It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 2 Science Channel -- New Season "NASA's Unexplained Files"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Season 2 Episode 1 had a series of items related to “NASA secrets”, along with a hodge-podge of talking heads, me included, with comments more or less related to the editorial narrative.

Topic 1 -- x-15 UFO [Robert white], UFO author Birnes describing a strange object, followed by narrator describing an object that ”seems to shadow his X-15 as he zooms through the upper atmosphere at more than 5 times the speed of sound. The object keeps pace with the fastest aircraft humanity has ever produced for several minutes, before White begins his descent.” Stanton Friedman, who knows nothing about the event beyond what he read in the ‘National Enquirer’, proclaims: “I don’t know what it was but it certainly –as far as we know – was not one of ours.” Birnes, who knows even less, adds: “If a film exists of an object outside that cockpit you can bet we’ll never see it.” I and another real spaceflight historian get to talk about how the craft was flying through near-vacuum where small stuff flaking off will fall through space on parallel courses, no mystery, which is also what the X-15 team thought.

That’s why the program’s narrative was so deceptive, implying the craft was in the atmosphere when the blip [shown with a fanciful animation that bears no resemblance to the pilot’s actual description of ‘a piece of paper a few inches wide”, or the released photos] paced the ship, and then flew off only when White turned back towards Earth [which he never did, his craft simply fell back from the edge of space on a ballistic arc with no steering needed]. Once back in the atmosphere, the objects vanished.

An excellent but LONG account of the internet debates over this case was in Magonia, by aerospace historian Curtis Peebles. The original link seems broken but here it is on Wayback: web.archive.org...://magonia.haaan.com/2009/fireflies/

Topic 2 – Kecksburg and missing NASA boxes [probably news clippings]. Narrator describes dazzling fireball seen flying over Pennsylvania…. “Thousands see it as it races across the Canadian border into the united states…” Birnes adds it made long ess curve over Ohio, then western border of Pennsylvania….”the people who saw this thing come down say it was a controlled landing, not a crash. “ Friedman claimed, “people saw this thing coming down from the skies, an object acorn shaped. “ The path of the fireball was pretty well established, in a straight-line course over southern Ontario, and despite Freidman’s dramatization, nobody claimed to see it in flight looking ‘acorn shaped’. I wasn’t quoted. See www.debunker.com... and www.jamesoberg.com...

Item 3 was Tunguska, was it an atomic explosion? Some NASA guy had a theory it was a comet, no indications of any NASA secrets, and although I wasn’t quoted my views are here [tbs]

Item 4 was the Phobos monolith ‘space oddity’, neat photographs and clashing talking heads [not mine].

Item 5 was the doomed Columbia shuttle reentry “zig-zag”, called “Columbia’s flashpoint”, and had good series of interviews with astronauts Duane ‘Digger’ Carey and Tammy Jernigan, and the actual photographer Peter Goldie. The narration was garbled because it said stuff like “at the moment Goldie takes his shot…” without making it clear the image was a time exposure, and the shuttle had drawn a persistent line across the sky in advance – I explain it better here: ‘www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Television has ONE purpose, always has, always will.

Distraction from government agendas world wide (globalist).

Turn your TV off, there is no secrets or true knowledge being shown.

Entertainment, as they call it, to distract.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Television is full of lies, but at least it's entertaining.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Idk if t.v. is a distraction or not. However, I found the above recap of the show an amusing quick read. I would've never watched the show. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist

That's what gets me so often. Sky's menu is broken up into the various segments, including Entertainment and Documentary, while the really better documentaries are mostly in what channels come under entertainment, sometimes to be included in the documentary channels at a future time.
Conversely the homegrown stuff contained in the Documentary segment seem to be presented as would be entertainment, in the build-it-up, out of context material to knock-it-down, rest of context format, complete with white noise, serious flashing white light between each scenario plus more, and even more crappy commercial breaks, every farts end.
Thing is, the first thing you need to acknowledge when you watch a Discovery, Nat Geo,( shame on them) SC channel documentary is that you are supposed to forget all the detail, and just remember the white noise and flashing lights, because they will be done again...with all the white noise and flashing lights, courtesy of Heep or Jyundai.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Television has ONE purpose, always has, always will.

Distraction from government agendas world wide (globalist).

Turn your TV off, there is no secrets or true knowledge being shown.

the t.v. wasn't always for a distraction, they also use it to control how they want you to think or feel... and there is an awful lot of E.T. stuff lately. It's interesting to say the least

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Do you have some more on the "space eel"? Because this is something I was kind of thinking, some of the more transparent appearing objects and some of the "strange clouds" could be actually undiscovered species living in our ionosphere.
Would be much appreciated, if you had more to say about that? Or links or anything?
S&F also thanks didn't know about this series.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Do you have some more on the "space eel"? Because this is something I was kind of thinking, some of the more transparent appearing objects and some of the "strange clouds" could be actually undiscovered species living in our ionosphere.
Would be much appreciated, if you had more to say about that? Or links or anything?
S&F also thanks didn't know about this series.

Story, who is an old friend, enjoys talking about both his 'eels' to widen the minds of his audiences to the unusual sights of outer space. I told him I wasn't going to rain on his parade and 'debunk' it, but I had noticed that they both showed up just after deploying big satellites that involved explosive guillotining of retaining straps. He grinned: "You're on the right track," was all he answered. That would suggest you shouldn't read too much into it.

The shuttle cameras WERE used to search the upper atmosphere for little-known phenomena, that's why there are so many horizon night/sunrise views on youtube. It was 'Skeet' Vaughan's "Mesoscale Lightning Experiment" and was very successful at documenting 'sprites'. Skeet tells me nothing else of any interest showed up.

At sunrise when nearby shuttle-shed stuff got suddenly illuminated or drifted out of the shuttle's shadow, sometimes the sky would seem to fill with materializing aliens. Sadly, not.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That's really sad. But cool you're here on ATS and discussing this stuff, so
to you.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The only one of these types of TV shows I actually enjoy is Hanger 1 (The MUFON files show).
The rest just seem to recreate too much bumpf.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyron
Television is full of lies, but at least it's entertaining.

What about the INTERNET !!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just got done watching an episode about new "footprints" on the moon. So what would be some probable explanations for those be? Comets or something else entirely?
edit on 23pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)
This program also talked about the space"eel" or space worm. Never heard or seen anything quite like it.
edit on 23pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
New Season of Nasa's Unexplained Files starts Feb. 23rd. I look forward to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
and saw that on August 28th yet another new season of "Nasa's Unexplained Files" begins. I absolutely love this show. Some files are/can be explained, but there is a lot of stuff that still isn't or can't be explained.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
and saw that on August 28th yet another new season of "Nasa's Unexplained Files" begins. I absolutely love this show. Some files are/can be explained, but there is a lot of stuff that still isn't or can't be explained.

Any topics you'd like added to next season, please suggest with informational links....

top topics

join