It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Christians, do you agree that the bible is written ambiguously?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:20 AM

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, but you arent sane. You continue to hound Christians knowing full well that you wont change anyone's belief system. I simply came here to show that the bible is not ambiguous when taken as a whole. You came here to gind your anti-bible axe.

Same stuff, different day, yet you seek different results.

Changing people's beliefs isn't always the reason I engage other people in debate. Sometimes I am trying to understand their position. Sometimes I am trying to convince any readers. Sometimes I do it for fun. Calling me insane because you think that I am always doing this to convert people to nonbelief is foolish. Unlike the religious, I understand that not everyone can be convinced to change their minds on beliefs. I can only present the evidence and the reasoning. It is up to them to accept or deny it. So with that in mind, I usually have other objectives when I talk to the religious on these boards.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:36 AM

originally posted by: AinElohim
a reply to: Krazysh0t

all things are his, surely... it's a work in progress.

faith is a gift, it is also rational and logical, it just depends on how it is approached I guess.

No it isn't. Faith is belief in the absence of evidence. It is the exact opposite of rational and logical.

but if you have never been in a large circle pit at a heavy metal festival it is one thing you must try in your lifetime before all is said and done, add it to your list of to-do's

I have. It's ok. I certainly LOVE live music and see about a show a month, but mosh pits aren't fun for me anymore. I don't want to go to a show to get beat up. I want to go to a show to listen to music, dance, and talk to girls. Live music is the best though. I don't fault anyone for enjoying any genre of music and seeing it live. Live music takes music to a level that recorded music can never achieve because it feeds off of the energy of the crowd.

you might find Jesus there amongst the fellow men and women.

Trust me, I hang around a lot of hippies, I haven't found Jesus in their love talk either.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:38 AM
a reply to: AinElohim

I once crowd surfed into a mosh pit. That was crazy. I also started a few. I grew out of that phase though.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:57 AM
a reply to: AinElohim

I try not to claim intelligence. I let my words and thoughts speak for me. I also don't believe in duality. I see very few things in the world that are either or. Therefore I believe that good and evil are a lie.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:54 AM
a reply to: BlueMule

Oh my, it means the written words of God that need preserving, not the Living word of God that needs no preserving.

Your logic is flawed.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:04 AM

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ChesterJohn

If he could preserve a book from corruption then why not his children? All people are corrupt right? So why could he protect the bible but not us? Is his bible more precious than his creation?
not at all.

but what is his word for?

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

God is not obligated to preserve anyone. and not everyone is a child of God.

So man is precious enough because maybe for e great man one might die, or even for a righteous man someone might die. but while we were no good and not worthy of anyone dying for us God's son died for us.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

originally posted by Eunuchorn "If you think any existing translation is even close to accurate or unedited, you're delusional."

just keep telling yourself that and you will never find out the truth. And the truth is out there. Most likely you will not even discover it because you believe what you say. I used to think the same way.

edit on 6-3-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics
<< 2  3  4   >>