It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' house discovered

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

According to your holy scripture, they didn't return to their home until AFTER Herod was dead.

That was after they went to egypt

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Kantzveldt

This is great evidence that Jesus is real.

I don't disagree that Jesus existed, however I do dispute that he was the "Son of God".

I believe he was nothing more than a man who said a few smart things and gained a following.

You mean *shocked face* like a cult leader might in the 21st century?

edit on 4-3-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I will concede that my theory cannot be proven and is ultimately an appeal to human behavior, but I'd say it is FAR more likely than that it really was Jesus' house.
I agree...just saying that in a conversation about evidence we need to be cautious not to fall into the same traps.
(I looked down my nose at Anishnaabe teachings about their people predating the Younger-Dryas...now it looks like it's true. That's about 13,000 years of oral tradition. There's an elder I owe an apology.)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That was after they went to egypt

For God's sake! Read your # Bible!

And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life. [...] And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

When they left Bethlehem they were immediately instructed to go to Egypt. It doesn't say they went "home" first to get their stuff! They were trying to avoid the murder of their baby, according to the myth! It's ALL about fulfilling prophecy.

Common sense, indeed!

edit on 4-3-2015 by windword because: more content

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If he hadn't established a reputation in the region of Galilee we wouldn't be having this conversation as that's were his following came from, so that's the sort of thing i consider obvious, and all objections ridiculous.

Being famous in the area just makes it MORE doubtful. There are SO many scammers in this day and age who try to con people with fake stuff that is alleged to be associated with famous people. To believe that they didn't exist in Jesus' time is naive and foolish.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I try not to ever speak in absolutes. If you see me slipping, I always appreciate a good catch.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I don't disagree that Jesus existed, however I do dispute that he was the "Son of God".

I believe he was nothing more than a man who said a few smart things and gained a following.

Everything about the Jesus story screams "crazy-cult leader". Offshoot sect of a major religion. Check. Small following. Check. Followers adore leader to godlike point. Check. Caused problems for establishment. Check. Healed people with "miracles". Check. Stupidly charismatic and insightful. Check. No one says anything bad about him. Check. Claimed to speak to god. Check.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lots of "regarded as" and "believed to be" here. No proof of course, but that was to be expected.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Everything about the Jesus story screams "crazy-cult leader". Offshoot sect of a major religion. Check. Small following. Check. Followers adore leader to godlike point. Check. Caused problems for establishment. Check. Healed people with "miracles". Check. Stupidly charismatic and insightful. Check. No one says anything bad about him. Check. Claimed to speak to god. Check.

I know. The Jesus story sounds as bad as the Mohammad story. Jesus just ascended to heaven. Mohammad had to do him one better and ascend to heaven on a winged horse.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The Mohamed story sounds more like the story of a religious warlord using divine providence to spread his religion and leadership. Both are cults of personality developed through naive and starstruck followers, but they tell develop into different mythological accounts. Granted, many of the characteristics I checked off to define a crazy-cult leader could be checked off for crazy-religious warlord as well. Though if you wanted a similar character from Christian mythology to Mohamed, I'd go with Moses. He was likely a crazy-religious warlord as well.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The Mohamed story sounds more like the story of a religious warlord using divine providence to spread his religion and leadership. Both are cults of personality developed through naive and starstruck followers, but they tell develop into different mythological accounts. Granted, many of the characteristics I checked off to define a crazy-cult leader could be checked off for crazy-religious warlord as well. Though if you wanted a similar character from Christian mythology to Mohamed, I'd go with Moses. He was likely a crazy-religious warlord as well.

All the stories are crazy, no matter what religion. People think I'm nuts (no argument from me) for entertaining thoughts that UFOs and Bigfoot might possibly exist, yet they have no qualms telling me about their belief in someone who claimed to be Son of God and rose from the dead three days later, etc. and they themselves talk (pray) to this fictitious space man in their head.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Where did Jesus wage war? Jesus and Mohammad are incompatible polar opposites separated by 5 centuries. Jesus fed and healed people and taught them to turn the other cheek, Mohamad massacred, extorted and enslaved people.

Doesn't even take a child of two to ascertain the differences.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Oh right so being famous in an area now makes it even more unlikely local people would know were you live...weird.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Perhaps you misread or something. I clearly said in the previous post that Jesus was a crazy cult leader and Mohamed was a crazy-religious warlord. I said they had some similarities but ultimately were different myths.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

Oh right so being famous in an area now makes it even more unlikely local people would know were you live...weird.

You aren't doing anything to build a case for your claims. The likelihood of the claim being a lie or not is irrelevant. The PROBLEM is that the claim cannot be disputed. There is good reasoning from both sides of the argument that the claim could be a lie or be the truth. Therefore the only HONEST answer to be said about this house is that we don't know if it was Jesus' house or not. The evidence isn't conclusive enough to make that association.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Well windword, looks like you can cross "There were no people living in Nazareth in the 1st century" off your list of dubious claims. I wonder if Jesusneverexisted.com will do the same? Somehow I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Perhaps you misread or something. I clearly said in the previous post that Jesus was a crazy cult leader and Mohamed was a crazy-religious warlord. I said they had some similarities but ultimately were different myths.

What did he do that was so crazy? Heal some people? Feed a few multitudes? Show no fear for authority and go to his death in peace? Define crazy as it pertains to Jesus portrayed life not what you think of his followers.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Go reread the post where I said this. I outlined the similarities between Jesus and crazy cult leaders. I am by no means saying that this is true, just that it seems likely.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Where did Jesus wage war? Jesus and Mohammad are incompatible polar opposites separated by 5 centuries. Jesus fed and healed people and taught them to turn the other cheek, Mohamad massacred, extorted and enslaved people.

Hey Jackwagon, I wasn't comparing their philosophies, teachings, etc. If you had paid closer attention to the gist of my reply, I was referring to the fairytales of their ascension to heaven - Jesus being beamed up and Mohammad ascending on a winged horse. Doesn't even take a child of two to ascertain the differences

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join