It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutchsinse: Office of Naval Research sends Information Regarding HAARP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Dutchsinse: Office of Naval Research sends Information Regarding HAARP

At least they went with the very best available at the time.

Macintosh IIfx
"The Macintosh IIfx is a model of Apple Macintosh computer, introduced in 1990 and discontinued in 1992. At introduction it cost from US $9,000 to US $12,000, depending on configuration, and it was the fastest Mac available at the time.

It had many code-names, including Stealth, Blackbird, F-16, F-19, Four Square, IIxi, Zone 5 and Weed-Whacker."

Dubbed "Wicked Fast" by the Product Manager, Frank Casanova – who came to Apple from Apollo Computer in Boston, Massachusetts where the Boston term "wicked" was commonly used to define anything extreme – the system ran at a clock rate of a then-impressive 40 megahertz, had 32 KB of Level 2 cache, six NuBus slots and included a number of proprietary ASICs and coprocessors designed to speed up the machine further. These required software written specifically for the IIfx to take advantage of them.

The 40 MHz speed referred to the main logic board clock (the bus), the Motorola 68030 CPU, and the computer's Motorola 68882 FPU. The machine had eight RAM slots, for a maximum of 128 MB RAM, an enormous amount at the time.

The IIfx featured specialized high-speed (80 ns) RAM using 64-pin dual-ported SIMMs, at a time when all other Macintosh models used 30-pin SIMMs. The extra pins were a separate path to allow latched read and write operations. It was also possible to use parity memory modules, being the only stock 68K Macintosh to support them. (There were special versions of the Macintosh IIci that used parity 30-pin SIMMs.)

The IIfx also included two special dedicated processors for sound and serial communications. These I/O chips featured a pair of embedded 6502 CPUs, meaning that this Mac also had the core of two Apple II machines inside it (albeit at 10 MHz rather than the 1 MHz of the Apple II). However the machine's architecture did not expose these CPUs to developers.

The IIfx used SCSI as its hard disk interface, as had all previous Macintosh models since the Macintosh Plus. The IIfx required a special black-colored SCSI terminator for external drives, however. SCSI would remain the standard internal storage connector on the Macintosh line until Apple began transitioning to IDE with the Quadra 630's release in 1994.

The IIfx was the apex of Apple's 68030-based Macintosh II series and was replaced at the top of Apple's lineup by the Macintosh Quadra series in 1991. It was the last Apple computer released that was designed using the Snow White design language.

Point being, I still have mine, among many other legacy Apple/Mac computers.

Here's the FOIA contact….most interesting that the fees were waived and the NRL sure as heck knows who Michael is: a royal pain in their butt for years.

tfw
Peace Love Light

Liberty & Equality or Revolution

Hec'el oinipikte (that we shall live)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here's your link.

edit on 4-3-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

Ah crap. I used to work for Apple fixing these.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Considering the HAARP project started flying from Wainwright Airfield (Alaska) while I was there (from 1996-1999) that would have been on par with the 66Mhz IBM laptops we used in the next hanger over for tracking our helicopter maintenance. They were pretty paranoid about the U2 they were using, we had to go inside when they took off and landed and we weren't allowed anywhere near their hanger.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i have to admit that i really know nothing about HARP..other than its blamed for everything.
what does this all mean? why the excitement?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

The way it was brief to me so many moons ago through official military channels was that "HAARP was an expiriment to measure how solar activity effects the atmosphere creating the arora Borealis"

Somehow I never figured out why they needed advanced spy planes to do that, but who am I to cast stones in the direction of scientific advancement.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

That's really funny. I wonder what other great documents can be requested that would lay many of these mysteries and conspiracies to silence.

This was a good example of what formal and civilized requests done professionally will get you.

Congrats to the requestee, looks like he got heaps and heaps of detailed information and data on the HAARP project.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: StopWhiningAboutIt

Advanced spy planes?

That's a new one to me, can you elaborate on this?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Ya know, the information is mostly out there, it's just that most people, particularly those embracing the conspiracy side of HAARP, just don't bother to look for it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Asynchrony

Ya know, the information is mostly out there, it's just that most people, particularly those embracing the conspiracy side of HAARP, just don't bother to look for it.

Well it's good to know that the choice is there for bundles of information if needed or if one merely wants to know some stuff. I think that many of us need to get reminders that hey, there is a freedom of information act and you can learn advanced information about high shelf projects. Sort of like how some people are suppressed with their first amendment and they choose not to exercise it but if they knew really how much liberty they have in the realm of expression they might have a lot of good ideas.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The U2 platform may be old but the technology on board advances as newer technologies are discovered or refined. As it stands the U2 is still a widely used platform for intelligence collection. (So advanced as far as collection devices not as a platform). This is also true for the C-12 (which is almost 30 years old) and still plays a Major part in modern collection.

Yeah everyone wants to tout the new hotties (global hawk, predators, UAVs) but really modern collection is still primarily procured by old platforms using new tech (think non-air breathers launched during the 60 and 70's).

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

NRL sure as heck knows who Michael is

Yes because he had to give his real name on the request form, and they had to have an address to ship the papers to.

a royal pain in their butt for years.

Yes he is because he has conned the gullible to believe HAARP is something that it isn't...and trust me he is not even known by many other than his gullible fan base, and the government doesn't bother with known liars that aren't elected.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

NRL sure as heck knows who Michael is

Yes because he had to give his real name on the request form, and they had to have an address to ship the papers to.

a royal pain in their butt for years.

Yes he is because he has conned the gullible to believe HAARP is something that it isn't...and trust me he is not even known by many other than his gullible fan base, and the government doesn't bother with known liars that aren't elected.

Greetings tsurfer2000h:

And thank you all participants!
And thank you for the many interesting points of view.
Usually, when one mentions Dutchsince, a dog pile ensues and the message is lost amid the attacks on the messenger.

...he has conned the gullible to believe HAARP is something that it isn't...

Really?
OK, fair enough.
Would You mind sharing with the fan base here just what Your interpretation of HAARP is?
We all want to learn.

. . . and trust me he is not even known by many other than his gullible fan base. . .

"Trust me" . . . Why? . . . based on what, pray tell?
Do You have a stellar track record of living Your Life in Integrity without Envy, Hate or Greed?
Are You privy to information such as the numbers of his "gullible fan base" to make such a sweeping statement??
And what makes those in his 'fan base' gullible, in Your opinion, if You please?

Thanking You in advance,

With great respect.
Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: StopWhiningAboutIt

I'm still failing to see the link here with HAARP?

Have I missed something?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

HAARP wasn't just the antennae farm in Alaksa, they also utilized a U2 spyplane fitted with advanced measurement devices to measure how HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) affected the atmosphere. This particular portion of HAARP (High Altitude Air Reasearch Project) was run out of a hanger located on the south side of Wainwright Airfield in Fairbanks Alaska while I was stationed there in the late 90's.

top topics

join