It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help identifying apparition in sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hello, just before sunset I was checking out the sunset, which was beautiful, this is how this thing caught my eye.
It did not move fast like an asteroid, it moved in a strange manner, with the dot coming from the "tail" and then multiplying / morphing . It was far away from my vantage point, I cannot estimate the actual distance.
It did not move fast, nor slow.

These images have been cropped and enhanced for better viewing of the phenomenon.
If needed, I can upload original ones.
Camera&lens: Canon EOS7D with 70-200mm f 2.8 Tamron, handheld

postimg.org...
edit on 3-3-2015 by testradio because: Thumbnails did not work, posted link to gallery instead

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: testradio

Contrail backlit by the setting sun.
edit on 3-3-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Did you look at all the images? Doesn t look like that to me, and I saw the motion in which it appeared and dissapeared and moved, no contrail I`ve ever seen in my 30 years of life moved like that...

Also, the object itself does not look like any airplane I have ever seen. I also took photos of airplanes in these lighting conditions a while ago, at about the same "visual apparent distance", they did not look anything like what is in these images. At this focal sharpness level you can distinguish an airplane from anything else.
edit on 3-3-2015 by testradio because: Forgot to add last paragraph

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

My first thought too.

Setting sun can play some cool tricks with aircraft.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Possibly a meteorite entering the atmosphere? How long between the first and last photos?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WonOunce

1 minute

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: testradio

Did you look at all the images? Doesn t look like that to me, and I saw the motion in which it appeared and dissapeared and moved, no contrail I`ve ever seen in my 30 years of life moved like that...

Also, the object itself does not look like any airplane I have ever seen. I also took photos of airplanes in these lighting conditions a while ago, at about the same "visual apparent distance", they did not look anything like what is in these images. At this focal sharpness level you can distinguish an airplane from anything else.

You can't actually see the airplane, and as the sun sets the contrail will fade until gone [notice how the sky darkens over time].

I work next to O'Hare airport in Chicago and my morning commute takes me into the sunrise and my evening commute into the sunset. I see this sort of thing every day there is a relatively clear sky. Depending on the flight paths some pretty bizarre shapes can be produced.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
dbl post

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I have seen a near identical version of your picture (object) at sunrise though,it was in the 3oclock position in relation to the sun,the same goes for others out there too..interesting!This maybe a capture of one of 'its' personas.

It is showing on the SOHO/LASCO images as well.

Could be our Planet X system?

edit on 3-3-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I see, it does make sense, the only thing i find weird is the motion it had, that was unnatural
Also that sequence was captured in 1 minute, isn t that kind of quick for contrail shape shifting?

a reply to: EndOfDays77
How long did the phenomenon you saw last?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I see, it does make sense, the only thing i find weird is the motion it had, that was unnatural
Also that sequence was captured in 1 minute, isn t that kind of quick for contrail shape shifting?

Not really. It's more a matter of the backlight changing than the contrail. You caught it just as the sun was dropping behind the horizon.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I agree with the above observation that it's a contrail lit by the setting sun. The rapidity of change is likely due to the sun moving out of sight and the contrail moving due to high altitude wind.

Nice camera.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Could be our Planet X system?

Nope.

top topics

join