It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men - The Forgotten Gender

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This is a rather stunning and yet informative Video that i recommend everybody should watch. This Video talks about the other side of picture. The trouble men have to go through in a society which is devoid of any laws to protect them.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

She says that she never cared about men until recently.

If I said that I just started caring about women, what would you think about my comparative objectivity? My empathy? My capacity for logic?

While this is all true and most of us have known this, the obvious progression of any social justice campaign for men will simply result in a whole new set of distortable destructive laws which further encroach on individual liberty.

I would take her much more seriously if she said that the deprecation of the bad laws is what is needed.
edit on 3-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

If I said that I just started caring about women, what would you think about my comparative objectivity? My empathy? My capacity for logic?

Nothing, she simply wasn't aware of the scale of the problem in the society and hence wasn't too concerned.

While this is all true and most of us have known this, the obvious progression of any social justice campaign for men will simply result in a whole new set of distortable destructive laws which further encroach on individual liberty.

Then whats the solution, sit idle and do absolutely nothing about it ? IF someone files false charges that person should be punished for it. Its quiet simple.

I would take her much seriously if she said that the deprecation of the bad laws is what is needed.

She was saying that as well....

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

OK, just finished it completely and she does not call for the deprecation of bad laws.

Rather, she is asking for exactly what I gleaned from the first half of the presentation, more laws.

Listen to it again carefully.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I would take her much more seriously if she said that the deprecation of the bad laws is what is needed.

Im a firm believed that there should be a maximum number of laws.

Say ten thousand max.

If they want to make a new law, they must first get rid of an old one.

And none of that bs having 12 laws riding hidden in the one main law.

Nope.

One law, no more than 10 pages long, with nothing extra allowed, that is written in lay English, that can be easily understood by the average 6th grader. With the legal definition of all words being as defined in websters dictionary, not the modern bs "that depends on what your definition of the word is is" crap.

On topic....

It isn't just India, men get the shaft everywhere in the west.

Tell me, if the sexes are actually equal, why do women get to be "more equal" under the law in the US during divorce, domestic violence, child support and custody hearings...etc?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
India is so backward .. Dowries !!! We are living 2015 !

A woman dies every hour in India due to the demands placed upon her family as a result of the dowry system, according to figures from the country's National Crime Records Bureau.

This is an age old custom where the wife's family has to hand over endless amounts in cash and gifts at the wedding and beyond to secure her wellbeing.

It is illegal and the punishments are severe, but the number of cases is on the rise in a country that continues to grapple with the issue of violence against women.

Most of the victims of the dowry system die in the most painful way - burnt by their husband’s family.

Link

The Despicable Persistence of the Dowry in India

Washing machines, cars, money and jewelry: These are the costs to women’s families to marry them to 'suitable' men.
NEW DELHI — This April, Guruswamy, a 52-year-old platform cleaner with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, had finally found a caste-appropriate match for his 16-year-old daughter Pankaja. But the week before the wedding, he was asked to send a colour television, washing machine and new motorcycle to the groom’s family in South India. After grueling 20-hour shifts cleaning cars and working on the Metro’s platforms through the summer, he has managed to make only enough for a washing machine. “It will be a while before I have enough to send everything by train,” he said. “I pray every day that they shouldn’t find someone else for their son to marry. No one else from the village in Chennai will marry her if this family rejects her.”

Link
Dowries- business, human trafficking

Why this thread ? Why should we feel sorry for the male gender when they are buying Brides? Every hour a woman dies due this system.. not to mention rapes and domestic violence in general and human value which seems to be almost non existant for girl gender other than value in money.

The system is backward and it's so hard for India to step into this century where arranged marriages are not IN.

What is this thread about really ?
Why it´s so hard to skip old traditions ? Dowries are also a way to keep caste system on and alive.
edit on 3-3-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Today's men, would not survive the times of old. Men have become passified, weak, careless, disrespectful, full of ideas and opinions, loss of heart and care (especially of women).

The "men"I see coming up in yhe world today, are polar opposite of what a man has always resembled.

The future is up to the women me thinks, lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
India is so backward .. Dowries !!! We are living 2015 !

A woman dies every hour in India due to the demands placed upon her family as a result of the dowry system, according to figures from the country's National Crime Records Bureau.

This is an age old custom where the wife's family has to hand over endless amounts in cash and gifts at the wedding and beyond to secure her wellbeing.

It is illegal and the punishments are severe, but the number of cases is on the rise in a country that continues to grapple with the issue of violence against women.

Most of the victims of the dowry system die in the most painful way - burnt by their husband’s family.

Link

The Despicable Persistence of the Dowry in India

Washing machines, cars, money and jewelry: These are the costs to women’s families to marry them to 'suitable' men.
NEW DELHI — This April, Guruswamy, a 52-year-old platform cleaner with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, had finally found a caste-appropriate match for his 16-year-old daughter Pankaja. But the week before the wedding, he was asked to send a colour television, washing machine and new motorcycle to the groom’s family in South India. After grueling 20-hour shifts cleaning cars and working on the Metro’s platforms through the summer, he has managed to make only enough for a washing machine. “It will be a while before I have enough to send everything by train,” he said. “I pray every day that they shouldn’t find someone else for their son to marry. No one else from the village in Chennai will marry her if this family rejects her.”

Link
Dowries- business, human trafficking

Why this thread ? Why should we feel sorry for the male gender when they are buying Brides? Every hour a woman dies due this system.. not to mention rapes and domestic violence in general and human value which seems to be almost non existant for girl gender other than value in money.

The system is backward and it's so hard for India to step into this century where arranged marriages are not IN.

What is this thread about really ?
Why it´s so hard to skip old traditions ? Dowries are also a way to keep caste system on and alive.

Yeah, this thread is about the reality feminists and other morons find it too hard to understand. The fact that Women are abusing men is very much a reality.

Did you even watch the video or do the necessary research ? Are you another one of those fools out there which get their daily news from the MSM ? Do you even know the reality of how bad it is ?

ibnlive.in.com...

www.bbc.com...

I could give you tons of links but the Video itself disproves the nonsense you have written. The above comment is a living example of how a person living half way across the continent can be brainwashed to believe something they have not experienced. Truth is... You don't know Jack# about caste system or Dowry or Rapes. Besides you people are so busy pointing fingers at others while your own house burns down around you...

edit on 3-3-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Today's men, would not survive the times of old. Men have become passified, weak, careless, disrespectful, full of ideas and opinions, loss of heart and care (especially of women).

The "men"I see coming up in yhe world today, are polar opposite of what a man has always resembled.

The future is up to the women me thinks, lol.

I agree but I think that the cause is a chemical imbalance caused by a staple food. Its become so insidious that no body seems to have noticed Male sperm counts are 50% of what they were a few years back. Men are far more effeminate, than they were a few years back. Gay preference has increased dramatically over the last few years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out, that the cause for this is oestrogen. The day it was decided to milk pregnant cows, and put it into the food chain, the normal oestrogen content in dairy went up thirty times. This effect can be seen in the acceleration of females sexual maturity. It downside is the delaying of the males. Of course this will have an immense social impact. Which it has. www.health101.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

No need for personal attacks Maddy !
Its estimated that in last 30 years India has killed more than 10 millions girls just because of their gender ( UNICEF report ) some aborted and some right after their birth.

Sex ratio Girls/boys difference in India is right after China demographics.

An example is Uttar Pradesh where, according to some reports, over 1,500,000 unborn girls are killed every year. Incidentally, ultrasound and in vitro fertilisation centres have doubled in the state – from about 400 in 2001 to over 4,000 in 2010. Two laws that prohibit the sex selection of a foetus in India are the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act (MTP), 1971, amended in 2002, and the Prenatal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994, amended in 2002. The former prohibits abortion except only in certain medically necessary situations, while the latter prohibits the sex selection of a foetus with a view towards aborting it.

Link

Just tell me how many males take their own lives due dowry claims and how many females have been killed in one hour ratio in a year/month.. do some calculations !

Its the system which keeps failing, keeping dowry and caste system alive even those are illegal ( dowry system illegal since 1961.. Still alive and kicking tradition) Most of the people in India are breaking the law.. regardless.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yet another woman-bashing ATS thread. Is there ever a time when at least one such thread isn't running?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

OK so that's in India. What about America where we have drugged out a generation of our little boys because their teachers expect them to essentially behave exactly like little girls in the classroom and if they don't, they must have a behavioral disorder like ADD or ADHD?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine
I thought it was a man problem thread not a woman bashing thread. I guess the title of the op holds true.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

No need for personal attacks Maddy !
Its estimated that in last 30 years India has killed more than 10 millions girls just because of their gender ( UNICEF report ) some aborted and some right after their birth.

Sex ratio Girls/boys difference in India is right after China demographics.

An example is Uttar Pradesh where, according to some reports, over 1,500,000 unborn girls are killed every year. Incidentally, ultrasound and in vitro fertilisation centres have doubled in the state – from about 400 in 2001 to over 4,000 in 2010. Two laws that prohibit the sex selection of a foetus in India are the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act (MTP), 1971, amended in 2002, and the Prenatal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994, amended in 2002. The former prohibits abortion except only in certain medically necessary situations, while the latter prohibits the sex selection of a foetus with a view towards aborting it.

Link

Just tell me how many males take their own lives due dowry claims and how many females have been killed in one hour ratio in a year/month.. do some calculations !

Its the system which keeps failing, keeping dowry and caste system alive even those are illegal ( dowry system illegal since 1961.. Still alive and kicking tradition) Most of the people in India are breaking the law.. regardless.

Not personally attacking, telling you the absolute truth. THE MSM seems to have successfully brainwashed this generation. We are not talking about Girls, India is far more safer to be a girl than in Europe or America were the Conviction rates are extremely low and per capita Rapes( per 100000 ) are higher than even in India. Yea I know what your thinking , how can you elevated white knights be worse than India because for some reason you find your self on the ivory tower targeting another country stereotyping and generlizing and completely forget the problems in your own country. Constantly mouthing of on one side of the story and entirely ignoring the other side is what feminists are good at. Not to mention you add your own twist to the whole thing by claiming "most" break the system.

Constantly blaimg Males and taking blame away from females for abusing Husbands and men for personal profit is absolutly Ridicules. There is no difference between a Rapist and a person who completly ignores the problems that an entire gender faces just because you don't like hearing it. Both equally lack Empathy. Its Rather disgusting that you try to Justify this Behavior with your vitriol.

The best part of the whole thing is you have not spoken one word in condemnation of these women who abuse the laws which are meant to protect them.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
Yet another woman-bashing ATS thread. Is there ever a time when at least one such thread isn't running?

Its the truth, learn to accept it. I don't get why women find it so hard to accept their own faults while they gleefully target men on literally everything.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I like your effort Maddy, and I do think you have a point and there should be some dialogue about it. I think both sexes should take a hard look at themselves for a variety of reasons. S & F.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
the only law that needs to exist is to say men do not need any laws to handle problems between themselves. Let us fight in peace (isnt that a hilarious oxymoron), and kill or die between each other without a badge or a gun. Just make sure supper is ready when I get home

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
the only law that needs to exist is to say men do not need any laws to handle problems between themselves. Let us fight in peace (isnt that a hilarious oxymoron), and kill or die between each other without a badge or a gun. Just make sure supper is ready when I get home

No, you're right, we should assign the monopoly power of the use of deadly force to a vast and unaccountable bureaucracy with a long history of corruption.

I'm sure it'll be fine.
edit on 4-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Constantly blaimg Males and taking blame away from females for abusing Husbands and men for personal profit is absolutly Ridicules.

This sentence here sounds pretty ridiculous. Abusing husbands for personal profit ??? Where the hell do you live ???

As far as spousal abuse...it's the women that get the stick.

On an off chance that you have been abused by a female...to that...I say...at least you have the power to resist...which is far more most abused women can say.

...and dolluka's stats are spot on...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join