It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Just to add I do find it very flattering when a gay bloke comes on to me.
They are all so well groomed lol not like me I suppose they see me as a bit of rough lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I can see this.

Set up a test for pastors who preach against homosexuality and homophobes in general. Have them prove themselves.

The result would be so hilarious.

Do I hear a new reality TV show? Nah just kidding. Or am I?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Good luck with that one LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
I would say you are wrong in your assessment. The American Medical Association, along with the American Psychological Association, 2 very well respected and long standing associations that set the standards for medical practices would disagree with you on the statement that homosexuality is a sickness.

It is not a choice, as some would believe, nor is it a sickness of the mind, but based on the genetic levels, and it is going down to the question, what makes a person attracted to another. They are currently doing research in this area, but like any research, it is slow and things are coming around that would shock some people, including those who are straight. Much has to do with genetics, where a person seeks a mate who is genetically viable, at some level the brain interprets signals and other senses come into play, finding out those who offer the most to a person that person is attracted to.

This research also seeks to answer questions such as why some men prefer blonds over say brunettes, or are attracted to red heads, or why some men are leg men and others like breasts on a woman. And woman have a whole set of traits that they would see in a potential mate. These are not conscious choices; rather these are often done on the subconscious level, beyond the person’s control.
Once the scientists find out why a person seeks the traits of another, there is a good chance that they will ultimately answer once and for all why a person is straight or gay. It is a matter of genetics.

Another research that is making progress and it shows some answers, but it has yet to be peer reviewed as the science is either very difficult or very new and still has to be determined. The first part of this is the brain. For all of the knowledge out there, we really have no clue what all the grey mass does and is capable of. We have seen what all it can accomplish, the heights that are miraculous and the depths of monstrosity. The other, and this came out recently, but is still being looked into, is that of epigenetics. Some researchers believe that the cause for such is on the base structures of the genetic code, and the epimarkers that tells the dna what to turn on and off and at what point. But the studies are still in their infancy and have yet to be peer reviewed. Many of such is hard to do, and often takes time to compile the data.

One day science is going to tell us what causes attraction, they will answer why some people are gay, and others are not, why some prefer blonds to brunets, or like breasts instead of legs. Why some women find men with facial hair being more attractive than those that are smooth.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: RobinB022
Gay people that have 'gay pride' are not doing so out of some sense of superiority or spite against heterosexuality. At the end of the day it is about equality, and the pursuit of happiness, and all that jazz.

Equality? Meaning equal right? If that's the case then why do gay people try to publicly shame people that don't support their lifestyle? And let's not pretend to be ignorant to that fact. Just look in the media, anyone who expresses their opposition to gay marriage is immediately labeled a bigot. That's not equality if you feel the need to force people to accept homosexuality. It's nobodies obligation to accept anything and trying to shame them or ruin their name is wrong by all accounts. I used to support gay marriage until I saw how awful people who do not support it are treated and I refuse to be a part of that hypocrisy. Equal is not the same as forced and whether your lifestyle is a choice or not it's most definitely a choice whether others accept it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cj6

If you don't want to marry someone of your same gender, don't.

How would marriage equality or equal rights for gay Americans affect you?

Are you really suggesting that society should be to control people's thoughts so that no one thinks anything bad about you?

And even if people ARE thinking badly of you, how does that affect your equal rights?

What are they keeping you from doing?

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Are you really suggesting that society should be to control people's thoughts so that no one thinks anything bad about you?

Isn't society already controlling peoples thoughts by forcing them to accept whatever society deems appropriate??

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cj6

Isn't society already controlling peoples thoughts by forcing them to accept whatever society deems appropriate??

No.

(Hint: May want to be a bit more clear on what you mean by "society." Also, how does anyone "control" the thoughts of another? Do you know of some Telepathy Ray that I haven't heard of?)

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

If you don't want to marry someone of your same gender, don't.

How would marriage equality or equal rights for gay Americans affect you?

If you're gonna miss my point then don't bother replying. You're trying to twist my words, I never said I was against gay marriage and I never said it affected me negatively. My point was people that don't support gay marriage are bashed for that belief and that fact is so counterproductive to gay people wanting equal rights. If you support gay marriage FINE, but don't try to shame people who don't, every person on this planet has the God given right to believe whatever they want and if they disagree with you it doesn't make them wrong and you right. Like that dumb No H8 thing they kept spreading around, like I said anyone who doesn't support gay marriage is labeled a bigot and that is WRONG! I used to support gay marriage but I choose not to because that movement has turned from an issue of equality to one of hypocrisy and forced acceptance.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I forgot I need to explain things in a simpler way, society as in our nation as a whole. We are bred to accept what is the norm or what is popular, to follow a collective way of thinking.
edit on 7-3-2015 by cj6 because: An error in whatever

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

First, I'll reply where and when I like as long as I'm within the T&C of this site and on topic, thanks.

I didn't say you were against gay marriage.

If it doesn't affect you negatively, why do you care?

Your complaint is that someone, somewhere, may not like the way you believe.

How does a marketing campaign label you a bigot, exactly?

No one is forcing you to accept marriage equality; again, if you don't want to marry someone of the same gender, don't.

You're still claiming that, through some mechanism, ALL gay people, ALL those who are far marriage equality, are somehow responsible for how you think people think about you.

Don't you think that's just a tad absurd?

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

No one is forcing you to accept marriage equality;

Because as I said before that "marketing campaign" states that anyone who DOES NOT support gay marriage is spreading hate. It's forcing people by giving 2 options: to accept gay marriage or be labeled a bigot. That's called FORCED. You can no longer publicly state that you don't support gay marriage because you are then shamed for it by a vast majority of people who do support it. Was that not clear?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's Marriage Equality.

It's an Equal Rights issue.

Not everyone who supports Equal Rights supports same sex marriages. But, they do support they should have the same rights as hetero couples.

edit on 7-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It's Marriage Equality.

Not everyone who supports Equal Rights supports same sex marriages. But, they do support they should have the same rights as hetero couples.

Are you referring to one thing in particular? If you're referring to the No H8 campaign that is directly in support of gay marriage, hence the emphasis on "NO HATE" towards gay marriage.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It's Marriage Equality.

Are you referring to one thing in particular? If you're referring to the No H8 campaign that is directly in support of gay marriage, hence the emphasis on "NO HATE" towards gay marriage.

"NO HATE" offends you? It's a silent photo protest.

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Americans for Marriage Equality is a collaborative campaign effort led by the Human Rights Campaign to advance marriage equality nationwide. The campaign works to provide up-to-the-minute information about marriage equality to lawmakers, legal experts, media, and grassroots supporters.

The concept for Americans for Marriage Equality was borne out of a successful coalition effort in 2013, designed to support marriage equality against the backdrop of two historic U.S. Supreme Court cases challenging DOMA and Prop 8. HRC co-chaired the coalition of more than 100 organizations that worked to keep lawmakers, media, and allied organizations and grassroots supporters abreast of marriage equality developments – both at the Supreme Court and in state legislative battles across the country. Over that time period from late 2012 to June of 2013, ABC News/Washington Post polling showed that national support for marriage equality rose from 51 percent to 57 percent. americansformarriageequality.org...

edit on 7-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I find the whole 'gay is a choice' argument, quite spurious.

At its core, it posits that at some point, everyone made some kind of choice (one way or the other) - which (when you think about it) means that all, and any, holier than thou proponents, faced this decision - because there was a point at which they questioned thier own proclivity...that would seem to place thier feet firmly in thier mouths...

As a heterosexual, I don't EVER remember making any 'choice'...

Å99

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So do you want to FORCE people to not be allowed to call you a bigot if you say you don't support marriage equality? You are free to publicly state you don't support it, and everyone else is free to publicly state that you are a bigot. See how that works?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No one is forcing you to accept marriage equality;

Because as I said before that "marketing campaign" states that anyone who DOES NOT support gay marriage is spreading hate. It's forcing people by giving 2 options: to accept gay marriage or be labeled a bigot. That's called FORCED. You can no longer publicly state that you don't support gay marriage because you are then shamed for it by a vast majority of people who do support it. Was that not clear?

How are you FORCED? Did No H8 Thugs come to your home and force you to marry someone?

You're speaking in generalities. You're claiming harm where none has been done.

You can't legislate how people think, or we would have had marriage equality 100 years ago.

Why don't you live your life and let others live theirs. Don't require others to agree with you.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
I find the whole 'gay is a choice' argument, quite spurious.

At its core, it posits that at some point, everyone made some kind of choice (one way or the other) - which (when you think about it) means that all, and any, holier than thou proponents, faced this decision - because there was a point at which they questioned thier own proclivity...that would seem to place thier feet firmly in thier mouths...

As a heterosexual, I don't EVER remember making any 'choice'...

Å99

Yes.

For some reason some people don't want to accept it.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So do you want to FORCE people to not be allowed to call you a bigot if you say you don't support marriage equality? You are free to publicly state you don't support it, and everyone else is free to publicly state that you are a bigot. See how that works?

The word bigot is offensive to someone who is NOT a bigot. So if people are free to call me a bigot does that mean people can freely call someone who's gay a faggot? That's offensive is it not? Gay people don't like being called a faggot and yet everyone agrees that's it's offensive and unacceptable yet no agrees that calling someone a bigot is not??? It works both ways. Don't label people or call them derogatory words.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join