posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:06 PM
a reply to: WCmutant
WOW, you get the prize for the most detailed series of questions to chew on. Let me try to respond.
1. Even if you disregard the Chariot of the Gods group that sees an alien everywhere, there still are some historical anomalies. I don't understand
statistically while we think aliens would happy by our part of the universe now rather than earlier in our history. There have been so many reports in
the distant past as well as presently that I think there is some fire behind all the smoke. As far as getting off this planet, there are all kinds of
theories about why we're here with no alien contact as of yet --the Zoo theory, the quarantine theory, the experiment theory, etc, even the Prime
2. It certainly is true what Reagan said --it would take an outside threat to bring everyone together. I'm more inclined, though, to think that a
government that had made contact would keep it a secret because of the reaction of other governments.
3. My theory is that we are being manipulated towards accepting extraterrestrials in the same way that mass media made being gay acceptable. It took
around 50 years for the public's attitude to change about homosexuality, but movies certainly helped.
4. I don't know much about the Rockefeller Initiative or Project Starlight, although it's tough to browse through the web looking at ET articles
without running into ads.
5. I agree with you about private ownership when it comes to a hindrance. Remember all the stories of auto companies buying up promising alternative
technology? In Southern California the auto companies bought up the right of way and pulled out the tracks for a great system of transportation in
order to force people to buy and drive cars. I mourn the fact that we no longer have a Bell Labs where scientists did pure research. I'm particularly
worried about technology in the medical field. There's a real threat that companies applying for patents on genes might make treatment so expensive
that only the very rich could pay for targeted genetic cures.