It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuff typed into a website, can it be read at the other end before committing to 'send'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Anybody know is it possible for stuff typed into a website dialogue box to be transferred/read in real time at the other end before you hit the send button.

I was doing a simple trade. The price was steady for hours. I typed in the quantity I wanted to purchase and before I hit 'send' the price jumped. Heck of a coincidence
edit on 4-3-2015 by Borisbanger because: to make sense

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yes technically it is totally possible.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Fekkkers!!!

Thanks for that.
the banksters corruption is far reaching.
Its called front running I think -Algo ?
edit on 4-3-2015 by Borisbanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

In simple HTML 4 or lower no they can not. In a number of client side apps like a Java dialog box, yes it can. In HTML-5 it can. If it was a trading site I would look at the source code of the page and review the mark up language to figure this out.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

absolutely yes.

in fact if you go to google and start typing you can see it in action.

Plenty of libraries and code samples online for you to see..

twitter.github.io...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Web browsers connect to the "root widget" of your windowing system, so they can intercept mouse movement, button presses and releases as well as key events. They can even transmit the contents of your "clipboard", that buffer where you cut and paste text.

security.stackexchange.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
They would not be able to see it most likely, they cannot see everyone say if there were thousands of people using the site, BUT....I would be willing to bet that their servers or whatever can detect that you were on their site.
edit on 4-3-2015 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks guys I had my suspicions

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yes, there are even spyware programs that can record every key stroke you make whether the cursor is in a text box or not. In fact, I'm willing to believe that such spyware programs are universal now in any computer manufactured since at least 2012.

originally posted by: Borisbanger
Anybody know is it possible for stuff typed into a website dialogue box to be transferred/read in real time at the other end before you hit the send button.

I was doing a simple trade. The price was steady for hours. I typed in the quantity I wanted to purchase and before I hit 'send' the price jumped. Heck of a coincidence

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Reason #162 why I refuse to electronically file clients tax returns.

The government can see every keystroke, deletion, change, etc. It puts the term 'creative accounting' into a whole new dimension... one that I'm not willing to share with the taxman. *cough*

Good ol' fashioned paper filing for this pussycat.

edit on 4-3-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I have read about the insiders having super fast computers that can do just what you experienced. dunno how true it is but secret technology is secret

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
They take it for granted we are here to serve and be milked.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

What you're probably thinking of is share trading where being as physically close to the actual place is very much beneficial as even an extra millisecond can make or break a deal

Without knowing on what site the OP was on etc theres no way of knowing if its a real time client sort of thing where someone saw you wanted something and decided to jack the price up or just the fact the OP had spent so long the computer automatically adjusted the price dependant on other factors as it knew there was interest on the item.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Its water under the bridge.
I was gambling and shaved for a few thousand but I come out on top – so lesson learnt.

decided to jack the price up or just the fact the OP had spent so long the computer automatically adjusted the price

It updated in real time but thats a valid point- time lag/update.
I think people should be aware that this 'front running thing' is happening by stealth and I suppose legally
edit on 5-3-2015 by Borisbanger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join