It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Futurist Dr. Stan Schatt --Ask Me Anything!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder
I would concur that we likely are not alone.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86
It makes sense that this particular fuel is needed where solar energy isn't available or sufficient to power the probes. I understand NASA is talking about making more because they're running out.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage
Great question --- It would have to be a movie where what we think is futuristic would be taken for granted as normal. The Matt Damon movie from a year or so ago, Elysium, showed an earth with a wide gap between the haves and have nots as well as a deteriorating environment. It's scary but a distinct possibility if things proceed as they're going.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hello.
For years we have been thinking Jetpacks are just around the corner.
When will this happen!?.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Well, join the military. I believe they now have that kind of equipment. :-) Could you imagine the number of deaths if anyone could buy himself or herself a jetpack and zip along? I am writing a novel now that required me to do research on the physics behind teleportation. I'm more inclined to vote in favor of that technology even though it's not going to happen for quite a while if ever.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: StanSchatt
It makes sense that this particular fuel is needed where solar energy isn't available or sufficient to power the probes. I understand NASA is talking about making more because they're running out.

I'm on the line that any intelligent species on other planetary systems, would be very upset if another alien species would send a plutonium laden probe to there home planet.

I'm a fusion power advocate myself --- and I believe that plutonium laden space probes are an obsolete and dangerous form of space travel --- given the nature of alien foofighter sightings in our atmosphere, which harken to the fact that they [ET alien species] have harnessed fusion power and possible photon propulsion, that propels there starcraft into the superluminal realm; for a shot at interstellar space travel.

Cheers,

Erno

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StanSchatt
I always thought the movie "Soylent Green" was a sad but very possible future. Elysium just seemed like a brighter theme of class differation.

There was a breakthrough a while back that used a yeast base that was merged with human DNA to create a high protein food source. Do you think we could overcome the human DNA factor to make this a viable food source for emergency situations?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well, that's an interesting perspective. It certainly shows how backward we are-- kind of like a probe landing here on earth powered by a series of bombs with one still waiting to explode.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
My friends and I were just talking about Soylent Green. In a way it also was about class differentiation. I'm not sure about the protein food source. Of course any food we create for emergencies is going to run into opposition based on the fact it was genetically modified.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I already had one question, but I just thought of something considering your degree in literature:
What do you think when you look at the whole corpus of mythology mankind shares? If you just would look at it as a byproduct of cultural evolution? Isn't it kind of amazing how we transport some stories throughout our entire history? There is so much mythological sound in and between the lines of "good" science fiction, horror, you know the interesting stories.
My personal favourite is the idea of the missing link in human physiological evoltion might be a hint towards interbreeding with some other line of DNA.
Because you mentioned a Gaian hivemind somewhere before, wouldn't it be awesome if our mythology and David Sereda would be right and we would already have that, but are unaware of it? Also you as a writer must know the inspired feeling you get when something you write just works and the more yo think about it after you wrote it, the more layers you notice are embeded and it works on every one of them. Don't you agree this could be the manifested output of our undiscovered hivemind?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hi Stan,
what type of tech would you personally like to see evolve in the future.

I always remember being at Kodak labs about 15yrs ago and seeing the LCD paint.
This has never been released and I always wonder if the military are using it for camouflage.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

We've all seen the videos of reputable speakers that are making claims that there are no real alien species that we are dealing with, rather the government is setting us up for a fake alien assault, where the government will be using hidden technologies/black projects to trick us into joining all of the countries of the world to form the NWO.
This of course, would be a ruse to bring us all under one rule, with the common bond of "us vs. them" (Human's vs. Aliens), thus securing the victory of a one world leader....what the International Bankers have been trying to accomplish since their father Mayer Amschel took over the banks. My question is...is there any credence to this, and if so about what time should we expect this to happen?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Hello.
For years we have been thinking Jetpacks are just around the corner.
When will this happen!?.

Jet Packs have existed for quite awhile. They are just no available to the public because one would have to have a pilots license to fly the skies from point A to point B. We have not even mastered cars yet. The government probably doesn't want thousands of people flying through the air, while they are trying to track every plane for terrorist threats or whatever other reasons. They would never let us fly freely through the skies until they had 100% accountability/control of the skies.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: For Truth

Thank you for taking the time to answer my, and others', questions.

I think I may not have been clear in my earlier question. I meant that the Star Gate would destroy say the person or device that went through it at Gate A, and recreate it at Gate B. It has been a while since I read that book, and it isn't handy at the moment, so I don't remember the technology described for it, but I think it was relatively in-depth.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hi Stan,

You said that you had to research the science behind teleportation.

Do you perceive a limt in distance over which an object/ living being could be teleported?
And (more importantly for me); what do you consider the "condition" of a living being to be in? On a philosophical-type level? I mean, as one would be disassembled into infinitly tiny particles, surely one is momentarily dead? Totally disintegrated? So the end reult of the process- are they "themselves" or a clone version of themselves?

I ask this as I think, maybe a better way would be to somehow "warp" a person- i.e. they remain still and space is bent around them...they are point a, their destination is point b and somehow the two points are folded into one; allowing a person to step from a to b. No need for disassembley! If that's even possible!!
Thanks.

Seeker7

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Hey Stan,
Nice to have you here. When do you think humanity will reverse engineer and figure out Consciousness itself, and what do you think the implications for that are?

I personally believe in the ORCH-OR theory and that Neurons combined basically create a consciousness transistor and that consciousness is non-local, but each individual is a transistor that takes from the cloud of consciousness to create limited individual units of experience(rs)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We'd like to thank Dr. Schatt for his AWESOME participation in the AMA. It's been one of the most interesting I've read in a long while.

This concludes the AMA but we have invited Dr. Schatt to pop in any time he has something he wants to share with us, his account will remain open and available to him in perpetuity.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join