It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Blurred Out UFO Near the Sun? Satellite Destroyed as a Warning?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
Isn't there a massive elephant in the room, which seems so obvious that it's been totally overlooked?

The 'thing' is in front of the sun (a very shiny star) but the 'thing' is totally illuminated for the viewer... It should be in shadow. The only conclusion I can think of is that it is very close to the observer/camera and illuminated by its source, or reflected sunlight.

It's not a spaceship. Perhaps an ice crystal on the lens?

Could very well be, I suppose. Although I have to ask...wouldn't being that close to the sun melt any ice in or on this thing?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: jaffo

Prolific UFO hunter Streetcap1

Prolific UFO hoaxter more like.

Streetcap1 is a notorious hoaxing machine who keeps churning out hoax after hoax after hoax.

He is listed in this thread as one.

I recommend that anyone should check that thread before starting any thread in the ufo/alien forum.

The image in the OP to me looks like a bunch of keys on a key ring

Yes, streetcap1 is a CGI artist who inserts things into NASA footage to get Youtube hits. Usually if you look at the original imagery from the source (NASA) his CGI's do not appear in it. He is also prone to exaggerating common things like ice crystals reflect light, cosmic ray hits, even the Moon in a recent case of ISS footage, as being "mysterious alien craft".

By the way anyone who still thinks NASA covers up mysterious things in imagery by blurring it out in a most amateur way need only look at the fact that we have a real life mystery at Ceres which the whole world knows about because the images were released and their mysterious nature talked about by NASA scientists at a press conference Monday.
edit on 5-3-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony

Here's a link to my own thread

Collage & Link List Of Extreme Size Objects Near The Sun
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the thread I made a list of 10 such websites claiming what you found.

I can't tell personally if many of these things are real or not. I imagine that maybe one of the first ones were genuine then all of the sudden the frauders got on board as a new hobby. I think they should install cameras to observe the sun that record it 24 hours a day that way if anything real does appear we will not have missed it.

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: Asynchrony

We really don't have any kind of satellite/probe monitoring the only thing (the sun) keeping us alive?

If not-we need it.

Already done

Just the latest in a long line of space based solar observatories.

edit on 5-3-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: skyblueworld

Sometimes a rock that looks like a space ship is just a rock.

en.wikipedia.org...

Except that's not an example of Pareidolia, that was carved there.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70
a reply to: TrueMessiah
with the sun having a surface temp of around 5000 degrees C and and a core temp of around 17 million degrees , I doubt anything is using it as a stargate.

you can't use something as a blackhole if it isn't a black hole.
On those two facts alone , Haramiens theories are laughable..

What's more laughable is people actually believe his claim that he's a physicist.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
At least theres something Positive about NASA hiding evidence.

Skeptics are no longer able to explain why they would do it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70
a reply to: TrueMessiah
with the sun having a surface temp of around 5000 degrees C and and a core temp of around 17 million degrees , I doubt anything is using it as a stargate.

you can't use something as a blackhole if it isn't a black hole.
On those two facts alone , Haramiens theories are laughable..

Yeah try telling that to the Mayans who depicted ships emerging out the sun.
What makes you think that an advanced race couldn't devise a ship capable of enduring intense heat, whether it be through the use of some type of energy/magnetic field or unknown metallic alloy, a combination of both or perhaps other unknown means? Let me guess, if humans can't do it, or haven't done it yet, then it can't be done huh? Why do our standard and primitive laws of physics have to apply to them?

A blackhole was just one description, obviously there is no way for us to get close enough to investigate exactly what it is. All we have are the images but it's clear that there is something there. Wormhole, stargate, portal, blackhole singularity, and tunnel were all terms used to describe the abnormality in relation to seeing the emergence of these objects around the sun.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Maybe it's been staring at us in the face the whole time:

-Star

-Gate

It's not some kind of portal in a wall, or some kind of platform you switch on. Perhaps it literally means those two specific words.

Stars could act as "gates" to other stars?

I have absolutely no idea how this could be possible. Perhaps on a macro level stars are entangled like photos on a micro scale?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

Isn't there a massive elephant in the room, which seems so obvious that it's been totally overlooked?

The 'thing' is in front of the sun (a very shiny star) but the 'thing' is totally illuminated for the viewer... It should be in shadow. The only conclusion I can think of is that it is very close to the observer/camera and illuminated by its source, or reflected sunlight.

Could very well be, I suppose. Although I have to ask...wouldn't being that close to the sun melt any ice in or on this thing?

The device taking the picture is the SOHO satellite, which is very close to Earth. Not even remotely close enough to the sun to melt ice without an atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Apologies if already posted, but I did not see it anywhere. I usually dump all over these things, but this one at least *looks* interesting. Artifact? Hoax? Mis-identification? What do you think?

"Prolific UFO hunter Streetcap1 claims he has detected in a recent LASCO C3 photo, a massive UFO with an intricate articulated design near our sun.
The photograph was captured by the SOHO (Solar and Heliospheric Observatory) satellite in halo orbit around the Sun-Earth L1 gravitational balance point from where it transmits to Earth a continuous stream of near-real-time data about solar activity used to predict space weather in the vicinity of the sun.
The alleged massive UFO, about the size of the moon, has a complex articulated design suggestive of a sophisticated craft built by a very advanced extraterrestrial technological civilization."

"Scott Waring, editor of UFO Sightings Daily, observes that the crystal-like shape of the object is unlike natural objects or space rocks."

Sorry about the lack of pics, but I can't seem to get them to C&P.

Link:www.inquisitr.com...

I saw the source was the inquisitr and read no further. They have as much credibility as BIN and the examiner.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Why wouldn't NASA hide evidence of some beings with way more advanced technology than they have?

Why wouldn't aliens come looking for us since we have been sending out signals for them to track. They probably rebroadcast our TV shows to their home world. The more channels we create, the more they have to laugh at back home.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Apologies if already posted, but I did not see it anywhere. I usually dump all over these things, but this one at least *looks* interesting. Artifact? Hoax? Mis-identification? What do you think?

"Prolific UFO hunter Streetcap1 claims he has detected in a recent LASCO C3 photo, a massive UFO with an intricate articulated design near our sun.
The photograph was captured by the SOHO (Solar and Heliospheric Observatory) satellite in halo orbit around the Sun-Earth L1 gravitational balance point from where it transmits to Earth a continuous stream of near-real-time data about solar activity used to predict space weather in the vicinity of the sun.
The alleged massive UFO, about the size of the moon, has a complex articulated design suggestive of a sophisticated craft built by a very advanced extraterrestrial technological civilization."

"Scott Waring, editor of UFO Sightings Daily, observes that the crystal-like shape of the object is unlike natural objects or space rocks."

I saw the source was the inquisitr and read no further. They have as much credibility as BIN and the examiner.

We call that "hand waving" and it is not a valid argument. The pic is legit and is on the legit NASA website. The only question is what the pic is actually showing us.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The device taking the picture is the SOHO satellite, which is very close to Earth. Not even remotely close enough to the sun to melt ice without an atmosphere.

If accurate, that would be an option for sure. But if ice is an issue, wouldn't we see it all the time? After all, if the sun cannot melt it, once it forms it should stay there, right?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Prolific UFO hunter Streetcap1

Prolific UFO hoaxter more like.

Streetcap1 is a notorious hoaxing machine who keeps churning out hoax after hoax after hoax.

He is listed in this thread as one.

I recommend that anyone should check that thread before starting any thread in the ufo/alien forum.

The image in the OP to me looks like a bunch of keys on a key ring

Yes, streetcap1 is a CGI artist who inserts things into NASA footage to get Youtube hits. Usually if you look at the original imagery from the source (NASA) his CGI's do not appear in it. He is also prone to exaggerating common things like ice crystals reflect light, cosmic ray hits, even the Moon in a recent case of ISS footage, as being "mysterious alien craft".

By the way anyone who still thinks NASA covers up mysterious things in imagery by blurring it out in a most amateur way need only look at the fact that we have a real life mystery at Ceres which the whole world knows about because the images were released and their mysterious nature talked about by NASA scientists at a press conference Monday.

I really am with you in general and every day on stuff like this, lol. But this pic is not fake. So I would like to get an explanation that makes sense if we can figure one out. Ice sounds good, but like I said before I think it should always be there if it is ice and if the sun cannot melt ice at that distance. Cosmic rays will surely be offered up, but I would like an explanation as to why they are sometimes a white dot and they are other times something like this. Not saying anyone owes me or anything like that, just looking for a consistent and valid explanation is all.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

We call that "hand waving" and it is not a valid argument. The pic is legit and is on the legit NASA website. The only question is what the pic is actually showing us.

I'll agree with that. The pic is probably legit, but I wouldn't put much stock in the veracity of the Inquisitor's interpretation of what is happening.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The temperature in space is about -270C...in the "shade" and around 120C (250F) in Sun light...
www.answers.com...

However, there is very little probability that there is any ice or indeed water in any form on that lens. Even if some small amount made it into space on the lens, it would have "boiled" off during the length of the deployment so far.

The probability that that is cosmic rays is 1 chance in 51 billion... cosmic rays do not end in a "shower" of particles...a cosmic ray is a single sub-atomic particle, typically a proton, sometimes an electron. But always only one. If that image was made by cosmic rays it was multiple. The probability above is for two cosmic rays...

edit on 5-3-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

The temperature in space is about -270C...in the "shade" and around 120C (250F) in Sun light...
www.answers.com...

However, there is very little probability that there is any ice or indeed water in any form on that lens. Even if some small amount made it into space on the lens, it would have "boiled" off during the length of the deployment so far.

The probability that that is cosmic rays is 1 chance in 51 billion... cosmic rays do not end in a "shower" of particles...a cosmic ray is a single sub-atomic particle, typically a proton, sometimes an electron. But always only one. If that image was made by cosmic rays it was multiple. The probability above is for two cosmic rays...

Thanks much for the input. I actually had wondered about that whole "cosmic ray splitting into other particles" thing but wanted to research it before I asked. This really is a neat picture. If it was not on the official site I would completely call it a hoax. But I really don't know what t think about this one.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I'll agree with that. The pic is probably legit, but I wouldn't put much stock in the veracity of the Inquisitor's interpretation of what is happening.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I really don't know what to make of this and I really hope Phage gets here soon. Or Oberg, either one. Let's face it, they both really know their stuff...whoever Phage actually is.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Looks like a Minbari Sharlin. But everybody knows Babylon 5 is fictional, right?

Interesting artifact regardless.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
OT, but what do people think about these two videos:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join