It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am *gulp* getting married

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: vkey08

Congrats! I guess this isn't the thread for lawyer jokes. He sounds classy they way he proposed.

He loves Lawyer jokes

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

Sorry........

I'm not sorry, he's a wonderful person, and we have been friends for many many years.... He loves my children, and they love him, and he's very supportive of my work (both jobs, my day job and my VFX job) as well as being someone that i can actually open up to..

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MeskY

I'm the she

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Congrats, keep communication open, trust no matter what until you have reason otherwise, have fun and always stay best friends first.

I actually missed this post.. We've been friends for a long time, and communication is not an issue we have, he's seen me through the death of my previous husband, as well as several other life altering situations, and I him... so we know everything about each other anyhow

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: vkey08

Sorry........

I'm not sorry, he's a wonderful person, and we have been friends for many many years.... He loves my children, and they love him, and he's very supportive of my work (both jobs, my day job and my VFX job) as well as being someone that i can actually open up to..

Imo, what does marriage have anything to do with being with a good person
I think it boils down to community conformity, social pressure, and the possibility of being a social pariah .

What is it really that from your point of view of the "official" marriage that benefits you as the participant in this bond?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: vkey08

Sorry........

Imo, what does marriage have anything to do with being with a good person
I think it boils down to community conformity, social pressure, and the possibility of being a social pariah .

What is it really that from your point of view of the "official" marriage that benefits you as the participant in this bond?

I dunno about that conformity thing, I've been single for quite some time and really hadn't been thinking about committing to any one person again actively. I was asked, plain and simple, and I accepted, along with that acceptance I assume all the responsibilities of saying to one person, that we are exclusive to each other and noone else. The only real benefit to me is that I once again, will have some stability in my life, and my children will have a male role model to look up to as well.

For the two of us though it's more about the commitment to each other exclusively.. we've discussed that at length..

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat
damn,you sound like a real gold digger!a reply to: vkey08

Funny, I rarely ever respond to vanity posts like this, but that was my impression as well. I've never, ever referred to a woman I'm dating as a "description of looks, occupation", but to each their own ..
edit on 6-3-2015 by Guidance.Is.Internal because: x

edit on 6-3-2015 by Guidance.Is.Internal because: x

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guidance.Is.Internal

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat
damn,you sound like a real gold digger!a reply to: vkey08

Funny, I rarely ever respond to vanity posts like this, but that was my impression as well. I've never, ever referred to a woman I'm dating as a "description of looks, occupation", but to each their own ..

Funny, because when anyone asks him about me, he always mentions what I do for a living, he's very proud of what I have accomplished, and I him..

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I think it is wonderful you have someone to spend a long time with; one of the things I really like about marriage is that I always have a date!

Here is some coffee humor I thought you might enjoy.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join