It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

175 pound 18 month old Pit Bull..you gotta see this sweetheart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No, it is not a typo, this 18 month old 175 pound Pit Bull, is a loving, caring family dog. I have always been a dog lover, and used to have two pits myself. They really are not a bad, violent breed. They are just as lovable as any other dog. Anyway, have a look at this widdle guy...
edit on 3-3-2015 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's all in how you raise them. If you neglect them and keep them on a chain the majority of their life and don't interact with them, of course they will be unable to trust you. If you care for them and love them, they will do the same in return.

Dogs are no different from people, they are a product of their environments. If they live in an unloving ans hostile environment, they will be unloving and hostile as well.

Pitbulls are not a violent breed of dog, it is the owners that make them violent IMHO. Even a chihuahua will be violent if you raise them in that type of environment.

Anyways, that dog is huge, but it looks like a big teddy bear to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow! He looks like a Mastiff mix... How else would they get a pibble that big? He's a sweetie, though...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Wow! He looks like a Mastiff mix... How else would they get a pibble that big? He's a sweetie, though...

I think you are correct. English mastiffs are huge, and you can definitely see it in him. Beautiful dog.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

They're planning to sell his puppies, though, as pure pitbulls (and make a lot of money doing it). That's not cool if he's a mix. I have no problem with the dog, but I'm a little concerned about the owners... Were Hulk's parent's hips tested? I'd like to see his pedigree. Should they breed this dog? The puppies won't likely meet any standard or be able to show. So, I say no.

I don't know... I'm not crazy about breeding mixes.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Omg I want him!

I love pitbulls, kind and ambitious animals with the right master.

Beautiful dog, thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think pups from that are bad idea. How do you make sure they don't wind up in someone's dog fighting operation?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
He looks so proud when he tips 175 pounds!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I got sold a pitbull as a Staffordshire Bull Terrier (easy mistake to make). The police took her off me and murdered her

She was a very loving dog. Never once showed aggression, not even to another dog. But because they are illegal in England, her breed was an automatic death sentence. Pisses me off so much.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That's a big dog indeed, why did they feel they had to play camera tricks to make him appear bigger? He's big enough as it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow! He is huge. Beautiful thou.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Why can't we have a 175 pound house cat? Imagime the scratching post that thing would need?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Why can't we have a 175 pound house cat? Imagime the scratching post that thing would need?

I have a male Ragdoll who is pushing 20. THat's quite big enough.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yikes, that's more like a bear than a dog! LOL HUGE!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I agree. He's twice or more the size of an average pitter. Sadly, monstrous humans will start cross breeding to get pit bulls of that size. No good can come of this.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They're planning to sell his puppies, though, as pure pitbulls (and make a lot of money doing it). That's not cool if he's a mix. I have no problem with the dog, but I'm a little concerned about the owners... Were Hulk's parent's hips tested? I'd like to see his pedigree. Should they breed this dog? The puppies won't likely meet any standard or be able to show. So, I say no.

I don't know... I'm not crazy about breeding mixes.

FIgures. They're going to make money off the misery of animals. What a horrible fate awaits many of those puppies.

No, no one should breed dogs. There aren't enough good homes for the ones that exist.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I think pups from that are bad idea. How do you make sure they don't wind up in someone's dog fighting operation?

You can bet they will.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That's no dawg,that's a hoss. We're gonna need a bigger kennel.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
That is a pretty big dog either way. Not to sure about mix breeding pits to be that size and weight. I mean dogs are dogs and its more on the owner then the dog, but pits can get a bit more chewy and snappy if not trained or held on a tight leash. I used to have a pit, and she topped at 80 pounds I think.

But if she was 170, man taking her for walks would really be more of a strain on my hand, definetley need a more robust leash. At 80 pounds they got quite a pull on them when they decide to go or run somewhere and are pretty strong, at 170 may even have a bit of trouble trying to pick her up or even hold her on leash if the dog suddentely decided to chase some squirrels or something while walking at the park.

I dont know, but I assume that the dog is a mastiff mix. If so I hope the dog takes more to the mastiff leaning then pit, more mellow less energetic you know. In fact I got bit by one in January, still have some of the marks. But if that pit which bit me was 170 pounds, oh ya, it would definitely succeed in pulling me off the bicycle and to the ground, and then # would really get serious between me and the dog. Something that weight would really have much more pulling power and muscle behind it to do what it wants...It would be no joke.

What I am saying, dont know about people being to qualified to own a dog like that, if they start breeding pitbulls that big may need to institute a special permit and everything for it and people who own these type of dogs.

But it does look so cute on that scale though.

new topics

top topics

join