It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Futurist Dr. Stan Schatt --Ask Me Anything!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StanSchatt

A lot of these are up near the top of my list along with Phobos anomalies (hollow, malfunctioning probes, weird last photo, etc), Sumerian historical beliefs, Locations of Pyramids, etc. The list is honestly growing to the point it's no longer sounding in the least bit crazy but rather overflowing with evidence. Thank you for mentioning the Indian Vedas as it's something I had not researched yet but surely will now.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hi,
In your capacity as a futurist, which fortune 500 companies did you sell your services to?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: StanSchatt
a reply to: gosseyn As far as 3D printing goes, I have a timeline in the book. My experience has always been that it takes far longer for a technology to mature than most people think. People who invested in companies like 3D Print and Stsratasys have lost money. Eventually the market will mature. I think HP's entry will really spur businesses to start using 3D printing. One limitation right now is that companies like 3D and HP want to control the media used for printing and force customers to only buy from them much the say way HP wants only HP ink used in its printers. That kind of approach will slow the market.

The problem with a post scarcity world is how to get there when the gap between the haves and have-nots keeps widening. Even if we wound up with a bloody revolution, I'm not sure the have-nots would win, and then things would get even worse.

Let's assume someone comes up with a new technology for virtually free energy and makes it available to everyone. Something like that would shake corporations to their core and start to close the gap between rich and poor. Similarly, what if people could use 3D printers to "print" their own foodstuffs as well as medicine?

I think education and information is key. It will happen when it will become obvious to the general public that there are solid alternatives. I think that when a sound idea enters the mind, it never gets out. Growing unemployment will also play a big role. I don't think the lost jobs will come back, I think to the contrary that it will become worse and worse to the point where we are forced to rethink the whole system. Unfortunately, humans tend to move their behind only when confronted with an immediate danger. We have today fully automated factories with very little human work needed, I have seen recently a farm with 1500 cows, fully automated, with one guy behind a computer managing it. The question is : where are all the benefits of this incredible productivity going ? We all know the answer.

As for people being able to print their food and medicine, yes exactly. Do you think it will happen, and if yes is it going in your opinion to be a revolution in manufacturing ? I think yes, and it will put even more people out of work, but that is how it goes and we shouldn't refrain from pursuing a great progress just to maintain an obsolete social system and order. It is a bit the same with "online piracy", it is an example where technology has shown us that the system is obsolete, and also an example showing that big corporations are ready to fight to maintain an obsolete social system just for their profit. Some even say that the recent laws like sopa pipa etc, are laws not meant for today, but for tomorrow when files to be 3D printed will be the most exchanged software on the internet..

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hi Dr. Schatt I have two questions.

1. I feel that the population growth models are antiquated in we will most likely never see 10 billion people on this planet due to the changes in what cultures view as families and what has changed as life priorities. When we look at Europe, Japan and a few other countries we are seeing a decline in population, mainly because of the cost of children, the less economic need for them (free labor), and what we considered as a traditional family is rapidly changing to not to include children. I only see this as spreading to other nations as they also take on these more modern ideals. What do you think?

2. With the explosion of social media we have seen a huge popularity of it across the planet. We are now seeing that social media is not all what many thought it would be and in many cases has become detrimental to their careers and life in general. We also have seen how being really connected is not good either with the hacking of accounts and personal information. Due to all this I feel that in the near future it will become popular (the next craze) to drop off the grid and remove oneself as far as possible from the internet and electronic communications of any kind. How do you view this?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa
I probably know less than you do about this. I'm aware of the successful testing of Orion. I wonder about what's going on now that it's gone black. It could be anything from a secret weapons program to an attempt to deal with the aliens on the Moon. I honestly don't know. There have been rumors for years about a treaty with aliens that wasn't renewed. I tend to sympathize with the alien race that promised us all kinds of spiritual benefits if we did away with nuclear weapons. Of course, we declined.

First le tme thank you for your views on the subject. the following is what i have gleaned in my study of these subjects.

Well according to some people that are no longer here the"aliens" are not really aliens if you know what i mean. Greys especially are place memories to cover up experimentation done by the government and the break aways. Now they do exist,but until the break aways leave around 2036 you wont be seeing them really.

Yes. our leaders will not allow their power to come into question so they have repeatedly denied request by the break aways to enlighten us all. under threat of nuclear holocaust to keep their control over their populations. We are essentially hostages to TPTB.

As for ORION. it was used as a protype vehicle for more advanced versions. one version of it went beyond the solar system i am told.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Welcome Mr. Stan Schatt,

the ATS folks take their chance, there are many of interesting questions.
There is no hurry to answer my question but I would be very glad for an answer:

If an E.T. claims to have a double double helix, quadruple DNA, how likely this could be true and logic?

Thanks in advance
lotusaugen

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tastyrawmeat

I don't anymore, but I did --most of the largest technology companies. I focused on communications, networking, green technology, wireless, wireless medical applications, so you can probably come up with a list.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lotusaugen
See Robert Sawyer's Rollback for an example of an alien with far denser DNA. Is it possible? I would think that a much older race would have evolved further which might require additional coding.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

a reply to: SpaceOverlord I believe very much that the Singularity is coming just as I believe very much that disclosure is coming. Are the two interconnected? The only way I could see that is if the Singularity represented a key stage in a race's evolution and one that represented a graduation of sorts. In that case, the aliens might invite themselves to our commencement and maybe even make a speech welcoming us.

Would an alien first contact change our march toward the singularity? Hmmm. What if the alien race we meet is far advanced spiritually and points us in that direction rather than toward the physical?

I guess it would depend on what society those aliens have, and of that we can only guess. But given existing knowledge on the ET coverup, do you think the government is hiding any technology that would change the course of the singularity? Either by accelorating it or making it irrelevant?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hello Stan Schatt

Are you aware of The Venus Project or The Zeitgest Movement ?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
1. Historically size of families have declined with greater affluence, so if conditions improve in the 3rd world, we could see that happen. Here in the US it seems to be a status symbol for affluent families to have more kids lately--- Kind of like buying the largest available SUV and flaunting their wealth.

2. Fascinating-- I predicted a few years ago that hotels and resorts would offer "dead zone" retreats as a way of enticing overworked people who needed time away.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cyruay
Yes --what you're referring to goes hand in hand with what an earlier commenter said when he advocated a world where we live not as consumers so much but in harmony with the world and its resources.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn
I agree with what you're saying about 3D printers-- still probably 10-20 years before everything is available via 3D printing. It will create home manufacturing centers as well as pickup stations and places where you can manufacture your customized items if you don't want to do it at home.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Thank you for the quick answer. This is my opinion too. I don't know Robert Sawyer's Rollback yet. Now I have something I can go further with exploring. I am locking forward reading your book "Extraterrestrial First Contact".

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceOverlord
No one I know has suggested that any alien contact has been with automatons, so any disclosure probably would not speed up the Singularity. If we ever partnered with a race rumored to be on a ore spiritual plane, then maybe it would slow down our movement toward the singularity.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Dr. Schatt: Maybe you can help me. I have been communicating with what I believe to be good aliens for the past twelve years. They speak to me in my mind. They have me paint paintings for people. Most of the people I do not even know. The paintings are something about the person that I would have know way of knowing.

For example I met a woman at a Christmas party briefly. The following morning the aliens had me paint a painting of her doing yoga in the lotus position, naked. I called my friend who had the party to get the woman's number and told her of the painting. She told me that it could not be for that woman because she was too conservative and she did not think she even did yoga. I told her the aliens were adamant that it was for her. She gave me her number.

I called the woman and explained that I had painted her a painting and it was her in the lotus position. She told me that she does do a little yoga, I told her there was one more thing, that she was naked. She replied, "funny thing you should mention that. Every night when I am done on the tread mill I strip down completely naked. That is when I do my yoga, and I always finish in the lotus position, meditating. But you could not know that because I have never told anyone that." She was shocked that I could know such an intimate detail of her life!

This type of sign has happened to me about 200 times in the past twelve years! I have many of them documented. I have the proof that they are talking to me in paintings that I have given to people. The only problem is I do not know what to do now. The signs just keep coming and I do not know what I am supposed to do. They say I am supposed to let people know that the good aliens are here. Am I?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thanks for being here and taking your time answering our questions.

On the topic of ET's and their vehicle called UFO's:

I've seen much up there whole my life, aka UFO's. Sometimes even been "inspired" to watch a certain place at the night sky and then see a orb of light flashing. Kind of letting me know they are there but not visible to the naked eye.

So my question is this: When do you think they will reveal themselves. And do you think they already have "sleeper agents" among us to help with the transition to a galactic community?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hi, it's been a great read so far.. Thanks.

What do you see as the future for storage of knowledge?
Do you think we will lose all our knowledge eventually with the written word becoming obsolete?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5children

Dr. Schatt: Maybe you can help me. I have been communicating with what I believe to be good aliens for the past twelve years. They speak to me in my mind. They have me paint paintings for people. Most of the people I do not even know. The paintings are something about the person that I would have know way of knowing.

For example I met a woman at a Christmas party briefly. The following morning the aliens had me paint a painting of her doing yoga in the lotus position, naked. I called my friend who had the party to get the woman's number and told her of the painting. She told me that it could not be for that woman because she was too conservative and she did not think she even did yoga. I told her the aliens were adamant that it was for her. She gave me her number.

I called the woman and explained that I had painted her a painting and it was her in the lotus position. She told me that she does do a little yoga, I told her there was one more thing, that she was naked. She replied, "funny thing you should mention that. Every night when I am done on the tread mill I strip down completely naked. That is when I do my yoga, and I always finish in the lotus position, meditating. But you could not know that because I have never told anyone that." She was shocked that I could know such an intimate detail of her life!

This type of sign has happened to me about 200 times in the past twelve years! I have many of them documented. I have the proof that they are talking to me in paintings that I have given to people. The only problem is I do not know what to do now. The signs just keep coming and I do not know what I am supposed to do. They say I am supposed to let people know that the good aliens are here. Am I?

This is very interesting. Could we have a little chat about it?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hello and welcome,

What types of "futuristic" technology do you think that the military already has that they haven`t told us about yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join