It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

someone shot my cat with a BB gun

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm glad the vet decided to take it out. Kitty should heal up just fine now.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

OMG! That's terrible! How is your cat doing? Is he home yet?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Oh man
I am so sad to see this story!

Please keep us updated how he is.
Keep strong it's hard to see our fury family hurt and sick.
hugs zazz

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
An update ; my cat is still with the vet because he doesn't eat and keeps vomiting, it seems his digestive system cannot go back to normal(he is being fed intravenously). It's the 5th day and the vet says if tomorrow the situation is not better, we will have to take a decision, meaning giving a lethal injection or taking him back at home and try to feed him and hope that he eats and heals. We went to the police to inform them and game them the pellet.

What should I do ? Any advice ? If there's no hope I don't want to take him back and just watch him die, that would be even harder..

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
What should I do ? Any advice ? If there's no hope I don't want to take him back and just watch him die, that would be even harder..

What a tough decision! No one can tell you what to do. I can only say what I would do and I would probably let him go. It seems he's suffering... I would support any decision you make, though. I'm so sorry.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The thing is that he is given pain relievers and antibiotics through his veins, and the vet cleans his wound daily, and if I chose to take him back home, I won't be able to take care of him because he doesn't swallow anything, so I wont be able to feed him any medicine.

The vet said that usually, when something like that happens (or the cat is hit by a car) you don't see him again because they just die somewhere, but mine he came all the way back home, like he was expecting me to do something about his pain, he was counting on me.

Anyway, let's hope that it goes better before tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Gosh tough, tough decision. I can't give you advice its to heartbreaking.
Maybe he just wants to come home? Eating may be natural there?

Thinking of you

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's like a miracle, that's the word that the vet used. Yesterday the vet was ready to give him a lethal injection but today he ate and digested well, it means that his intestines are healing and functioning. We still have to wait a few days and see how it goes. Tomorrow they will remove the drain that goes into his belly. It is hard to see him like that. His green eyes look extinct, his 2 front legs are swollen, he has lost much weight etc.. I wanted to take a photo but I don't want to have a photo of him in this situation and in this state.

I don't believe in 'praying' or 'sending thoughts', but maybe ..? No that can't be.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I will certainly be thinking about you and your cat. It can't hurt, right?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
He is finally back home today after 9 days in the vet clinic. He is in bad shape(sutures on 2 different places) and he looks like he doesn't know where he is, but at least he is now out of danger, he eats well. It's kind of strange to see him there because I really thought it was over for him, and to think that he doesn't really know what happened to him..

The bill was 700€ (and it's not over : remove the sutures, medicine etc..) and I don't think I will ever know who shot him, and now I am very reluctant to let him go outdoors(after a convalescence period).

Anyway, I am happy to have him back. And if I have an advice, if it happens to your pet and even the vet says there's no hope, give a few more days.

Thanks to those who posted to give their support !

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Thank God! I'm so happy for you!

Please get a litter box and keep him indoors. There are cat leashes and harnesses and you could take him outside. Here's a man who climbs mountains with his cat!

www.today.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Keep him indoors, he'll become chubby and cuddly! Im so happy this kitty is ok!
So relieved.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Good ending to this story OP.
He is a lucky cat to own such a decent caring human like yourself.
Animal cruelty is the epitome of cowardice.

All I can do is to quote my username and say.
Humans Eh!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh
Good ending to this story OP.
He is a lucky cat to own such a decent caring human like yourself.
Animal cruelty is the epitome of cowardice.

All I can do is to quote my username and say.
Humans Eh!

To tell the truth about how I feel, I don't think I am decent just because I had the means to give up 700€ just like that, there are more decent people than me who cannot give that money. But if you have read my signature and the things I post on ATS, you understand that I am disgusted at this whole capitalistic system. It's retarded. Everywhere I go I see this BS system, every ad I see makes me almost nervous. I am kind of like Neo who sees the BS the matrix is made of.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Your decency has nothing to do with the money side. And I am 100% with you regarding what your sig says.
The genuine concern for a small creature's suffering came through in your words.

I recently spent two weeks income fixing my injured cat which left me in a bad place financially and admittedly caused me some hardship but I'd do it again no problem. What was interesting was how much I learned about many of my acquaintances from it.

I was actually called an a$$hole to my face by two 'real men' who could have saved me all that scarce money in return for buying them a pint. (one with shotgun, one with a sack and a river) You know the type.
Real men who gain their feelings of power from blasting small living things out of the sky. They saw callous disregard for life as strength. I see it as weakness.

You sir, displayed strength through compassion. And I merely wanted to acknowledge that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join