It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halifax Mall and Local Schools Under Lock Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Psynic
Nobody's going off half cocked here. The media is milking this for all it's worth.

Wait for some facts, wait for some evidence, speculating on ATS just embarrasses us all.

You deserve to be.

The National news reports an ISIS "THREAT" to a mall one week.

A Valentines day Massacre conspiracy targeting a Halifax mall the next.

And now reports another unnamed "THREAT" at another mall in the same town.

And you make ridiculous apologist explanations for why we aren't being played.

"The house being surrounded might not even be related to the mall incident",

You should be very embarrassed.

edit on -06:0001153492015-03-03T12:49:01-06:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Okay where were the Trailer Park Boys and I wonder if they have an alibi.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If I let my brain go alarmist mode and think terrorist every time a story like this came around....they win. The powers that be,the media,and most of all the idiot off his meds sitting in his underwear who thought it would be cool to be a copycat and call in a threat to get a day off work at his crappy mall job. I would bet that over a terrorist plot. Yes,it does happen... But so do idiots make prank calls.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
If I let my brain go alarmist mode and think terrorist every time a story like this came around....they win.

I don't know where you are but in this country Mall Massacres are the exception as are ISIS videos in which a call is put forth to attack malls in Canada.

We were warned three weeks ago that our malls were "threatened" by Al-Shabaab.

Today the news reports a "Threat" at a Halifax mall.

In the interim someone was shot dead and an American woman and Canadian man arrested for planning a massacre at another Halifax Mall.

Underlying these events is an ongoing debate on sweeping changes to freedom of speech in the form of Bill-51 which is being touted as law to fight terrorism by controlling what "they" are allowed to post on-line.

There is a major propaganda war currently being waged against the truth in this country and it utilizes scare tactics to distract and misinform the public.

The same day Bill-51 hit the news, a story the MSM had been sitting on for weeks about a mysterious hole in the ground was released and billed as a "Terrorist Tunnel to Attack the PanAm Games".

Turned out to be a total red herring, two guys digging a "man cave" is what we're told, but it served it's purpose, it kept the people diverted as Harper pushed through his proposal to give the government the power to censor the internet.

The events in Halifax are also being used to create an atmosphere of fear to further aid Bill-51 in it's passing.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

OP, you're implying that there was in-fact a terrorist attack.
-
They are only investigating a potential 'threat'.
_____

Maybe others are simply taking you out of context...
However you're original post speculates an actual attack has taken place.
_____

don't be so defensive, ayy?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Actually it's in Dartmouth. Across the bridges from Halifax. My hometown. Don't be calling "terrorism" yet. Dartmouth is a nasty town.

It was big news last week when it was reported ISIS was targeting the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta,

This news item is being played off the outstanding situation here.

TERRORISM is definitely being implied.

I have friends in Dartmouth.

Terrorism? In Dartmouth? Is harpernista and CSIS going to be there?

Interesting though, I didn't know CSIS had an ISIS division to make threats and maybe carry them out (I guess they are following the FBI playbook). I wonder if CSIS uses homegrown muslim fanatics or if they simply import them? Inquiring minds want to know ;-) I'd send an FOIA request, but I know how that turns out LOL. Bin' there dun that.

"We neither confirm nor deny that we have the information you requested under section 16(1) and 16(2), further under (blah blah blah) statutes, if we did have such information, we wouldn't have to say sh*t, even if our mouths were full of it cause we're special."

Yeah, short bus special, they couldn't find Russell Williams raping and murdering while running CFB Trenton or flying harpernista and the queen around right under their collective noses, but they sure can find a threat here and there when it's convenient and the alleged perp isn't part of their "assclown club."

Uh huh, excuse my skepticism about their abilities, their motives and their agenda.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I LIVE in Halifax,thanks. Very aware of threats made,and bills trying to be passed. Fact is, in this country more likely to be killed by a moose or a cop. Not going to scare me with claims of terrorism .
edit on 3-3-2015 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I LIVE in Halifax,thanks. Very aware of threats made,and bills trying to be past. Fact is, in this country more likely to be killed by a moose or a cop. Not going to scare me with claims of terrorism .

The only thing to fear is HPD.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I LIVE in Halifax,thanks. Very aware of threats made,and bills trying to be passed. Fact is, in this country more likely to be killed by a moose or a cop. Not going to scare me with claims of terrorism .

I'm not the one trying to scare you with claims of terrorism.

It was the MSM that reported the threat by ISIS and it is the MSM that is suggesting todays events are that same threat, materialized.

The reason is to take away your rights to freedom of speech.

Bill-51 proposes internet censorship to fight terrorism.

Today's "threat", their words, not mine, are designed to give the impression we need internet censorship.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

And as I said in my first post, if I believe it...they win. You are regurgitating it ,so what side are you on?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

There is no free speech in Canada. No 1st Amendment. Ask anyone that's dealt with a Human Rights Tribunal.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Fact is, in this country more likely to be killed by a moose or a cop. Not going to scare me with claims of terrorism .

In the Metro area I think that the cops are a better bet than a moose. This is HPD after all. They could teach NYPD or LAPD on nasty ways. You're never going to be a martyr down home. You just disappear. NS is a different puppy.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There is no free speech in Canada. No 1st Amendment. Ask anyone that's dealt with a Human Rights Tribunal.

There is no Bill-51 either.

But there will be soon.

And then the government will be able to decide what's allowed to be posted on-line.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

But there will be soon.

And then the government will be able to decide what's allowed to be posted on-line.

They better hurry then because Harper's days are down to months. November is coming. This crap doesn't play in Canada. When's the last time you saw a Conservative attack ad? They figured out Canadians don't fall for that crap. Sun News.... bye, bye. Canadians don't play that crap. And Canadians won't fall for weak assed terrorist assumptions.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

But there will be soon.

When's the last time you saw a Conservative attack ad? They figured out Canadians don't fall for that crap.

The only ads I've seen from the PCs ARE attack ads.

Stuff about Trudeau not being qualified to run a government.

They've got a whole series of them.

How could you NOT know that???

Is reductio ad absurdum a style of yours?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

But there will be soon.

When's the last time you saw a Conservative attack ad? They figured out Canadians don't fall for that crap.

But not for a LONG time. They backfired.

Is attacking a person with a differing opinion one of yours? That's rhetorical.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

But there will be soon.

But not for a LONG time. They backfired.

You can't be serious!

They're currently being aired!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

But there will be soon.

Is attacking a person with a differing opinion one of yours?

I did not "attack" you and that you, as a moderator, should accuse me of such is reprehensible.

I merely asked if the falseness of your statements was a tactic.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

But there will be soon.

Is attacking a person with a differing opinion one of yours?

I did not "attack" you and that you, as a moderator, should accuse me of such is reprehensible.

See below:

I merely asked if the falseness of your statements was a tactic.

Falseness? Yes, that's an attack. Secondly, it might be a good idea to understand an area before making assumptions about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well for the second time in two weeks two men and a woman have been arrested for making threats against Malls in Halifax/Dartmouth.

Well almost, one of the men wasn't actually arrested, but found dead.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

This news report specifically states that a threat was made "To the Mall".

Not "a hoax, or a robbery or a random shooting by a pimply face teenager with too many hormones".

The semantics whether an attack directed "to a mall" is a terrorist action is irrelevant to the purpose of this as a news event.

Whether you were a skeered or not, todays little drama was enough of a 'Terrorist Event' to promote the need for and the passing of Bill-51.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join