It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Blurred Out UFO Near the Sun? Satellite Destroyed as a Warning?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: TrueMessiah

There's nearly 4 hours between image 3 and 4 then no images after , I still believe the object in image 4 in that post is a planet , the image in the OP is more than likely a cosmic ray hit.... in my opinion.

The question is would Mercury's orbit around the sun shift that much in a 4 hour span? It takes 88 days for Mercury to complete a full orbit. The image in your post has the object a substantial distance from the CME compared to the image in Ziteguyst's post. I don't think Mercury would be moving that fast.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Another day at the office for NASA. Protecting our fragile psyche's from the unfathomable Lovecraftian horrors that lurk just beyond the fringes of our shortsighted perception.

I feel safer already.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Gh0stwalker because: Occam's Razor

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

There's nearly 4 hours between image 3 and 4 then no images after , I still believe the object in image 4 in that post is a planet , the image in the OP is more than likely a cosmic ray hit.... in my opinion.

The question is would Mercury's orbit around the sun shift that much in a 4 hour span? It takes 88 days for Mercury to complete a full orbit. The image in your post has the object a substantial distance from the CME compared to the image in Ziteguyst's post. I don't think Mercury would be moving that fast.

His image is from 2012...it's three years old!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

We're talking about the image posted by Ziteguyst .

The question is would Mercury's orbit around the sun shift that much in a 4 hour span?

I don't know , I'm not saying it's definitely Mercury but the object in picture 4 does look like other images of planets from soho , like the one I posted.

edit on 7-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It also looks like a perpendicular cosmic ray strike. Note the horizontal "bleed" from the impacted pixel caused by saturation. The excess energy from the strike is transferred to adjacent pixels in the row. That's why it's horizontal.

Planets produce the same effect because they are bright.

It's not Mercury or any other planet, btw. None were in the line of sight at the time.

edit on 3/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'll take that , thanks for clearing it up.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's not Mercury or any other planet, btw. None were in the line of sight at the time.

Also, doesn't a transit of C3 FOV take about 16 days or so?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Longer.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

We're talking about the image posted by Ziteguyst .

The question is would Mercury's orbit around the sun shift that much in a 4 hour span?

I don't know , I'm not saying it's definitely Mercury but the object in picture 4 does look like other images of planets from soho , like the one I posted.

No...clearly the reference was to the image in YOUR post...you remember; the one from Sept. 2012. Where you commented about the planetary transit...

The image in the OP is from Mar. 2015.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Where you commented about the planetary transit...

The image in the OP is from Mar. 2015.

We were discussing image 4 in this post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Which is why I posted the example image I did.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ziteguyst

However, comets move very quickly and often disappear from view completely between each capture.

No. Comets do not move that fast.
You have noted instances of random cosmic rays (high energy particles) striking the camera sensor.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So there's two groups of folk divided on the issue of whether or not these recorded anomalies are either objects or some other explainable phenomena or results of what the frauders do to make everyone falsly excited.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Your welcome!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Circumstantial of course, but could this "object" be responsible for creating this solar flare?

I believe the last image shows a planet , maybe Mercury.

You're right gortex! NASA has a picture in their archives they label "Mercury" taken on March 15, 2010 which is almost identical to the one I posted. Can be seen here:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

But, lets not take THEIR word for it... If it takes Mercury 88 days to make a full orbit, the image taken on March 1, 2015 should be VERY similar to images taken on December 3, 2014 thus suggesting it is indeed Mercury (March 1, 2015 - 88 days = December 3, 2014.)

Sure enough, located the 2014 archives here:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Scrolled to the bottom and found an image titled "20141202_2330_c3_512.jpg" taken on December 2 @ 11:30 PM (files for December 3 were missing)

AND... There it is!

Thanks for help gortex!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Curiosity takes many forms...In this case, I could not ignore inaccurate claims stating "NASA blurring out UFO near the Sun." I can't help to assume these tactics are used to get attention...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Thanks phage! After comparing archives of comets captured by SOHO to more recent images, I agree. Do you know if camera sensor hardware or post imaging software can "ignore" these particles?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

There are some automated filtering algorithms built into the system but they are necessarily not over enthusiastic about it. Identifying and filtering cosmic ray strikes can be problematic because the strikes can occur at any angle and have a wide variety of energy levels.

The surest way to identify a strike is that they only appear in a single image. Unless an object is very close to the spacecraft it would have to be moving at a very high rate of speed to be in one image and not another. But, if it were moving very fast, it would show a "motion blur" effect. Here's what that looks like, debris from the spacecraft in the near field.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Do you debunk purely by running through a list of names you distrust? Do you even look at the subject matter before running a thread down? I'm gonna assume similar logic and lend credence to any story you dismiss, assuming you've done so for misdirection.

I'm not going to cast aspersions on the source, as I see no point in it whatsoever. Seems the whole point of ATS is to get the story out and let others make up their own minds.
That being said, I would have to guess it's a digital artifact of some sort. Those satellites in particular are pretty well known for them. Also, of it were an object of that size and that far away, the shadows would be on the other side. It is shaded on the side facing the brightest light source for several lightyears. Which says to me that if it is indeed a physical object it is much smaller and closer than some have guessed it to be, and is likely being illuminated primarily by reflection from the satellite itsself. Also, as I said previously, the SOHO birds are getting pretty old, and have been known to toss out plenty of artifacts even when they were much newer. Those ccds are exposed to intense radiation on a constant basis. Occasional bits of garbage have to be expected.
As an example :files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-3-2015 by pfishy because: added image

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ziteguyst

Curiosity takes many forms...In this case, I could not ignore inaccurate claims stating "NASA blurring out UFO near the Sun." I can't help to assume these tactics are used to get attention...

Of course they are/ This is ATS. I mean, really?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ziteguyst

How about the "Satellite Destroyed as a Warning?" part?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join