It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: iDope
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Lol, this accusation makes a lot of sense [sarc], as it explains why children go through brutality in school because of their "gay" tendencies that are unbeknown to them, literally built into them. I have seen many instances through out years of social work where young boys act very flamboyant (age 6-10) and there is no reason they should be as neither of their parents have taught them to be that way. So, these kids would learn from getting bullyed and beated from acting that way and change, if it were a matter of choice. I have had many homosexual friends throughout my life, a few very close to me. One I was roommates with throughout college and I could tell he was likely gay before he ever came out (he was never interested in girls, was always into fashion, having sleek stylistic furniture, but did not have a lisp or act flamboyant in anyway, etc), and I was the first person he ever told that he was.
I can tell anyone 100% it is not by choice. The prison=gay claim is only because their is a distinct system, a heirarchy consisting of only men, where the weaker will be broken into submission by others. This is a created system that puts highly sex craved men around other men that are willing to submit, get analplunged, in order to divert from being beaten and harmed. It is not every man that comes out gay, typically the "top" will not come out of prison gay, why is that? they just want to get their dick wet and they have no other option, but I guarentee if their was a Big Fat Betty that these men could pass around by earning her from good behaviour, they most certainly would rather have that fat butt over some hairy butt.
originally posted by: tothetenthpower
I'm literally blue in the face right now, I just can't stop laughing.
Washington (CNN)Ben Carson says homosexuality is a choice because many people "go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay."
The neurosurgeon and potential Republican candidate for president in 2016 made the comment in an interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo that aired Wednesday on "New Day."
Asked whether being gay is a choice, Carson responded: "Absolutely."
"Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question," Carson said.
That argument, Carson said, "thwarts" the notion that homosexuality isn't a choice, which is at odds with the majority of the medical community, including the American Psychological Association, who says "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation." Slate's Mark Joseph Stern also outlined the scientific arguments against this particular belief last year.
Can you believe this idiot?
originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist
I have said this before but its been almost a year, so here goes:
I would estimate that 20% of the population in total is either gay or straight. The remaining 80% have varying feelings of attraction for each gender.
Sexuality is not zero sum in most cases. And it is impacted by genetics, epigenetic markers, environment, and life experience.
My oldest son is gay, and has been gay since his earliest age. Sure, a 2 year old doesn't exhibit sexual traits. But they do exhibit gender traits. My son has identified more closely with feminine gender traits his entire life. By the time he determined he was gay, he was the only one really surprised by the revelation.
originally posted by: Stuship
a reply to: Annee
It is the only argument that pushes science to fight proof. I'll stick with it, until it is settled science.
originally posted by: dismanrc
a reply to: Honcho
I have always believed it was a choice. Its not MY choice, but I have no issues with someone who has made that choice.
It is ether a choice or a condition. If it is a condition then it based on a physical issue and could be treated like any other condition. If it is a choice then it is based on a personnel issue and not on a physical issue.
For many years the gay society railed against the efforts of people trying to figure out a medical way of "fixing" the issue saying there is nothing medically wrong that needed "fixing". Now the cry has flipped and and it "I was born this way" which implies a physical essence that could be changed.
can't have it both ways.
Personally I stand more behind someone that says 'I choose to do as I do". I may not agree with the choice, but as long as its not hurting me or mine that is up to the person.