It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Blurred Out UFO Near the Sun? Satellite Destroyed as a Warning?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
More like a lot of delusional people have need to believe every anomaly they can't explain is ET and they want things to be a lot more interesting than their bleak reality.

Funny how the use of critical thinking, automatically means that one must be "delusional" or have a "bleak reality".
I try not to assume that people are delusional simply because they question the veracity of things - gullible perhaps, in certain cases - but who are we to assume...

That being said, I don't think everyone in this thread went straight to ET?

One thing is clear though, that photo is not as simply explained away as many are in this forum. My eyes for example, did not lead me straight to angular-shaped dust on the lens or deflections in calling the source a hoaxer, when the photo came straight from NASA themselves...

You realize that for every object in space more people than just the US or NASA study it right?

Logic dictates that would obviously be the case, yes.
edit on 6-3-2015 by MoonBlossom because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: smarterthanyou
a reply to: AgentSmith

That's not true. NASA has been caught many times altering images after the fact, Clemetine comes to mind for example. Heaps of "artifacts" which were then blurred out and eventually retouched after the fact, but were discovered by many people by simply perusing the public archives. Jose Escamilla did two documentaries on all of the artifacts, and while some of his conclusions and "domes" may just be craters and what not, there was a lot of interesting artifacts that he did manage to find that were completely unexplainable. Not to mention there are plenty of old pics from the Apollo missions showing interesting things, some of which aren't full proof but still interesting, that suggest there was a presence there at some point even if there isn't now.

This is normally what happens when you have people examining data that they don't fully understand, especially when it comes to the processes that make it up. They're also usually looking at compressed representations which contain image artifacts, they get confused by stitching and for some reason they don't bother to obtain the original files even if they're easily available to perform a scientifically viable analysis.
It completely boggles my mind when I see people claiming to be some self appointed expert while they fiddle around with Photoshop and the crappiest, lowest resolution, most compressed file they seem to be able to find. You just can't do science with those files, but I suspect that's why because strangely enough the better quality the data the less there is to 'interpret' - or as I like to describe it - manipulate people into thinking there is something there that doesn't exist.

For instance with Clementine, as you mentioned it, one should be using the LPI client and with each piece of data (image) supply the co-ordinates and parameters selected. Not faffing around with some crappy jpegs they found somewhere.

Also during live feeds if something flashing comes by the satellite or space station or groups of flashing objects come by they dim the feed or move away to another area, as has been seen many times over the years.

They're always changing the feed (it's actually automatic most if not all of the time) and it often cuts out as there are radio blindspots during the orbit. If there was anything that 'they' didn't want you to see there would be no feed. Period.
Urthecast (U R the cast - get it?) should be online fairly soon, can't wait to see what some people will make out of that lol!

You can't tell me all of those objects in all the NASA feeds over the years were all ice and space junk. Space junk doesn't flash at a set rate even when reflecting sunlight. If an object is spinning/rotating as it passes our cameras and its reflecting light it shouldn't appear to pulsate like those other objects do.

Errr, well yes actually it should. Take a small mirror and rotate it at an constant speed and it will blink at a steady rate. Once an object in space is in motion there is no resistance, so until something acts on it the velocity and rotation rate will stay the same causing it to blink at a steady rate. This will vary in intensity depending on it's relative angle to the camera as it moves as well as if it's moving towards, away or maintaining distance and it's lateral movement.

I'm not an expert on space or light refraction but common sense tells me that there is a lot more than meets the eye with regards to space.

No you're clearly not, no offence, so as you admit this why do you refuse to listen to people that are?

Kind of curious that we haven't made any effort to send manned missions to Mars or what not, at least publicly. The public space program is a joke.

Yes it is in some ways because people keep whinging that too much money is spent on space because they're ignorant, so funds aren't as high as they should be. There are already projects in place to try and reach Mars including private ventures like the ambitious Mars One project.
One of the hurdles for long term human colonisation of space is radiation shielding for extended periods. The Apollo missions were so short that it wasn't an issue in the same way, but any potential colonists will be out there for months to years, permanently even. If you think you can do better, please feel free to volunteer your expertise.

There's plenty of free material available online from sites like MIT, CourseRA, Udemy, etc if you want to learn about astronomy, physics, or anything else for that matter and you're not worried about a piece of paper at the end of it. Be prepared to put months to years of work in though.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You can't tell me the original doesn't look like a face

Sure, the original, terrible quality 'face on mars' image looked vaguely like a face. Fortunately, imaging technlgy has since improved, and we've been able to determine that in reality, the 'face' doesn't even remotely look artificial, or like a face at all. One would have to be remarkably ignorant to still cling to such notions.

or there isn't mounds of strikingly odd geometry all over Mars, Phobos, Demos, and many of the other moons of the various planets in our own solar system.

If by "strikingly odd geometry" you mean natural geologic formations and features formed from collisions with other solar system bodies (asteroids etc.).

That doesn't include the strange anomalous heat signatures detected on many of those moons.

Interesting. I was unaware of any 'strange anomalous' heat signatures being detected on any of the moons in our solar system. Do you have a source for that?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have to admit, I expected this to be torn apart by now but that really has not been the case. I remain mildly intrigued.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well then you can say that anything claimed to be a massive object near the sun would be a lie because if any of those claims were true then it would be confirmed with several of the organizations you've listed.

originally posted by: Asynchrony

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: Asynchrony

We really don't have any kind of satellite/probe monitoring the only thing (the sun) keeping us alive?

If not-we need it.

Not as far as I know. I think all the images of the sun are made at intervals because the massive size telescopes are shared with many scientists who use them to look at different parts of the sky. Time is limited.

There are more than a few Sun observing missions. I don't know why you keep repeating this. If you want to know more about space missions, hang out on space sites or at least the Space Exploration form on ATS.

Here's a list of current missions studying the Sun:

Active missions: Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE) - Global Geospace Geoscience (GGS) WIND - Hinode (Sunrise) - PICARD - Reuven Ramaty High Energy Solar Spectroscopic Imager (RHESSI) - Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) - Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) - Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory (STEREO) - Solar Monitoring Observatory (SOLAR/SMO)

Future missions: DSCOVR - Aditya-1 - Solar Probe Plus - Solar Orbiter - Solar Sentinels

One of them just celebrated 5 years studying the Sun 24 hours a day:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Lie #1:

As has already been stated, NASA DID NOT blur out any images nor manipulate any of the archive photos. The full archive of photos captured by the SOHO Satellite on March 1, 2015 can be found here:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

The specific photo in question is located about halfway down the archive page titled:
"20150301_0754_c3_1024.jpg"

For convenience, each picture is titled as a date/timestamp. Thanks NASA!

In fact, the date of modification i.e. post date was on March 1 as well.

I've been digging into the NASA SOHO c3 photo archives surrounding this strange shape and I'm not claiming to have hit gold.

But check this out...

The photo intervals for this satellite are 12 minutes apart. When overlaying the images upon each other, we can estimate the movement of stars and constellations in relation to the satellites' position. The consensus? These objects move very little over the course of 12 minutes. However, comets move very quickly and often disappear from view completely between each capture.

This photo was taken at 7:40 AM twelve minutes before the "unidentified object" appears. Is this the object?

And the object in question precisely at 7:54 AM:

Here's where it gets strange...ten hours later at 6:06 PM (1806) there is evidence of a Corona Mass Ejection appearing near the upper right surface:

Then...

At 10:18 PM (2218) Full-blown ejection with another unidentified object in view.

Circumstantial of course, but could this "object" be responsible for creating this solar flare?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Thank you for the info,Agent.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ziteguyst

This last image shows what appears to be a larger or at least a differently shaped object than the original one being discussed in the OP. Could one be following the other? Can anyone zoom in on this one?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

This last image shows what appears to be a larger or at least a differently shaped object than the original one being discussed in the OP. Could one be following the other? Can anyone zoom in on this one?

Unfortunately, ATS protocol doesn't allow images to be posted in full resolution using that method. However you can find the original image here:

under:

"20150301_2218_c3_1024.jpg"

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

Unfortunately, ATS protocol doesn't allow images to be posted in full resolution using that method. However you can find the original image here:

under:

"20150301_2218_c3_1024.jpg"

Thanks

I was able to zoom in once I switched devices. Good job digging through all those images.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ziteguyst

Very interesting find!

Starred

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Circumstantial of course, but could this "object" be responsible for creating this solar flare?

I believe the last image shows a planet , maybe Mercury.

edit on 7-3-2015 by gortex because: edit to add pic

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

That's right you said it,
it's always that if someone. Who's really interested in what's happening out there that he's being a hoaxer after tracking multiple serious for investigation type of anomalies. As I once did the same thing I watched the ISS I clearly discovered a UFO sighting over there .!! Not really knowing what I was looking we who discussed this not all of course took the logical decision that this could be some rocket launch. . So that.makes me a hoaxer too .? The bleating goats who all think they know everything are either disinformation agents , non believers or just star seekers to balance the scale in their favor. .. I know we have to look critical and I cheer for criticism , but not for bleating goats. .
edit on 0b46America/ChicagoSat, 07 Mar 2015 08:53:46 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 07 Mar 2015 08:53:46 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 0b10America/ChicagoSat, 07 Mar 2015 08:57:10 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 07 Mar 2015 08:57:10 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I wonder if there is a connection between the UFO's near the Sun and the triangles seen on the Sun, recently outlined in this thread, some say the triangle may be a portal?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-3-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

edit on 7-3-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Interesting.
Is that triangle always there?
edit on 7/3/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I believe the last image shows a planet , maybe Mercury.

The photos are taken in 12 minute intervals so if it was Mercury it should be appearing on all the other images.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

There's nearly 4 hours between image 3 and 4 then no images after , I still believe the object in image 4 in that post is a planet , the image in the OP is more than likely a cosmic ray hit.... in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Amazing you jumped right out of the blue into this thread with back up evidence . I see you're not from around here to long..eh yesterday,
what triggered you to back us up ..lol glad you set the record straight. .

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Interesting.
Is that triangle always there?

No, they come and go, but if you do a google search for "sun triangles" you will see others.

I often see shapes that should not be seen on the sun according to the laws of fluid dynamics, or should I say magnetohydrodynamics, which is basically fluid dynamics with a magnetic field thrown in. You would not expect to see anything resembling a triangle, just like you wouldn't expect to see a triangle in the clouds or the lake.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join