It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Seems we have a few homophobes in our midst.

I'm sorry the idea of you having at one time or another, even just for a moment, been attracted to a male is so offensive to you. You might have even been 7 years old admiring a guy in a Macy's catalog.

It doesn't mean you're gay, so don't be so offended. Not that if you were gay you should be offended..

WTF are you on about? Are you speaking in riddles?

How did my post imply that I am a homophobe? I have never been a homophobe ever.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

All "human desires" are not equal.

Some people want to rape others. That may be natural, but it is not okay. Why? No mutual consent.

Some people want to have sex with animals. That may be natural, but it is not okay. Why? No mutual consent.

Some people want to have sex with dead or unconscious bodies. That may be natural, but it is not okay. Why?

No mutual consent.

Now, any variation of male/female, male/male, female/female, male/female/male, female/male/female .... ad infinitum IS okay and IS accepted and IS not harmful ... why?

Mutual consent.

You don't want that to be the answer to your query, but it is.

My question isn't "why is one ok and one isn't?"

I didn't ask that question.

Rather, I said that if this is your sole reasoning why it's ok, there is a huge flaw in your logic because a lot of behaviors are a result of genetics/environment/upbringing that are NOT ok.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Seems we have a few homophobes in our midst.

I'm sorry the idea of you having at one time or another, even just for a moment, been attracted to a male is so offensive to you. You might have even been 7 years old admiring a guy in a Macy's catalog.

It doesn't mean you're gay, so don't be so offended. Not that if you were gay you should be offended..

WTF are you on about? Are you speaking in riddles?

How did my post imply that I am a homophobe? I have never been a homophobe ever.

It's ok, friend. This is an anonymous place for sharing our feelings. Don't be scared!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I have bisexual friends and at points of my life when I was single I was just jealous of their unlimited options. Nothing more to it than that. Your truth isn't everyones.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Now I think your just trolling.

Asking why is one acceptable and the other not?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It's ok, friend. This is an anonymous place for sharing our feelings. Don't be scared!

LOL now I know you are trolling.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Anywho...

I thought this video would go well in this thread. SF by the way

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Right.

No one has stated that "it is a choice" is the sole reasoning that consenting adults can choose who they have sex with, who they love, who they create lives with, who they marry.

You seem to be focused on something that is not an issue.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Now I think your just trolling.

Asking why is one acceptable and the other not?

I rarely use this word, but you really must be quite stupid.

I've clarified many times this is not my position at all. I'm sorry you can't read well. If you decide you want to answer the question, which was DO YOU THINK PEDOPHILES CHOOSE TO BE PEDOPHILES then please respond. Otherwise you are just a complete waste of time.

If this simple thought exercise meant to force you to ask questions about your own ideals is too hard for you, just move along.

edit on 4-3-2015 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
ANSWER THE QUESTION: Do you really think pedophiles CHOOSE to be attracted to children?

I am simply pointing out that by your OWN LOGIC we should accept pedophiles because I'm sure they don't choose to be freaks.

Do you get it now or does someone need to break out the crayons and draw you a picture?

My logic is...accept it when two consenting people love one another.

Your logic is...if you accept that logic then you must accept it, when one rapes children.

HUH?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I see not problem with women or men enjoying their same sex, I'm heterosexual, but hell while I find men to be the most attractive to me, once in a while I have to say that is some women that darn they look very good to me too, but my choice is for the opposite sex.

But the problem in how we should identified with same sex reside so much within religious views as much as social standards, all this inculcated into us by family and upbringing.

But social views are changing, while religious views are still in the dark ages for most part.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

And still you refuse to answer the question. =]

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I rarely use this word, but you really must be quite stupid.

I've clarified many times this is not my position at all. I'm sorry you can't read well. If you decide you want to answer the question, which was DO YOU THINK PEDOPHILES CHOOSE TO BE PEDOPHILES then please respond. Otherwise you are just a complete waste of time.

If this simple thought exercise meant to force you to ask questions about your own ideals is too hard for you, just move along.

I'm the idiot..
yeah OK

I think pedophiles are born as psychopaths with the need to have power over weak defenseless ones in society.

Pedophilia is not about love or choice..it is about hurting others to for ones own needs.

For you to compare them both is idiotic. Your asking do pedophiles choose to hurt and destroy lives..compared to homosexuals who choose to love one another.

And then you ask why we are saying one acceptable and the other isn't....

I rarely ask this...but can I get a round of stars if you think this guys is a troll or just ignorant.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't think pedo's choose to be that way. So what??? What's your point??? That because they didn't choose it then we should allow them to do it??? Because that's stupid.

Comparing pedo's to consenting adult gays is BS. They are nothing at all the same so stop trying to compare them.

However, the similarity in how people Discriminate certain groups of other people can be compared in some ways.

What do you mean Accept Pedophiles??? I accept that they are real and have a problem that isn't of their choosing, but that doesn't mean you allow them to act on it because it harms an innocent non consenting person.

Gay people who didn't choose to be gay but act on it aren't hurting anyone else by exploring their Gayness.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

And still you refuse to answer the question. =]

Yes they choose to hurt and maim children. They are also people who usually choose how they feel or what they act on..due to being subject abuse themselves or just being psychopaths.

No I do not believe they are the same and that pedophiles choose what they are.

If you are attracted to children and claim to love them...then why choose the destroy them?
edit on 4-3-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I think pedophiles are born as psychopaths with the need to have power over weak defenseless ones in society.

Pedophilia is not about love or choice..it is about hurting others to for ones own needs.

That's incorrect. Pedophilia is a sexual orientation. Most pedophiles do not want or ever harm children.

But anyway yes I think that guy is a troll too.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Can't believe I have to interject with this nonsense....

Yes, paedophiles definitely choose to go for children...

No, gays/lesbians do not choose to be attracted/in love with the same sex...

Now what?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I agree with you, I think derailment is the intent here, a criminal is a criminal and they do what they do, for many reasons, be mental or by choice.

It has nothing to do with our choices of how we enjoy our sexual preferences as adults.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Can't believe I have to interject with this nonsense....

Yes, paedophiles definitely choose to go for children...

No, gays/lesbians do not choose to be attracted/in love with the same sex...

Now what?

Exactly...they choose to target the weak and vulnerable of us.

This guys is an idiot..I ,for one, can't believe we have to continue to point out the difference..

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

That's incorrect. Pedophilia is a sexual orientation. Most pedophiles do not want or ever harm children.

But anyway yes I think that guy is a troll too.

There you go. From all that I've read, you've got it right.

I agree pedophilia is a natural born orientation of sexual attraction to children. The sex of the child seems irrelevant.

Being a pedophile and acting on it is 2 different things. I would also agree most pedophiles do not act on it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join