It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princess Skull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My latest "primitive" art project. I am not sure what gender the bobcat was but for me she looks like a little princess. I wanted to crown her with something beautiful. I feel bad that she died so young, run over by a car, but I wanted to honor her precious life. The hourglass symbol represents "As above, so below." The circles represent the four elements: earth, wind, fire, and water. I used ground turquoise to paint her as well.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: Add

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nice work eagle!

Looks reminiscent of Egyptian Art...

Very nice.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The symbols are Native American but the design certainly lends itself toward Egyptian form.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

No problem eagle, it's a pleasure.

I can definitely see the Native influence, now you say it.

Excellent!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think this is beautiful.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's a beautiful and very creative original piece of work!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to comment. This is my first attempt and I had to develop it as I went along. I am not currently a hunter but would if I had to be. However, I would never shoot a bobcat. As many of you know I am part Lakota Sioux and I esteem my animal brothers and sisters.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Very nice work GreyEagle!

It gives me an Aztec or Native American vibe. Do you have a mannequin head? I bet you could create stunning head dress jewelry.

CdT

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I just had my 67th birthday March 9th and I feel like a school kid just learning to drive. I am so excited to be creating and yet frustrated by not having enough time to do all the projects I want to do. It would be fun creating a head dress! So don't be surprised if you see me post one in the future.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Well, I just finished her. She is now safely ensconced in her plexiglass display case. I used her claws to form two spirals around cabochons of turquoise .

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ummm...Thank you...You honor us all when you honor her in such a manner...In whatever iteration of her lives she takes going forward...I feel that she will always know that connection...that kinship you bestowed upon her...

As above...so below...no more fitting than that my friend...masterfully done...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Grayeagle this is a beautiful thing you have done. You have honored this cat and I believe its spirit will be with you now.

new topics

top topics

join