It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

But, don't many believe homosexuality causes harm to others and society? (And to themselves)

There are religious who truly believe allowing homosexuality is part of the end times. That by allowing these "behaviors" is a abomination against God. They throw homosexual "sin" right in there with murderers and rapists.

Just like the ignorance of seizures, which were once believed being possessed by the devil.

So, I'm not sure I accept that basis of argument.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Being gay is a choice...What's so funny? You actually believe people are born gay? That's even funnier! People aren't born gay, but if you gays need a reason to justify being gay, go for it....You know that is wrong but will cling to it in arguments all day long...I am not arguing this point so don't even reply, but I find it even funnier people believe they are actually born gay! [/quote

if what you say is true, then, tell us, when did YOU chose to be straight?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Cuervo
Would you vote for a Muslim who vocally supported the benefits of Shariah law?

You know very well I didn't vote for Obama.

Bam! Take that, Me!

I'll leave this one alone. I know you understand what I'm saying and you probably think I'm advocating our typical voting habits but I'm not; I'm just illustrating the fact that our habits our products of a very long line of scary politicians vying for our favor, tugging even at our core beliefs and personal lives in order to make us agree to things we don't like.

Believe me, I'm not advocating it; I just understand I'm held under the same thumb the rest of us are and we vote to lessen the personal damage it causes to us on individual levels.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

O, because they bring up a lot of stupid arguments from what I've experience on ATS, while I wonder if this mean't to represent the freedom of speech for...those who don't like freedom.

Sure we could go into the whole political and industrial corruption, never mind the lack of "Piety" that often goes with their religious statements, they just wanna wake up something and invite from the underworld by doing that, without being invited.

I swear it professional wrestling.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

WHAT difference do such dissenters MAKE?
LAWS say they are free to do these acts.
THEY cannot demand acceptance of them no matter HOW they protest.
I support a legal union if they want legallity as a couple.
THEY cannot shove their sexuallity down my throat or demand a marrige as defined by Christianity unless there is a denomination that THEY create outside biblical edicts or maybe the Prebyterians.
Choice or biology be damned.
It's LEGAL.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

We've suffered for 6 years from a "celebrity politician".

A man who has proven he cannot lead.

We suffered 8 years prior from a man voted in based on a legacy.

We need to stop looking at the person who has the most followers of facebook, who tweets the coolest comments, who looks good in a dress, who looks good in a suit, or who's qualifications include having sex with a president.

We need to start looking at who has the best leadership qualities, who can do the best job, who has the best qualifications.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
its sardonically amusing how many god-fearing folk will turn to homosexuality when it suits their purposes.

prison is one of the foremost examples.

Homosexuality is not the act of same sex.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There's a lot of evidence to support what is said in the OP. There's also a lot of evidence supporting the idea someone's sexual preference can be changed through various psychological techniques.

It's highly controversial but you may not be born predisposed to a certain sexual preference. I was going to do a thread on it because looked at without letting emotions get involved it's an interesting subject which can help us understand ourselves deeply.
edit on 4-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Marriage is not a religious institution, it's a legal one.

Blame the government, not the gays, for taking your "marriage" and making it into a government contract service that provides rights and benefits, not afforded to others. Blame your Church for not trying to stop them when they could have.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The most shocking thing is that this absolute nutter is a f-ing Neurosurgeon. Seriously America, how low do your standards have to be to allow someone like this lunatic to operate as a freaking Neurosurgeon!?
edit on 4-3-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Low intelligence is our countries biggest obstacle to a better future. I don't expect him to be a genius but he should be smart enough not to say something so stupid on national television.

this is far from the first time....but, I would love to see him be the republican nominee for POTUS in 2016.....GO CARSON!!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
That's the dumbest thing I ever heard anyone say. Men # men when there is nothing else around to #.
Pirates, soldiers, prisoners, fisherman, railway workers, you name it... Doesn't make them gay. Also the homo erastes in old greek doesn't mean all old greeks were gay. What's happening is he brought up under a rock? Safely secured from reality, history and the nature of men?
This Carson dude hasn't left his privileged nest a lot, did he? Don't you dare and vote for him, seriously... Would make the whole USofA look even more unbelievable and ridiculous than good old Georgy B. did.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why do inmates often choose to participate in homosexuality in prison? Are you saying it doesn't happen?

How about this, a response based in decades of research into the sexual activities of Humans, based entirely on non-religious delusions...

Sexuality is more fluid than gay, straight and bi. It's also about far more than just procreation. It can be about power, influence, survival, social cohesion... all kinds of basic instinctual requirements.

Like I said, it's far easier to understand these things when you realize that we have not evolved far from our basic instincts, that we are animals, and that religion is man made invention.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why do inmates often choose to participate in homosexuality in prison? Are you saying it doesn't happen?

How about this, a response based in decades of research into the sexual activities of Humans, based entirely on reality and critical thinking rather than influenced by religious delusions...

Sexuality is more fluid than gay, straight and bi. It's also about far more than just procreation. It can be about power, influence, survival, social cohesion... all kinds of basic instinctual requirements.

Like I said, it's far easier to understand these things when you realize that we have not evolved far from our basic instincts, that we are animals, and that religion is man made invention.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I know someone that ran for Mayor once.

However he did it as a parody.

He found out very early on. The more outlandish his ideas. The more support he garnered.

it may be something like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Sarcasm is lost I guess.

Racist!

Fair enough. Let me put it this way... I don't know where Carson is from and I don't care, but if a bunch of liberals get together and start demanding to see Carson's REAL birth certificate, analyze it by layers on the internet, claim that he's adopted, a secret Muslim, decidedly un-American, is the anti-Christ, or Hitler, pals around with terrorists, or uses a fake social security number... I just might join you in your cries of racism.

Oh, you racist, you.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Cuervo

We've suffered for 6 years from a "celebrity politician".

A man who has proven he cannot lead.

We suffered 8 years prior from a man voted in based on a legacy.

We need to stop looking at the person who has the most followers of facebook, who tweets the coolest comments, who looks good in a dress, who looks good in a suit, or who's qualifications include having sex with a president.

We need to start looking at who has the best leadership qualities, who can do the best job, who has the best qualifications.

Which Bush did Obama bang?

@Cuervo
Actually, we vote because were conditioned to be good little followers. I don't vote because humans are retarded.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The legal union issue can be solved secularly which is the only place it can.
Churches have dogmatic laws. THAT is what a church IS.
AND why I stopped going after adlolescence.
Athieists should GET off the attacks and get to a more cooperative effort.
HEARTS AND MINDS IDIOTS!
As it stands attacking is the most public face instead of polite discourse.
Rudeness will always be greeted with denial and combated at every turn by wrongful status quo elements ,so long as the activists don't learn to deal with everyone and not just their own.
Christians HAVE done so ,if not all of them all the time.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The biggest problem in the same-sex marriage debate is the Christian notion that they "own it".

They don't.

When I hear a Christian talking about "traditional marriage" I instantly want to scream the truth at them, and the truth is that they did not invent marriage, they do not own it, they do not have a patent on it, they do not get to select a period of time from a specific place according to their specific beliefs and claim that this is "traditional".

If we really want to get "traditional" (especially in North America) we can go all the way back the Native Americans, who incidentally had same-sex marriage ceremonies. For Europe and specifically the UK, we can go back to the Pagan faiths, who also recognized same-sex unions.

It may be down to each Christian cult to make a decision, but they have that right to not perform marriages. The argument comes when they claim ownership of something they don't own, attempting to inflict their notion of ownership on an entire society.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

The biggest problem in the same-sex marriage debate is the Christian notion that they "own it".

They don't.

When I hear a Christian talking about "traditional marriage" I instantly want to scream the truth at them, and the truth is that they did not invent marriage, they do not own it, they do not have a patent on it, they do not get to select a period of time from a specific place according to their specific beliefs and claim that this is "traditional".

If we really want to get "traditional" (especially in North America) we can go all the way back the Native Americans, who incidentally had same-sex marriage ceremonies. For Europe and specifically the UK, we can go back to the Pagan faiths, who also recognized same-sex unions.

It may be down to each Christian cult to make a decision, but they have that right to not perform marriages. The argument comes when they claim ownership of something they don't own, attempting to inflict their notion of ownership on an entire society.

Well, to get down to it, the government should get out of marriage altogether. Every consenting adult should be able to engage in whatever contractual obligation they choose and the state's only role should be to maintain neutral and objective courts to mediate civil disputes between the citizens in question. Want to go to church and get married? Have at it, but the government should only honor duties and obligations spelled out in a contract. IMHO, if more people had to go to a lawyer and sign a contract about what being "married" means to them, there would be less divorce because people would think about it a hell of a lot more.

As for politicians:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join