It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know of a really reliable Cigarette lighter?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bumfuzzle

They are really nice, you have to hold/use it to really appreciate the time they spent on the design. Heck, treat yourself.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Didn't Heffecide start a thread about lighters in the past few months or so....

Was it the bic or the zippo that he was in support of? I can't remember.....

Funny thread either way.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Best Disposable def a Djeep there flints last forever and don't explode apart

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: murlock

I don't smoke but you mention Zippo, well the old antique ww2 era paraffin zippo's were legendary though they may require old fashioned flint replacement's and fresh wick from time to time (Something you seldom see these day's) and of course paraffin has been replaced with lighter fuel and pressurised gas lighter's.
Pizzo will wear out but is a hell of a lot more convenient of course but will never last as long, it is simply that the old lighter's went out of fashion as they were inconvenient requiring maintenance like I say in the form of fresh wick's and flint's.
All they really were was a conveniently packaged iron striker and flint and that is as old as the first man who realized hitting flint with a bit of pyrite made nice spark's but yes those particular Antique Zippo's and other similar lighter's are what you want if you want something that work's as good in 40 year's (if you can get the flint's, wick and fuel for them).

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Here's a little something I discovered. Zippo lighters work better with the flints found in disposable Bics. After the Bic dies, take the flint out before you trash it. Even used, the Bic flint is longer and seems to strike better. Plus, it saves you from having to buy Zippo flints.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: murlock
a reply to: tadaman

Ive had countless Clippers and the newer ones have a softer metal for the striker wheel than they used to have. Either that or the flints are harder than they used to be as mine wear pretty fast and don't spark properly anymore. They are handy though for the 'pokey bit' though (if you get my use for it)

Zippo's are good but they evaporate pretty quickly

I've also had a load of the "turboflame" types and unless you use triple filtered butane which is a pain in the posterior to get hold of and extortionately expensive.

Peace,

M.

I can get 7x filtered butane for $25 for 15 bottles at about 4 stores in my small town. So I don't know where you're looking lol.
edit on 4-3-2015 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: murlock

That avatar nearly sent me rolling out of my chair. lol

Zippos are reliable but, I overfilled mine and got the notorious naptha chemical burn one too many times.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: murlock I use a Zippo lighter. However, I use Naphtha as fuel. It is cheaper than lighter fluid. A quart of Naphtha will last a very long time.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I'm in the UK and it's not as common over here

Peace,

M.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Thanks lol
I used to have the poster of it on my wall in my 20's

Peace,