It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Ferguson Report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

As to the individual cases, no - not if they are trying to prove systemic discrimination...they only need to show and prove the pattern.

If your receipts show that you only ever buy chocolate ice cream, that's all I need to make a case that you like chocolate ice cream. Sure, I can interview you and you family but what's the point?
edit on 3/3/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Appreciate the answer and explanation. I'm done here.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

As to the individual cases, no - not if they are trying to prove systemic discrimination...they only need to show and prove the pattern.

If your receipts show that you only ever buy chocolate ice cream, that's all I need to make a case that you like chocolate ice cream. Sure, I can interview you and you family but what's the point?

The point might be that I am buying it for someone else and not myself.

(and I only mention it because when we go out to the place that has ice cream, my husband usually always goes to get it, and he always brings me chocolate that he never eats himself. :lol

edit on 3-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And that's why you would hire an attorney and blow a hole in my crappy investigation.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Assuming I can afford one. And that's the problem with the system isn't it?

If it wants to crucify me, it can.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: kosmicjack

Assuming I can afford one. And that's the problem with the system isn't it?

If it wants to crucify me, it can.

I hope most can agree on this point.
If you don't have the money to defend yours self, get ready to either plea out with a pub defender or hope they don't throw the book at ya.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, if it makes you feel better, most of my cases ended in "no probable cause"....

I might have been a PITA for a bit but I was only ever looking for facts/truth/equality, not to # up someone's life.

Now, I also had a few epic cases where I did not find anything in my initial investigation but, after being given the final investigative report, the gloating respondent made outright discriminatory comments about the complainant...or retaliated against the complainant and so totally screwed up their own lives.....

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I totally agree that "justice" can depend on your bank account and your ability to defend yourself...but that neither implies guilt or innocence.

Innocent poor people can go to jail and rich guilty people can get off.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

What you're wondering about has a name, it's called systemic racism or institutionalized racism... and it is rampant across the country, probably in every country that has a minority population actually. When examining this issue (how the percentages are reached) it's done by comparison. So for example, white teenager stopped by police for smoking a joint... cop arrests him but the prosecutor decides not to charge him... black teenager gets arrested for smoking a joint... prosecutor charges him and the black teen stands trial. White people get off easier or aren't ever stopped by a cop at all than minorities and if similar crimes are charged white people get off with probation far more often or nothing at all than minorities.

Why?

Cities, counties and states make money off of fines, court fees and virtually free labor (corporations too). Minorities are exploited for profit, if this happened to the degree it does to the majority, it would change quickly. The poor are exploited in this manner also but the minority poor have it the worst.

How is this allowed to happen?

Apathy in the form of racism. They musta deserved it. Just thugs anyway. You know how they are. They're more prone to violence than we are. It's their culture. Blah, blah, blah.
edit on 3/3/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Apathy in the form of racism. They musta deserved it. Just thugs anyway. You know how they are. They're more prone to violence than we are. It's their culture. Blah, blah, blah.

I can't imagine why people would think that way.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

And? How many video games graphically display murder where you are the murderer? How many TV shows glorify violence? Books, movies? The whole American culture embraces violence as entertainment, yet only gangsta rap is guilty of creating a violent culture?

Cmon dude...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join