (and the remainder of the 'free'-world) dearly needs a libertarian approach IMO.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:16 PM
a reply to: ColCurious

The Libertarians haven't gotten much traction in the U.S..

The perception is they also have been subverted. By anarchists, secular humanists and National Marijuana party members.

Well, my perception anyways. Not a crowd I'd advise having a major say in running the free world....

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:35 PM

Really? I didn't know that.

Well it's a shame when even anarchist are more devoted to the anti-absolutist basic principles of conservative thought than both of your overlords main franchises... especially when one of them claims to be the conservative party.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:51 PM
The Republicans also failed in overriding the KeyStone pipeline veto

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:55 PM

originally posted by: muse7

The Republicans also failed in overriding the KeyStone pipeline veto

That vote was even worse.

The Senate needed 67 votes to over ride Obama.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:16 AM

As a disillusioned inde, Flag and Star! The die is melted.

With 2016 being the skeletal remains of our picked clean
republic for a platform, recovery from where nobody in
great numbers will stir dashed my hope many cycles ago.
What we have seen lately is obviously the death of social-
ism in America and the full bore installation of a baldfaced,
totalitarian fascist oligarchy. Only the awake notice, and
are the first called insane for speaking up to it...maybe
vanished to anywhere they please.

Giving the voter a Republican selection of McCain and
Palin not that long ago was a most blatant and scripted
"sword-fall" as I've ever seen. The wheels were greased
by the PTB for our Democrat incumbent-- after a late
night meeting with his later appointed Secretary of State.
It wasn't a convention, it was a straight-up mafia sitdown.

As the cards played, and all else pretty close in the numbers
game for whomever walked out as the agreed candidate---
I can't help but wonder who else was or were in that room
with them...? Anyone who implies that the Democratic
Presidential candidate in 2008 was due to an agreement
between the two front runners... I've got the card of a really
good doctor in my wallet, you're welcome to it.

This is what the media gave us, this is again what we accepted.

Name brand ideologues that can't possibly deliver on their
flamboyant promises seem a little too desirable to the body
politic here, and it's so telling per that echo from Carlin:
"This is the best we've got." I submit it's all we'll be offered.

Anything or anybody else that breaks through with a real
platform beneficial to the people, and in defiance to the PTB
will be made bloodsport... or worse, make us feel more helpless.
Besides, there's a lot of time until the primaries. Who's to say
for sure we'll get even one more choice in the matter? I can't..

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:22 AM

So ya they had no option cause the option they chose was to leverage the people they serve for some reason.

Congress will always leverage some one elses pay check but never their own.

They already know the answer to get rid of this immigration issue, get reform in action

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:09 AM

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The Republican Establishment is motivated by fear. Fear of media backlash. Fear of gov't shutdown. Fear of the millennial generation.
Fear of the loss of Big business financial support....fear.

And this is why they fail.

It is the business of a government or party, properly attenuated to the land in which they live, assuming a certain level of civility and a properly aware population being present within it, to fear but one single thing. The ire of a population wronged, or betrayed by those tasked to represent them.

No other consideration should even cross the minds of those whose lot it is, to administrate on the behalf of the people. Not business, not foreign policy, but abject fear of failing those who vote for them, and the dire consequences which ought to come about for individuals seen to have usurped the power of the people for their own nefarious ends. The people must never be held to the old measure of "if you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear.", but the political establishment? They must ALWAYS be held to that measure, and have their faces ground into it every time something less than ideal occurs under their watch.

The balance is off whenever that role is reversed, no matter whether the government of the day is right or left leaning.

And one might add, the balance is certainly off when the best one can hope for is that a bunch of malignant work shy schemers like the Republicans, merely block the efforts of another bunch of malignant work shy schemers to alter the course of certain laws and ideals. Hegemony is the least worst outcome, and by that very definition, is unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:46 AM
a reply to: TrueBrit
I do truly enjoy your well articulated and loquacious, intelligent input.
Keep them coming.
I tend to be a man of few words.
That being said...screw the politicians.
All of them. Left and Right.
They can all eat a big sack of detritus.

<<   2  3  4 >>