It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: cj6
Erm no it is actual science.
It isn't just opinion it has been tested....much more than your theory of it is a subconscious choice...the doctor has evidence you have none.

How do you "test" the subconscious mind? No where does he mention having "tested" the subconscious. And your right there is no point arguing because in your one-sided mind your opinion is right and everyone else is wrong. Get over yourself dude.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yes all evidence shown in this thread either from scientists or personal experiences say it was not a choice...it is you who has the fringe theory of people choosing to be gay.
So yup you are wrong in my opinion and many others.
Why do you cling to your hope it is a choice?.
Religious reasons maybe? the fact that If it is not a choice it can not be a sin?.
edit on 7-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I agree you make sense in your statements. But why can't we just agree that both sides are merely opinions??? Why does someone have to be right and someone has to be wrong?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Ask any gay person were they born gay and accept their answer maybe.

edit on 7-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: cj6

I agree you make sense in your statements. But why can't we just agree that both sides are merely opinions??? Why does someone have to be right and someone has to be wrong?

Because of science and personal testimonies.

As far as sub-conscious ------ I don't consider it relevant when there is scientific research indicating sexual orientation is in the physical makeup of the body.

edit on 7-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

cj6

link   

Yes all evidence shown in this thread either from scientists or personal experiences say it was not a choice...it is you who has the fringe theory of people choosing to be gay.
So yup you are wrong in my opinion and many others.
Why do you cling to your hope it is a choice?.
Religious reasons maybe? the fact that If it is not a choice it can not be a sin?.

I'm not clinging to anything I'm just trying to reach an end to this. And I'm not religious whatsoever nor do I believe in sin. I just happen to be bisexual but I have my own opinions on the subject. By the way I'm done with you, your ego will always prevent reaching a neutral solution.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

A neutral solution would be to accept the studies and accept the testimonies of people who are gay.
Done with me okay...
Flee then..

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

As far as sub-conscious ------ I don't consider it relevant when there is scientific research indicating sexual orientation is in the physical makeup of the body.

lol I'm bisexual so I can give you my own testimony but you'll probably rule it out so what's the point?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

lol I'm bisexual so I can give you my own testimony but you'll probably rule it out so what's the point?

No I won't.

I think most people fall in the middle of the sliding scale and are naturally bi-sexual.

I think more would act on it if it wasn't for social and religious taboos. In this case I think sub-conscious would come into play. Kind of a should I or shouldn't i.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

No I won't.

I think most people fall in the middle of the sliding scale and are naturally bi-sexual.

I think more would act on it if it wasn't for social and religious taboos.

Naturally? I can tell you that although I've been bisexual my whole life, not once have I ever felt like my attraction to males is "natural." Not out of religion because I have none nor do I believe in it. That uneasy feeling I get comes from some unknown, undefinable place deep within my SUBCONSCIOUS. Now my attraction to females on the other side has always felt "natural" and I've never had any uneasy feelings towards my relations with them. Now with that said, my attraction to both males and females is undeniable but not without it's challenges. So YOU say it has nothing to do with subconscious but I'M telling you out of a life long experience, it does.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Guilt because of social conditioning my Uncle went through the same stuff.
You have said it yourself you have been Bi all your life.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

No I won't.

So YOU say it has nothing to do with subconscious but I'M telling you out of a life long experience, it does.

I think that's your reasoning to accept yourself.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Are you TELLING me it's guilt or ASKING me? Cause I can tell you I have no guilt whatsoever nor do I care what anyone in society thinks of me and my orientation. Again it has nothing to do with outside influence, it is something DEEP inside of my being.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

No I won't.

So YOU say it has nothing to do with subconscious but I'M telling you out of a life long experience, it does.

I've always accepted myself for who and what I am. But that does not prevent the unnatural feelings that arise as a result of my....choices lol

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

No thats what I think it is.
Now we could go down your route and say subconsciously because of past experiences you have a sense of guilt due to the old way of thinking that having sex or being attracted to the same sex is wrong and or sinful.
My uncle struggled for years because he had feelings for men but was ashamed and felt guilty until he found his soul mate and came out.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Funny, I wanted to be Bi and couldn't do it. Just wasn't there.

I'm still open to it. Not dead yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Again it has nothing to do with outside influence, it is something DEEP inside of my being.

That we agree on.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No I won't.

I've always accepted myself for who and what I am. But that does not prevent the unnatural feelings that arise as a result of my....choices lol

They are natural feelings.

And not choices. IMO

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yeah he kinda just made a very good point for the OP.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

No thats what I think it is.
Now we could go down your route and say subconsciously because of past experiences you have a sense of guilt due to the old way of thinking that having sex or being attracted to the same sex is wrong and or sinful.
My uncle struggled for years because he had feelings for men but was ashamed and felt guilty until he found his soul mate and came out.

I'm curious as to why you think I feel guilt because of an "old way of thinking." Especially when I'm literally telling you that I don't feel an ounce of shame or feel like having sex with males is wrong or sinful. I've never doubted my attraction to males in fact as early as I can remember I've always acted on it willingly. As I said before there is an UNDEFINEABLE feeling deep down inside that I get...not guilt....just uneasiness with that attraction. The attraction is there but it does NOT feel natural.
edit on 7-3-2015 by cj6 because: Bad grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join