It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like clockwork, John Boehner folds to Obama...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I hardly think it is accurate to suggest that Mr Boenner has folded to Obama.

In fact, he showed pretty big brass nuts (not to mention absolutely no brains) when he invited Netanyahu to speak at Congress, apparently without having spoken to Obama about it at all! Now, fair enough, you might not appreciate his stance on the issue that you are interested in, but you cannot accuse him of being challenged in the testicular region!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Boehner is not real opposition. He has been put there to give the illusion of opposition to the progressive / controlling agenda that is being pushed by the powers that be. Even Obama is just a figure head pretending to be in charge all the while being told what to do and how to proceed. There is no true leadership left in our Government.

I wish I could say this is incorrect.But in light of most Ob's hair brain decisions,its becoming impossible to dispute.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

How about what's best for the country not the Republican party!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The GOP thrives on the sweat of illegals. They could care less whether they 'get' citizenship or not.

Everybody wants to hate on Obama, and it's easy because he's a single name to focus invective upon. Boehner ... not so much so. I can't understand how he's lasted so long, or even why he continues to sit and not retire. He's 'got' to be getting richer beyond what he costs the taxpayer.

Obama and the majority of Congress could give a hoot about the middle class. Their interests are only addressed when it suits the narrative.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

A rogue president blatantly violating the law. Allowing millions of undocumented, illegal aliens full rights and citizen honors without the standard protocols being followed. Releasing thousands more illegal aliens from prison, often with hardened records, in the process. Increasing the adult population in the United States by millions at a time when decent jobs are scarce as hell and the employed percentage of Americans is hovering near record lows.

Do any of these really seem "best for the country?"

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
In fact, he showed pretty big brass nuts (not to mention absolutely no brains) when he invited Netanyahu to speak at Congress, apparently without having spoken to Obama about it at all! Now, fair enough, you might not appreciate his stance on the issue that you are interested in, but you cannot accuse him of being challenged in the testicular region!

Really? I'm not sold on the idea that this wasn't simply actors playing their roles, my friend. Let's be realistic here, if the USA and Israel began to extend olive branches towards Iran, Iran would immediately smell a rat. Similarly, it is very odd for the political parties in the US to mutually bond over a topic shy of some national catastrophe taking place. This is exactly the type of snit that plays into a scenario whereby Iran assists in dealing with ISIS... kinda like the United States has always done in the Middle East, building our own problems and solutions (which later become another problem) as we go along.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

When are you going to figure out that there's only one party: the Corporate Uniparty?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Congress have the ability to defund the Immigration EO by passing a bill of their own? So maybe they should just do that?? Why is that so hard to do - isn't that their job?!?

Be upset that that the Immigration law will be funded, if you must, but remember the power is still in the hands of Congress to actually do something, which could easily annul the current laws that the right is upset about.

NO one has taken that power away from them, they have taken it away from themselves and blamed the President.

ETA - yes, there is Veto power, so that means they have to come up with something bi-partisan enough to get past his desk. Imagine that.

Oh.....Hell No!!!!! Are you out of your ever-loving mind? Do their job? Pass an actual immigration reform bill?

Right now, the GOP couldn't agree on one even if there was no such thing as democrats.

Wish I could have given you 10 stars for your post.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: xuenchen
His cute little memos might be declared illegal anyway.

We tried the "Depend on the courts to follow the law" strategy with Obamacare, Xuen... How'd that work out, again? The courts are just as corrupt as the godless leeches running the country, man.

Agreed, these fed judges are hand picked and appointed not on merit, but political issues.

GOP wants conservative judges, dems want lib judges.

None of these douche bags are appointed because they follow interpret and enforce the letter of the law.

It is so they can spin the wording according to the current party in power.

Though I like a more conservative take, they are just as bad as the libs.

Don't judiciate political expedience, judiciate the law, as written and intended, nothing more nothing less.

All 3 branch's are against us fully after the obamacare ruling by the scotus this is obvious to everyone with more than 2 active brain cells.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Congress have the ability to defund the Immigration EO by passing a bill of their own? So maybe they should just do that?? Why is that so hard to do - isn't that their job?!?

Be upset that that the Immigration law will be funded, if you must, but remember the power is still in the hands of Congress to actually do something, which could easily annul the current laws that the right is upset about.

NO one has taken that power away from them, they have taken it away from themselves and blamed the President.

ETA - yes, there is Veto power, so that means they have to come up with something bi-partisan enough to get past his desk. Imagine that.

There is nothing, Obama will veto any bill that defunds amnesty, the dems will vote down any attempt to override the veto.

There is nothing they can do unless they have a 2/3 majority.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Boehner could not lead a group of people down a one way street with signs posted every ten feet of which way to go.

Better plan would have written in the bill that the amnesty must be funded on a budget of one dollar and can not go over budget without immediate suspension of the program and a 30 year moratorium on being considered for budgeting again.

It completes the request yet is worthless. Obama can then veto, if it passed the Senate and discussion can end because Obama vetoed amnesty. Simple.

Wow...you would make one scary politician!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Erm, you do realise that Boehner is going to go down in history as the worst Speaker ever don't you? The man's an idiot. He cries at the drop of a hat, he's a hostage to multiple factions, some of which have no connection to reality, and he's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

edit on 4-3-2015 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

You ask too much, don't you know, politicians only care about themselves and their party, we plebs are way down the list, after what's for lunch, these shoe strings won't stay tied, and "damn I missed a paper was shot to the trash can".

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
Useless, yes.
Now, if it were a chocolate covered manhole cover...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick]

Wow...you would make one scary politician!!!

I have considered the presidency, the over/under is six months before assassination by members of Congress... but I would have a backup plan on that by having private meetings with known militia leaders during the campaign for just a contingency. Call it a spoil sport insurance policy.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Keep in mind that Obama would immediately rescind his executive actions on immigration if congress could actually pass an immigration bill, a bill that Boehner refused to bring up to a vote during the last congress because he knew it would pass.

Please stop being a hypocrite. You do not want what's best for the country because if you did then you would also be outraged at a foreign leader coming into our legislative chambers to try and coerse our nation into another endless and pointless war.

Let's be honest here this is all just a rant because you're mad the agenda you support isn't having much success, an agenda that is equally, if not more destructive to the country than immigration ever will.
edit on 3/4/2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

YES! That is exactly what I was saying!! *sigh*

The response is "yeah but he'll veto anything that isn't what he wants." That isn't necessarily true, but if someone thinks that uncompromising Last Stands and political head-locks are the only way to get anything done, well, we never will get anything done unless it is by EO, OR the entire Senate, House and Executive Branch are all magically on the same page.

Compromise is built into the system. Everybody wins something, everybody loses something and everyone hates the outcome to some degree but, meh, they can live with it, and Democracy trudges on. That is the work that needs to be done or we all lose.

But I guess unless one is speaking in an echo chamber, they cannot really be heard...

- AB
edit on 4-3-2015 by AboveBoard because: clarity

edit on 4-3-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Please stop being a hypocrite. You do not want what's best for the country because if you did then you would also be outraged at a foreign leader coming into our legislative chambers to try and coerse our nation into another endless and pointless war.

The foreign leader wasn't trying to rally the US for war, he was trying to get the US to not provide aid to an enemy. (If you take it at face value... I still believe the whole this was a sham played out openly to persuade Iran that Obama is their friend.) As to the rest, allow me to quote myself:

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

A rogue president blatantly violating the law. Allowing millions of undocumented, illegal aliens full rights and citizen honors without the standard protocols being followed. Releasing thousands more illegal aliens from prison, often with hardened records, in the process. Increasing the adult population in the United States by millions at a time when decent jobs are scarce as hell and the employed percentage of Americans is hovering near record lows.

Do any of these really seem "best for the country?"

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Boehner is the head of our Dictator Obama's fawning House of Representatives "lickspittle RINOs". May they rot in ...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Absolutely it was a scam, and most of the herds fell for it. Back to the hack in an empty suit Boehner though, he's a yes man. He holds his position because he's a hand picked and groomed RINO puppet. It would be impossible for him to be so gutless time and time again if that were not true. He's actually the worst, cause he smiles in our faces with a clinched knife behind his back.

I mean look at these clueless imbeciles controlling the GOP, they are actually going to nominate Jeb Bush! Talk about stuck on dumb dumb. That alone proves that they are bought and paid for stooges. The only other explanation would be that they are all doped up on meds. I mean if it wasn't for mentally ill lunatics like Pelosi and Reid making idiotic failures like Boehner look good, he would have lost his position as Speaker of the House long ago. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join