It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: cj6

originally posted by: Annee
Faggot is a slang word.

Bigot is a legitimate word.

However both ARE derogatory terms and offensive.

The word bigot itself is not derogatory. YOU the one who deem it offensive.

If you call someone a name and they find it offensive that makes the word derogatory because the definition of derogatory is showing a critical or DISRESPECTFUL attitude. You really need a dictionary pal.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Annee

Fine Annee, I've rubbed elbows with both Atheists and Christians my whole life. Does that help or do you really want me to sit here and count how many Atheists I've known over the years?

I would say yeah because you are labeling the entire group by the few you have known.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

a reply to: cj6
That personally has never happened to me...I have always being attracted to the opposite sex..I never made a choice to be straight..I just was.

So your own personal experience applies to the whole spectrum of homosexuality? Because you personally "didn't make a choice" means EVERYONE is exactly the same as you??

I never said that did I. What about you..why do you assume the whole group should be shunned or be thought of as perverse?

Your own personal hang ups? Why do your care what two people do behind closed doors? Why does it bother you when same sex couples want rights? How in the end does any of that affect you personally?

Why are you in this thread making judgements of people because of your own personal issues?

Please feel free to quote anything I've said that has anything to do with judgment or claiming homosexuality is perverse.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I'm bisexual

Maybe that's why you feel that being gay is a choice?

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I'm bisexual

Maybe that's why you feel that being gay is a choice?

Yeah I believe it's a subconscious choice...and I said SUBconscious not conscious.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You really need a dictionary pal.

Ok "pal"

big·ot
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

How is that offensive?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Annee

Fine Annee, I've rubbed elbows with both Atheists and Christians my whole life. Does that help or do you really want me to sit here and count how many Atheists I've known over the years?

Rubbed elbows where with a large enough group of atheists to make an observation that they are anti-gay? In your real world.

With Christians I can walk to any of the 5 churches near my house. Or, just follow the media.

edit on 7-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Please feel free to quote anything I've said that has anything to do with judgment or claiming homosexuality is perverse.

OK..what about when you compared homosexuals to pedophiles.

How about when you decided it wasn't natural?

Homosexuals and pedophiles are not even the same thing and it is disgusting and ignorant of you to claim they are.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yeah I believe it's a subconscious choice...and I said SUBconscious not conscious.

That makes no sense. Choice is a CONSCIOUS decision. If something directs you by force or subconscious or whatever then YOU DIDN'T make the coice.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You really need a dictionary pal.

Ok "pal"

big·ot
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

How is that offensive?

Because if you call someone a bigot and that definition does NOT apply to them then it's offensive. Some people find the word ghetto offensive, if you call someone ghetto...and they are NOT ghetto then they would find that offensive.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Because if you call someone a bigot and that definition does NOT apply to them then it's offensive.

That's called slander silly. You're the one who needs to bring out the dictionary.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

OK..what about when you compared homosexuals to pedophiles.

How about when you decided it wasn't natural?

Homosexuals and pedophiles are not even the same thing and it is disgusting and ignorant of you to claim they are.

Please show me the quote where I COMPARED homosexuals to pedophiles...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Wow that is impressive. So if we can all outright determine that pedophilia is wrong without question and without debate...then why is it harder to determine whether it's wrong or right to be homosexual? Just to be clear we agree that an adult having sexual relations with a child is wrong, yes? Yet we can't agree on whether members of the same gender having sexual relations is right or wrong? Aren't they both outside of the "norm"? Yet one act is justified while the other is not......why??

There. You clearly compared the two as being the same thing.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Nope I said they are both outside of the "norm" as in what a majority of people consider normal. I never used the word SAME thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

ENOUGH!

FINAL WARNING!

Keep the conversation on the topic and off each other or the thread will be closed and guilty parties may be posting banned or worse.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST.

Blaine91555
Forum Mod

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Bigotry is a state of mind where a person obstinately, irrationally, unfairly or intolerantly dislikes other people, ideas, etc.[1][2] Some examples include personal beliefs, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other group characteristics.

You are making claims about the gay population by saying there is an agenda, by saying they are perverting children by being open about it, you are saying what they are doing is unnatural based on your ideals...etc

In my view that makes you a bigot.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Onslaught2996

Nope I said they are both outside of the "norm" as in what a majority of people consider normal. I never used the word SAME thank you very much.

By saying that..you are comparing the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join