It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman hinting at disclosure, amongst other things

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If I categorized this wrong please correct me

I don't typically watch television,
but tonight the family was watching shark tank
then a commercial caught my eye

this made me feel many waves of emotion
apprehension and anxiety being the most
that they would so subtly sneak this in
clearly drawing inspiration from, well you know

yikes

they've already had adverts on their drones and invisible tech (watch the very end you'll see an invisible craft cutting the clouds)

then there's more, in regards to their cyber security

gyazo.com...

sounds very much like the dreaded "future"

terminator anyone?

edit on 3-3-2015 by NTellect because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2015 by NTellect because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Science and Technology or Aviation forum maybe?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NTellect

There are few very active and interesting threads on the aviation section. They cover this, as well as sightings of some of the more esoteric craft that are allegedly out there.

In no particular order:
Mystery Craft Over Wichita
California Sighting
TR3B on military.com
West Texas Spanloader

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I saw this same commercial this evening. I thought it was quite strange. Normally companies spend money on tv commercials to advertise a product, so they can make more money from the public when that same product is purchased in greater numbers. Northrop Grumman doesn't sell anything to the public, they sell products to the government. So why are they advertising to the public? Seems strange to me. It's not like they are saying "we're hiring", either.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

They're UAVs and other aircraft. Not sure what they have to do with disclosure.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Lockheed doesn't either and they have commercials too. It's all about politics.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NTellect

[...] that they would so subtly sneak this in
clearly drawing inspiration from, well you know

The Nazis..! Yikes!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

precisely

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

the first video the modeling of the craft and if you look in the reflection of the glasses we can see the craft begins to hover
in the second video listen to what she's saying, they said we couldn't become invisible, we couldn't see everything. that in itself makes me shudder. not to mention at the very end again hinting at totally invisible craft w the parting of the clouds

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

You do realize that at the same time they were developing that design Jack Northrop had already flown his own design right?

The Ho229 flew in 1944. The N-1M, designed by Jack Northrop flew in 1941.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

No you see a reflection that's incomplete. That doesn't mean it's hovering. The aircraft at the end isn't seen because it's above the camera showing a shadow on the clouds. It's a classified project, of course they're not going to show it openly.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Lockheed doesn't either and they have commercials too. It's all about politics.

That was sort of what I was thinking. That they are just trying to influence congress men and women, and people who make other important decisions that could effect their contracts (even if doing so in an indirect way, through public commercials).

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This was a "Super" game commercial as well. And they sell all of their products to the public since the government is "We the People" or suppose to be. Big contract coming up for the next generation bomber, supposed to 55-Million a piece and that estimate is at least 10 years old so probably double that amount.

Will be a big fight over who gets to build it and since the contract will most likely decide what company stays in business, its important now to tout their image to the general public so they can cajole congress into awarding the contract to the one that is in their state. Dog and pony show and has everything to do with money and contracts and nothing to do with disclosure, at least not the alien contact disclosure.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You both need to learn Aviation history. Jack Northrop, you know as in NORTHROP Grumman, was building and flying flying wing designs several years before the Horton brothers did.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

It's a fixed price plus inventive contract. Any overrun comes out of their pocket. It might go a little over $55M but not double.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm definitely not trying to come across like I am an expert on aviation, as I'm not. I simply find it very interesting that they would disclose this technology during primetime'ish television. TPTB have to reveal what they are doing in some form or fashion as is law, i feel this to be one of those instances.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I agree with DeadSeraph - it is really odd that they would purchase commercial air time when there's no public market for any of their 'products'. Nor can I think of any reason they would need to promote public relations among the average TV viewer...

The only thing that comes to mind (and please don't flame me for this, I realize it's extremely far fetched):

Maybe it has something to do with the recent CIA claims about UFO sightings really being formerly classified military aircraft - I mean, those Northrop Grumman planes in the videos are the 'classic' triangular 'UFO' shape, so maybe it is part of an attempt by the government to get the general public to automatically think "oh just the latest military craft" anytime they see anything triangular in the sky...

For what reason?...(and here's the 'flame worthy' part)...Maybe the gov't are anticipating an increase of triangular aircraft sightings which are in fact 'not' military in nature but are actually 'other (or parallel) worldly'?

I know - stupid, but it popped into mind, so I thought I might as well share...

****Edit to say - please disregard all of the above - I don't know how to 'undo' a post..
edit on 3-3-2015 by lostgirl because: Feeling even stupider!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The new bomber is decided this spring. They're trying to help their case if they lose the contract and decide to appeal it. It worked with the tanker contract for Boeing, so they're hoping it will work for them too.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

this coincides exactly with my thoughts
are they preparing us for some form of disclosure, whether it be increased activity for these forms of craft or simply letting us know that yes we have the technology and have been working it with it for x amount of years.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

If they lose to the Lockheed/Boeing team there's a good chance Northrop Grumman doesn't last many more years. They're going to do everything possible to set up an appeal, just in case.

If they lose this contract, and the evidence points to them losing it, about all they have are UAVs until the sixth generation fighter in 2018. UAVs aren't going to be big money like the bomber and fighter contracts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join