It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department: No Darren Wilson charges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The Justice Department formally closed its investigation of Ferguson Police officer Darren Wilson, declining to bring criminal charges for the killing of Michael Brown.

In a report released Wednesday, prosecutors said that "Wilson's actions do not constitute prosecutable violations" of federal civil rights law.

"There is no evidence upon which prosecutors can rely to disprove Wilson's stated subjective belief that he feared for his safety," the Justice Department report said.

The Justice Department also issued a 100-page report that it said found systemic racial discrimination by the Ferguson police and court system against African-Americans.

Regardless of what side you're on, at least this has brought to light the racial discrimination by police officers and the court system.

A link to the specific story about the separate report that this case brought about can be found here
edit on 4-3-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As for your title.........As it should be. As for the racial discrimination......yes and no. All I have to say is.......it's pretty retarded to put white bigots on a police force in a community that is predominantly black. What did they expect to happen? Whoever is responsible for that disparity is a frigging moron.

For all the do-gooders who still think it's possible for people of different races, cultures and financial standings to get along peacefully and without prejudice............wake up. If this instance doesn't show you the reality of the situstion, nothing will.

People get along better when they're segregated. If you don't belive me, study crime statistics.
edit on 4-3-2015 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

The bigger question is, how many non-white applicants has that police force had? If the answer is similar to "not many," then it is the community's fault for the racial disparity on the force.

As for your claim about getting along better when segregated, then why do "black communities" have such a higher crime rate...statistically speaking, of course.

a reply to: AgentSmith

Good, because all evidence in this single, lone case showed that nothing he did was illegal. But at least taxpayer dollars were wasted again, so there's that!

Now, will the community of Sharpton--err, I mean, Ferguson, accept this answer?
edit on 4-3-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

I havent looked at your statistics. But I think your statement is false. but for me growing up in the hood. There was just as much crime with a predominantly black population.

I mean where do you think the term black on black crime comes from.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good, because all evidence in this single, lone case showed that nothing he did was illegal.

How is it not illegal to shoot at someone running away?
Death sentence for stealing cigs?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Can't say I'm surprised. If that were any normal civilian they would be in prison hands down.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

Good, because all evidence in this single, lone case showed that nothing he did was illegal.

It wasn't for cigarettes and if you really think that then you didn't follow the case.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I never implied that there isn't crime among people of the same race. I know that there is. But why make things worse by doing what Ferguson did?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

When is it lawful to shoot at someone running away? Whether Wilson grabbed Brown or vice versa, when he ran he shouldn't have fired. It IS illegal for cops to shoot at people running because so many of the deaths were for petty thefts.

There are plenty of examples that were caught on video tho..

Muskogee Ok cop shoots guy running
Albuquerque NM cops shoot guy with brake pad
The latest one in pasco WA

Sorry still learning how to link those vids

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Stealing cigs? I thought you said nothing he did was illegal. I don't know where you come from but any kind of stealing/shoplifting is illegal in my neck of the woods.

Nothing he did was illegal, except when he reached in the cruiser and punched the cop and try to take his gun and assault the store owner when he stole cigars.

And yes, it should be illegal to shoot at someone running away but not when they're charging you after telling them to stop.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

And we now know why they had to find some discrimination somewhere ... they can't charge Wilson or Zimmerman, and after making all that noise about how this is all racist, there had to be some there there.

Color me not at all surprised they managed to find something to save face.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Here in Memphis (very large black population) we had all kinds of problems with people screaming racism because many of the cops are white.

But the fact is-like other posters have pointed out-that there aren't that many blacks applying for the police jobs.

Many cops were hired from other cities because of the low turnout for applicants.

But that doesn't stop the morons from screaming racism.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And we now know why they had to find some discrimination somewhere ... they can't charge Wilson or Zimmerman, and after making all that noise about how this is all racist, there had to be some there there.

Color me not at all surprised they managed to find something to save face.

They had to uncover some bogus findings right before they press charges against the Brown family:

"Prosecutors Mull Charges In Brown Family Attack
MARCH 4--Prosecutors are now considering criminal charges against members of Michael Brown’s family in connection with a violent confrontation over the sale of merchandise commemorating the late teenager, who was shot to death last year by a police officer."
www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It doesn't matter, because Wilson knows what he did and his life will never be the same because everyone knows who he is and he can never ever trust a stranger. He will live in his own personal frightened hell until the day he dies.
edit on 4-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Brought to light racial discrimination? If a certain race makes up more of a cities population and commits more of the crime, of course the numbers and arrests are going to be more one sided.

ID
edit on 4-3-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

When is it lawful to shoot at someone running away? Whether Wilson grabbed Brown or vice versa, when he ran he shouldn't have fired. It IS illegal for cops to shoot at people running because so many of the deaths were for petty thefts.

There are plenty of examples that were caught on video tho..

Muskogee Ok cop shoots guy running
Albuquerque NM cops shoot guy with brake pad
The latest one in pasco WA

Sorry still learning how to link those vids

Silly... The autopsy showed all shots hit Brown from the FRONT! He was not running away. Please stop the lies with these types of events and keep it fact based.

ID

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It doesn't matter, because Wilson knows what he did and his life will never be the same because everyone knows who he is and he can never ever trust a stranger. He will live in his own personal frightened hell until the day he dies.

Couple things there...
1. Wilson has repeatedly stated his conscience is clear and he wouldn't do anything differently given the chance. That doesn't read as any sort of "personal hell."
2. The crowdsourced online funds to financially assist him during his suspension and whatnot supposedly collected over a million dollars. That money is apparently all his.
3. His new wife and he are expecting their first child currently... I'm pretty sure with that exciting news, Michael Brown is the furthest thing from his mind.
4. Late last year there was a lot of talk that the Wilsons would be moving on, and maybe not just from MO., but from the midwest entirely.
5. If I was in his shoes, I'd make that move a permanent one away from the mainland USA, and I'd undergo a legal identity change in the process. Heck, considering Brown's parents are likely to file civil charges and try to grab whatever money the man has, I'd move overseas if I was him.

Bottom line, I see a man with a clear conscience and a future he, himself is in full control of.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing
keep it fact based.

...but facts don't rouse the rabble. What are you, one of those folks who actually want America to set aside her differences and live in amity? Yeah? Well, me too... Unfortunately, some folks haven't gotten the message yet, mainly because they stand to benefit financially, celebrity, and politically from manufactured racial unrest.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The autopsy and some witness statement show that the more plausible scenario is that he was not retreating. Remember, I mentioned the evidence, not the claims on MSM channels and Al Sharpton's make-believe world where everything is done with nefarious intent fueled by racism.

The death sentence (which is inflammatory language, btw) was not for stealing cigs, it was for reaching into a police cruiser, trying to take the officer's service weapon while assaulting him, and then charging at the officer after the officer vacated his vehicle.

But I'm not going to explain the evidence to you--if you want to continue to spout out ignorance and emotional arguments, please do it with someone else, as this topic has been exhausted here and everywhere else.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm not making any judgement about the actual shots that killed mike brown. People standing there say he turned to surrender. Darrin Wilson and a lady who happened to be in the area "working on her hatred of black people" (her words) say he came at Wilson.

I was pointing out firing at someone running away is illegal and should be..
That's what multiple witnesses say Wilson did.

This civil rights investigation only concluded Wilson did not initially target Brown for his race.
The other part of the investigation shows systematic problems in ferguson that strongly
Refute the claim that these cases are " manufactured racial unrest" as mr burdman30ott6 may believe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join