It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to start your own paranormal investigations?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Paranormal investigations sound cool but is it for everybody? I don't think so but hey....... Who am I to tell you what or what not to do? This is a free country. Do as you will but maybe a little free advice from your friendly demonologist .... If you have no experience in this field consider the following:

1. Find someone who does have experience and get that person to become a part of your team.

2. Buy every book you can find on this subject matter and read it twice, this includes books on spirits, all demons, exorcism, witchcraft, black magik, the numerous grimoires that are available, the various spiritual rituals (all religions) and Symbolism ........ as a start.

2a. When I said all demons........ this is because Christianity does not cover the entire demonic world. There are many more demons in other religions and beliefs so learn those as well. I would suggest you memorize by sight, description and name of the top ten demons in every religion/faith as a minimum.

3. Find a real demonologist in your area and become a part of his team. Learn from this individual, hopefully he/she will take you under their arm and make you an apprentice.

4. Find someone who has true spirit discernment. This person will save you and your team if you ever bump into anything nasty.

Why you ask?

Most of the time you will see nothing and experience little to nothing of true value however it only takes one time to run up against a powerful entity and not being prepared. There are very strong entities out here that can rip you into little pieces or drive you insane, or give you a terminal sickness. The cross, holy water, salt, holy books, and anointed oils just piss them off. It could cost you or a team player their life. It does not happen often but it does happen..... do some research. Either death or a mental ward..... etc.

Not everyone is cut out for this type of investigation and again I caution those who jump into this line of work without checking both it and yourself out. If you have high blood pressure, on medication, drugs, highly emotional type person, get easily scared or have experienced any type of mental issues then you might want to reconsider this type of work and leave it alone.

I know ghost hunting sounds cool and exciting and most of the time it is until you walk into a building or area where real evil resides. These evil entities have been called upon (rituals) and now they have the right to stay. Real supernatural powers at work here.

Oh BTW all those cool electrical/electronical devices you can play with to find a ghost........attracts spirits that want to communicate but the "bad boys" will destroy your play toys, cameras. video machines, battery operated watches, even your car.

So........where to start? Start looking at old mental asylums and old prisons that have been shut down. Research the buildings at local libraries and internet. Also check with towns folks about any haunted buildings as a last alternative.

Conduct day time walk through of the building. Do your investigation after 2200 hours until 0500 hours.

Happy hunting or being hunted.

Anyone out there who has dabbled in this line of work that would like to share a story or two?
edit on 4-3-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
When you say memorize the sight of the demons, is there an actual "agreed upon" physical manifestation to be aware of? Or is it certain colors, smells, sights, etc that will act as the calling card?

Also, any good books to recommend that may delve into demons outside of the big religions?

Thanks

a reply to: DeathSlayer

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Good question - some demons have special traits that are well known - example - beelzebub also known as the Lord of the Flies who by the way is a fallen angel, high ranking (general of hell), who takes on the image of a large fly. Some of the signs he will show is hundreds or thousands of flies will assembly in a single room, you will also hear knocking on the walls and screaming. I have seen this on more than one occasion.

Smells are also a tell tell sign.... sulfur, rotting egg smell and rotten or burned flesh/hair are the main smells.

Getting a demon to show himself is a real feat in itself. If the ritual you preform is correct and you are battling a powerful demon many times it will show itself just before it leaves...... not until then. Now at this point I want to be very clear....... if you deal with any negative spirit ALWAYS be respectful. NEVER be disrespectful or treat it shameful. Negative spirits never travel alone. The one who makes contact is ALWYAS the weakest while the strongest remains hidden and silent until it decides to attack. So many have lost their lives for forgetting this so do not forget.

Another thing........ when doing your investigation...... you must go back and redo it at least three times...... same place and time frames. This is where many paranormal investigators make their mistake. Ideally is should be one day before full moon, during full moon faze and then one day afterward full moon faze.

Books to read? It is here at this point I must withhold info. There are some very powerful possessed books on the market, many still being published. Why I don't get specific is some of these books attract negative spirits into your home and into your family's life and is considered to be used only by a true professional and not by a novice. Releasing certain titles and these books get in the wrong hands could be devastating to the novice. I hope you understand.

NEVER PRACTICE ANY TYPE OF MAGIK. You will never get what you want and if you do it will be only for a short time.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I understand, I wasn't hoping for anything more than a book showing traits or stories like you just described. I just found a few that are in dictionary form (at least it seems that way).

I appreciate the response, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your stories from here on out. This subject has always fascinated me.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Sure I can recommend for the general reader some very interesting books:

1. An Exorcist tells his story by Fr. Gabriele Amorth

2. The Encyclopedia of Demons & Demonology by Rosemary Ellen Guiley

3. Deliverance from Evil Spirits by Fr. Francis MacNutt

4. Possession, Exorcism and hauntings by Adam C. BLAI

5. Interview with an Exorcist by Fr. Jose Antonio Fortea

I realize that many of the above books are written by Catholics priests, monks and followers but I must say the Vatican has some of the best demonologist in the world with by far the best library on the subject in the world. Anyone who has a real interest can enroll for classes at the Vatican.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thank you for the recommendations.

I started getting into alchemy years ago and found out very fast there is no skipping through to the next "level" simply by reading books. This is a subject I wouldn't touch with somebody else's 10 foot stick until I knew what I was getting into.

I may have some questions in the near future, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your threads if I run into any questions.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
Thank you for the recommendations.

I started getting into alchemy years ago and found out very fast there is no skipping through to the next "level" simply by reading books. This is a subject I wouldn't touch with somebody else's 10 foot stick until I knew what I was getting into.

I may have some questions in the near future, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your threads if I run into any questions.

Very wise of you. This is why one should not dabble in the unknown without being taught by someone who has the knowledge. Today this is still a BIG problem within the church. Many start off with a clean heart and conscious in researching this knowledge but end up doing exactly the opposite of what they swore against. It is so easy to step over the line and before you know it......... you are in full swing practicing forbidden occult practices, then next step is animal sacrifices which eventually lead to human sacrifices.

And it all started out as an innocent step towards looking into the supernatural.

God Bless you.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

So........where to start? Start looking at old mental asylums and old prisons that have been shut down.

Why "asylums and prisons"?

I've been alone in recently used cells that had held murderers for over a hundred years and explored the morgues and catacombs of shuttered hospitals and asylums.

I've been by myself in the pitch blackness of the unlit gallows room where dozens of criminals were executed. I discovered an obscure storage room in an abandoned hospital that held hundreds of brown paper bags, each containing the last earthly remains of hundreds of deceased. Their pyjamas, wedding ring, false teeth and toiletries.

But the only time I've ever actually scared myself was when I was in the Wright family home on the grounds of the Henry Ford museum.

I have always been fascinated by flight and one wintry day in the early '90s I found myself alone in Orville's second floor bedroom. I was sitting on his bed and pondering the novelty of my situation when I decided to try an experiment.

It occurred to me to close my eyes and speak aloud to my long deceased hero, as an impromptu private seance.

I instantly became overwhelmed by an indescribable terror and fled, literally ran, from the room, down the stairs and out of the house.

That was the last time I ever earnestly beseeched the spirit of a deceased person.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Good question - some demons have special traits that are well known - example - beelzebub also known as the Lord of the Flies who by the way is a fallen angel, high ranking (general of hell), who takes on the image of a large fly. Some of the signs he will show is hundreds or thousands of flies will assembly in a single room, you will also hear knocking on the walls and screaming. I have seen this on more than one occasion.

Do tell. You've encountered some flies and know that meant the devil was there? Did you record any of that?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Good question - frequently prisons and mental wards have held some of mankind's worst criminals and possessed people. These spirits hang around much longer than recently deceased "normal" people - when I say normal I mean those who have not been incarcerated. Those incarcerated are meaner and less likely to move on - giving you a better chance to reach out and make contact - however a bit more dangerous than the "normal" paranormal investigations.

I've been by myself in the pitch blackness of the unlit gallows room where dozens of criminals were executed. I discovered an obscure storage room in an abandoned hospital that held hundreds of brown paper bags, each containing the last earthly remains of hundreds of deceased. Their pyjamas, wedding ring, false teeth and toiletries.

Another good place however if the human remains have been cremated then it is highly likely that spirit has moved on because the body is no longer there for them to commune with. I always recommend cremation over burying the body. Once the body is destroyed - it makes it easier for the spirit to move on. (We become attached to our bodies) so upon death the spirit is used to being with the body .... so it hangs around - sometimes not even knowing the body is dead.

A deceased person can not really cause any kind of real harm unless they scare you to death. These are the ones that will most likely appear .... it is the ones that don't appear that can be worrisome and at times very deadly.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Do tell. You've encountered some flies and know that meant the devil was there? Did you record any of that?

I hope you are not one of those who DEMAND proof otherwise it is a hoax?

I wish I had taken photographs but I did not have a camera with me but I think my daughter took a few pictures of the flies. I will ask her and she if she took any photographs. The last time it occurred was at my daughters apartment. There were several witnesses including a Catholic priest present. After blessing the home, which took some time, something close to Amityville Horror, lights going on and off, levitations throughout the house, screams, walls cracking into pieces, etc.... following morning all the flies had died. No more screams or knocking on the walls and no more flies. She also had a serious illness which almost killed her.

Oh.....BTW..... Beelzebub is not the devil.

EDIT LATER: Have you seen hundreds/thousands of flies in one room and if so have you seen them travel as one unit from room to room? Probably not. Well, I have.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of hogwash

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah2
Sounds like a bunch of hogwash

or a hygiene issue.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If one is indeed successful their is an issue of picking up a supernatural problem of your own.
Are you ready for the many things that happen when a spiirt attaches itself to you?
I 'm sure visiting such thisngs wound't be sufficitent for the most part ,but prolonged exposrue CAN cause attachment once a person becomes sensative to the presence.
I feel THAT should be communicated more effectively.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Paranormal investigations sound cool but is it for everybody? I don't think so but hey....... Who am I to tell you what or what not to do? This is a free country. Do as you will but maybe a little free advice from your friendly demonologist .... If you have no experience in this field consider the following:

1. Find someone who does have experience and get that person to become a part of your team.

Find a liar who makes things up? Ok.

2. Buy every book you can find on this subject matter and read it twice, this includes books on spirits, all demons, exorcism, witchcraft, black magik, the numerous grimoires that are available, the various spiritual rituals (all religions) and Symbolism ........ as a start.

Waste cash on fairy tale books about fictional things? Sure as long as they're an entertaining read.

2a. When I said all demons........ this is because Christianity does not cover the entire demonic world. There are many more demons in other religions and beliefs so learn those as well. I would suggest you memorize by sight, description and name of the top ten demons in every religion/faith as a minimum.

None of them exist. No one has ever proved that even one exists.

3. Find a real demonologist in your area and become a part of his team. Learn from this individual, hopefully he/she will take you under their arm and make you an apprentice.

Unfortunately all the local demonologists near me are now locked away in the loony bin. Where they belong.

4. Find someone who has true spirit discernment. This person will save you and your team if you ever bump into anything nasty.

Encourage the mentally ill? Hmm not sure that would be very responsible of me.

Most of the time you will see nothing and experience little to nothing of true value

Only thing worth reading. Substitute 'most' for 'all'.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
If one is indeed successful their is an issue of picking up a supernatural problem of your own.
Are you ready for the many things that happen when a spiirt attaches itself to you?
I 'm sure visiting such thisngs wound't be sufficitent for the most part ,but prolonged exposrue CAN cause attachment once a person becomes sensative to the presence.
I feel THAT should be communicated more effectively.

You are correct and I have had this issue a few times but only when dealing with the stronger ones. A couple of times I would get visitations before the call would come in requesting my assistance as if they (spirits) has a foreknowledge of what was to come.

Of course I never do this alone. I have a team with a young lady that is very clairvoyant who can both see and hear them. I don't know how many times she has saved our butts. IMO she is the key figure to our team.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes and what about HER baggage?
Few could imagine it I of course only have read these for decades and if such a person stands next to me they feel violence which is part of my spirit(UNCOOPERATIVELY SO) it is just in my nature.
But I pray for them as well,THEY are the scouts of the paranormal world ALL THE TIME.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

some demons have special traits that are well known

I've ran into a couple of "demons" that I never did seriously look into, but they must be known out there somewhere.
One informed me that it is responsible for multiple murders involving mental illness. (it resembled a dragon living around a volcano and no, I am not talking Smaug from the hobbit).

The other that outright attacked me, resembled a charred wolf or really large dog, and it ran in a pack with others.

Have no idea what they were other than not of this realm and most certainly would be considered demonic.
(the closest I could find with the dog was from the emerald tablets referring to the hounds of the barrier.)

Have you ever heard of either of these types?
edit on 4-3-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Smells are also a tell tell sign.... sulfur, rotting egg smell and rotten or burned flesh/hair are the main smells.

Getting a demon to show himself is a real feat in itself. If the ritual you preform is correct and you are battling a powerful demon many times it will show itself just before it leaves...... not until then. Now at this point I want to be very clear....... if you deal with any negative spirit ALWAYS be respectful. NEVER be disrespectful or treat it shameful. Negative spirits never travel alone. The one who makes contact is ALWYAS the weakest while the strongest remains hidden and silent until it decides to attack. So many have lost their lives for forgetting this so do not forget.

Another thing........ when doing your investigation...... you must go back and redo it at least three times...... same place and time frames. This is where many paranormal investigators make their mistake. Ideally is should be one day before full moon, during full moon faze and then one day afterward full moon faze.

Books to read? It is here at this point I must withhold info. There are some very powerful possessed books on the market, many still being published. Why I don't get specific is some of these books attract negative spirits into your home and into your family's life and is considered to be used only by a true professional and not by a novice. Releasing certain titles and these books get in the wrong hands could be devastating to the novice. I hope you understand.

NEVER PRACTICE ANY TYPE OF MAGIK. You will never get what you want and if you do it will be only for a short time.

You claim so many have lost their lives. Care to back up that claim? I don't want to sound like a troll, and the subject is quite interesting, believe me, but every time I see a thread warning against dabbling in demonology or invocation I wonder what the posters ulteria motives are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join