It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maternity tourism' raids target California operations catering to Chinese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Xiaoyan Zhang made it clear that she had one objective for traveling to the U.S. from China — to give birth so her child would automatically be an American citizen.

Maternity tourism' raids target California operations catering to Chinese

this is a step in the right direction. i wonder why they didn't target others?
they have to know that if one group is doing this, there are others. maybe because the feds weren't getting their cut from the chinese.

other sources.
Feds Raid California 'Maternity Hotels' for Birth Tourists

Feds fight 'maternity tourism' with raids on California 'maternity hotels

Federal agents raid 20 suspected 'maternity hotels' in California
edit on 4-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Looks like they are going to use this to create anchor babies. What happens when something goes wrong and you have your baby why you are on a layover somewhere you didn't want your baby to be born?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

that and the many benifits that being a U.S. citizens offers the baby and it's parents.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

This practise is totally mainstream in China/Hongkong for rich women. They even made a really popular movie about it last year!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AxlJones

was it a infomercial, or a entertainment type movie.

you know there are people that come into threads, that will say that tourist or illegals don't produce or publish info on how to beat the U.S. system, and that those of us that say they do, even with documented evidence, are nothing but prejudice racist pigs.

edit on 4-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: AxlJones

was it a infomercial, or a entertainment type movie.

you know there are people that come into threads, that will say that tourist or illegals don't produce or publish info on how to beat the U.S. system, and that those of us that say they do, even with documented evidence, are nothing but prejudice racist pigs.

It is an entertainment type movie but they are talking about a very real issue. I know about it because my girlfriend is from mainland China and this is common knowledge over there.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It was a story about this same issue last year showing how this now emerging fluent class in China thanks to US hunger for cheap goods are allowing this women to come to the US stay in very comfortable condos with all their needs taken care until they have their children.

While this has become a business and very lucrative, the women bring money and the children been born American are not poor or needy and they come under visas.

A big difference when compare to importing poverty from south of the border.

Nothing will be done, nothing as we know that illegal immigration is been brush aside this days, the Chinese women have their babies and go back home to send the children back to the US as citizens for education.

Our own laws are biting us in our butts when it comes to US and citizenship when born in the nation, I wonder how many other nations allow this same rights, no many I am sure.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Our own laws are biting us in our butts when it comes to US and citizenship when born in the nation, I wonder how many other nations allow this same rights, no many I am sure.

It's over 15% and this includes all but 2 countries (changed recently) on the american continent, guess it was the way things worked in the new world.

ETA: It isn't just the Chinese either, there are haves and have nots in every country.
edit on 4-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
While it is not perfect wording, I think we should add something like:

For children born in the USA and/or immigrants migrating to USA, they must follow all USA laws plus the originating country laws.

From what I understand, Mexico has tougher immigration laws than we do.

Therefore, you would not only apply USA laws plus Mexico's laws (or any other country of origin).

This would probably stop a lot of this nonsense, the extra expenditures of our tax dollars, and/or taking advantage of our current system such as anchor babies.

edit on 4-3-2015 by DMFL1133 because: Corrected grammer.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DMFL1133

What does that even mean?

For starters, big bad mexican immigration laws where changed a few years back, but even if they remained the same, how would that even change maturnity tourism? Mexico also grants birthright citizenship.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You understand what I was trying to get at and it was just a thought.

So, does Mexico allow anchor babies?

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: DMFL1133

What does that even mean?

For starters, big bad mexican immigration laws where changed a few years back, but even if they remained the same, how would that even change maturnity tourism? Mexico also grants birthright citizenship.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DMFL1133

Yes, which is why following their laws wouldn't change anything.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
As mentioned in my original post, it is not perfect wording.

Thank you for the update concerning the changes Mexico has made.

originally posted by: daskakik

Yes, which is why following their laws wouldn't change anything.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

As mentioned in my original post, it is not perfect wording.

It isn't just that, it is not normal to apply the law of another land. The normal procedure would be to simple change the laws in the US.

Thank you for the update concerning the changes Mexico has made.

I don't think this was one of the current changes made. It is part of their constitution and birthright citizenship (anchor babies) is the norm in most North, Central and South American countries.

new topics

top topics

join