It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah hears of danger of dope-crazed rabbits if marijuana legalised

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You would think someone from the DEA would understand the difference between naturally occurring THCA (it has a COOH carboxyl group and is non psychoactive) vs the decarboxylated (COOH group removed) psychoactive counterpart. THCA can only be converted to THC through two known processes: 1) treatment with a strong base like NaOH or 2) heat. This is why deer can (and will) eat copious amounts of aromatic marijuana bud and not exhibit any symptoms of being stoned.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But the rates went down in Colorado from what I read. Didn't the cops kinda lay off on small crimes for a while in New York because of Deblassio ? Wouldn't that in itself make the crimes reported even lower.

Yep. The article points that the crime rate in CO went down too. The NY police chief pulled that correlation out of his ass.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: damwel
Seriously that's the best they could argue?

If you read the article, they mention a rabbit that ate some plants, then wouldn't leave the area, even after the plants were gone. What more proof do you need?

O, you're joking. thank science.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
LOL! That's just ignorance in the flesh right there!

You could eat all the marijuana you could possibly ingest, and it would have ZERO psychoactive effects. It has to be heated (burned) for that to happen. It's called decarboxylation.

Ignorance is a disease that should be painful.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

You could eat all the marijuana you could possibly ingest, and it would have ZERO psychoactive effects. It has to be heated (burned) for that to happen. It's called decarboxylation.

Lol? why do people keep saying this?

Go eat a spacecake or a weed flapjack and once you've devoured everything in your kitchen, try to remember to come back here and report on your findings.....

edit on 5-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hey! I'm from Utah and this is a serious concern. Did you know that marijuana is a gateway drug for rabbits? Next they move on to catnip and peyote. I mean how are to get our cats high if the rabbits eat all the catnip? Didn't think of that did you? And the coyotes, what about them? Next thing you know there will be a hiker out in the woods being confronted by a snarling coyote. That coyote will look the hiker in the eye and start harassing him, asking him if he has any rabbits on him.

Oh this is a deep, deep hole my friends. Soon we will have woodland creatures with uncontrolled drug problems. Bears and Elk singing Kumbaya. Deer starting to get philosophical with hunters. Bobcats wanting belly rubs. Chaos I tell you. Where would it end....

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

aparently it was a prophetic movie

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Lol? why do people keep saying this?

Go eat a spacecake or a weed flapjack and once you've devoured everything in your kitchen, try to remember to come back here and report on your findings.....

Space cake....is baked. Using heat.

Weed Flapjacks...you going to make those without heat? Nope.

Learn what you are talking about before you post.

www.google.com...

edit on 5-3-2015 by poncho1982 because: added link

edit on 5-3-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Screw Google. I don't understand why people keep saying this. I've ingested said plant more than a few times unheated and still have gotten there, waaay up there. It takes allot but it doesn't require all this mumbo jumbo people keep saying it does. It's almost like dozens of people have jumped onto the bandwagon simply because the TV tells them it's ok now. Raw takes much much longer to kick in but it feels cleaner and much nicer.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699
Sorry there is science behind the concept, the reason that some of the tictures and oils will provide relief to children as an example without being put to sleep..it will be much more effective in terms of getting high when heat is part of the process. Are you going to catch a buzz eating it raw..eat enough maybee, there are far better ways to do it.
Cheers

edit on 5-3-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

lol you beat me to it. I love bad B-movies so I was excited to share it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

Whoa All I gotta Say Love it Love it ....

Omg I just had a thought Moment what about all the Wild life in Afghanistan...

With all the opium and marijuana Plants !!!

With All the Crazy Hallucinating Killer Wild Life ! Like Their Rabbits, Hares & Pikas

Especially the Camel Spiders ! OH MY GOD!!!

Just Imagine! a Camel Spider eating a Cricket or a Lotus that just ate some Opium or Marijuana....Leaves !

Yeah This Thing ...

And We Americans Thought we Had Problems with Just rabbits !
edit on 42015ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago363 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369
Now one could say those cookies were heated....

But I know what you mean. I´ve used self extracted thc oil with a slightly more then handwarm cup of milk and cacao resolved in butter and the next 4-5 hours I was totally wasted and it somehow remembered me of being 4-5 hours on the same feelings like the first 10 minutes on the real hawaians, when they start to get on your neck!

Ah good ol´ times...
edit on 6-3-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

www.google.com...

Wasn't it you that said 'ignorance should be painful'? lol oh geez

Who has told you this nonsense? You don't need heat nor does it need to be 'burnt'. You can eat raw weed and get as high as a kite it just takes longer and isn't as efficient.

Heat just speeds up the process in the same way that you can dissolve sugar in boiling water quicker than you can in ice water.

Go find out for yourself, after all it is the cheapest drug there is.....

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

www.google.com...

Wasn't it you that said 'ignorance should be painful'? lol oh geez

Who has told you this nonsense? You don't need heat nor does it need to be 'burnt'. You can eat raw weed and get as high as a kite it just takes longer and isn't as efficient.

Heat just speeds up the process in the same way that you can dissolve sugar in boiling water quicker than you can in ice water.

Go find out for yourself, after all it is the cheapest drug there is.....

Sorry, but you're wrong.

It's OK, not many people can admit when they are. Just look at the U.S. Congress. LOL

I await your proof. So far I only see you saying it's true. Back it up.

I know for a fact that what I said is true, so I will find this humorous to see it.

With that, in respect for not derailing the thread further, this is my last response. I have no need to respond anymore, as I provided multiple links for you, and anything else is just childish "I'm right your wrong" nonsense.

Good day!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Sorry, but you're wrong.

It's OK, not many people can admit when they are. Just look at the U.S. Congress. LOL

Keep your politics out of this discussion thank you please.

I await your proof. So far I only see you saying it's true. Back it up.

You made the initial claim, you claimed it need to be heated (burnt even) to have any effect. Numerous posters including myself have experienced this personally and can attest to it. Can you? or are you just rabbiting what your parents told you?

I know for a fact that what I said is true, so I will find this humorous to see it.

For a fact lol, ah geez

Can eating wweed get you high?

With that, in respect for not derailing the thread further, this is my last response. I have no need to respond anymore, as I provided multiple links for you, and anything else is just childish "I'm right your wrong" nonsense.

You provided one singular Google search result on decarboxylation, this does not constitute evidence of your claim.

And yeah I can understand why you'd bail at this juncture, you being 100% flat out incorrect and looking kinda silly after claiming that ignorance should be painful....

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: everyone

lol you beat me to it. I love bad B-movies so I was excited to share it.

Im sorry my friend, but i starred your post and will share the credit for it then

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: damwel
Seriously that's the best they could argue?

If you read the article, they mention a rabbit that ate some plants, then wouldn't leave the area, even after the plants were gone. What more proof do you need?

Sounds like the easiest hunting I have ever heard of. Rabbit stew is quite delicious. Seared in a little weed butter and slow cooked with some weed oil, delicious, nutritious, healthy, and fun.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This only shows, how truly stupid our government officials are .

I mean it's not like it was just invented, rabbits have probably been toking down for thousands of years, might be what makes them so horny.

Wait a minute, how stupid are they really, it won't make a bunny high unless he smokes it, ( it has to be heated, to get high effect ) they are really stupid. Just don't leave rolling papers and lighters, matches laying around. Yea.
edit on 9-3-2015 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Juicing is working because it provides the cannabinoid acids, which are potent compounds that help regulate the endocannabinoid system in ways not fully understood just yet. When you juice properly, you consume almost no THC or CBD, it is all THCA and CBDA! That is why you don’t receive any psychoactive effects. Juicing improperly may lead to heating the solution and causing THC to form. The only way to know exactly what you have, strain or juice wise, is to have it tested by a reliable and accurate lab (and not all of the “labs” today operate in that faction either unfortunately).

Only through accurate information dissemination, more thorough understanding and improved patient care will we be able to fully free this marvelous plant! We all have to do our part! Dr. Courtney, who we maintain an excellent relationship with, is a true pioneer in the fashion and we should all aim to support him and his efforts in every way we can. Let’s be sure to get the right information out there to everyone!

Virgin, cold processed oil

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join