It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do NOT Trust Medical or Dental Associations to Protect You or Your Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Heads up. Professional associations protect their members, NOT the public. A while back, I talked about a disturbing personal experience with a Winnipeg dentist named Dr. Ronald Walter Peterson - and just learned that Dr. Peterson recently was busted for sexual abuse of minors. There are five known victims.

I am a woman who once left a dentist's office so drugged out I could barely walk. The last thing I remember before I blanked out was the dentist telling his assistant to leave the room. And yes, I've always wondered what the hell happened while I was "out."

Turns out Dr. Peterson was arrested in November 2014, about a month before I made the post. In fact, the Manitoba Dental Association had restricted his licence in June 2014 after being contacted by police. BUT - the Manitoba Dental Association did NOT inform Peterson's clinic about his new restrictions. In fact, the clinic did not even hear about the sexual abuse charges until the media broke the story 5 months later.

Peterson was 68 years old when the charges were laid, and the allegations date back to 1998. Seems he has a reputation with patients for being disrespectful, "rough," doing "excessive" and not very good work, milking insurance, and more. Dr. Peterson was busted for sexually abusing young boys but imho, his abusive tendencies crossed many boundaries. Maybe he didn't abuse females sexually but "rough" treatment is abuse - Dr. Peterson clearly has a lot of rage he's been venting on his patients for a very, very long time.

Too bad there was no one around to protect the public from Dr. Peterson's personal wrath.

Medical and dental professional associations regulate their industries, supposedly to protect the public. They set and assess examinations, grant 'licences to practice,' and have a Code of Conduct for their members.

But despite the noble claims, all these professional associations really do is protect their members. When there's a problem, they just circle the wagons and 'close ranks.' Just like they did at Dalhousie and like they do everywhere else.

BUYER BEWARE.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I think you bring up a good point but the meat of this thread revolve around an instance where a professional who is trusted with caring for patients abused his position and acted unethically in many many ways.

I think the topic itself of professional associations protecting their members and not acting in the interest of the public would be great to research - I bet we could find a lot of cases to illustrate this

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Yeah, they're a union, just like anything else, but people tend to get the warm and fuzzy feeling because they are doctors.

I know someone who works in the IRS (non-NTEU position), and they relayed a story to me that a guy was busted in the warehouse where she works for selling weed out of the warehouse on federal property while on the clock. Initially, the guy was fired, but the NTEU (National Treasury Employees Union) fought not only to get him his job back, but they put him in a position where he was handling the SmartCards that contain employee information on them.

Unions are the worst at protecting the bad and minimalizing the good. This is why I just chuckle when someone buys something because it's endorsed by the AMA or ADA--they only care about money, not safety or health (for the most part).

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I think the topic itself of professional associations protecting their members and not acting in the interest of the public would be great to research - I bet we could find a lot of cases to illustrate this

I think so too.

S&

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
No argument there, you are right.

These organizations were made to protect the people of their kind, their members. They create propaganda to make their profession secure and their services desired.

We are just sheep to them, our money is our wool. We work and then give our money to them to supply work for their people and money for the technology they buy to make them look more official. At the present rate, half the people in this country will eventually be working in the medical trade and then they will take it all back as we use their services. It will become a society where being sick is the main GNP of the country.

I would rather be healthy and working in a factory or on a farm but they have introduced too much unnatural chemistry into our food supply too quickly for that to be possible for most people for too long. The economy will work that way though, but I basically do not want to be sick and going to a doctor or buying medicines all the time.

People are blind, they cannot see the direction this is going in. Many doctors cannot even see it, they are overworked and cannot research things because of their lack of time. Pharma and food chemistry corporations will soon own everything. Even the farmers. The banks are helping out to make this happen, lending out money that puts people in debt and at risk of loosing everything. This leads to stress which leads to more of a need for doctors and drugs.

Start researching things on your own, it is the only way to combat this. They don't make medicines to help us, they make them to make profits. There may be some good people left in these corporations, but most are worried about loosing everything if they speak up.

Ok, this turned into a personal rant, with nothing to back it. It is safer that way, if you start throwing too much evidence out there their lawyers will be visiting you. So all this post is is delusional fiction.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Your thread made me think of :

edit on 3-3-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The AMA is not a union. The majority of physicians do not belong to the AMA.

In the early 1950s, about 75% of US physicians were AMA members. That percentage has steadily decreased over the years. In June, at the annual meeting of its policy-making body, the House of Delegates, the AMA announced that it lost another 12 000 members last year.

That brings total membership below 216 000. Up to a third of those members don’t pay the full $420 annual dues, including medical students and residents. Not counting those members, somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15% of practising US doctors now belong to the AMA

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Of the many reasons physicians have largely abandoned the AMA is because it has morphed from a professional organization dedicated to research and professionalism to yet another political special interest lobbying organization.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Lyme Disease is a bona fide epidemic. It is a very, very serious disease if not caught and treated immediately. The IDSA (Infectious Disease Society of America) is the professional association for Infectious Disease doctors. Their official position since the identification of Lyme Disease was that there was no such thing as 'chronic lyme'. Additionally, if you tested negative you simply didn't have the disease no ifs, ands, or buts. A number of physicians started seeing patients who had the disease for years and were testing negative. When they spoke out against the IDSA or used treatment protocols not endorsed by the IDSA they found themselves in a world of hurt. Not surprisingly, a number of the IDSA board members were also heavily involved in the Lyme testing businesses. I contracted Lyme and, having a medical background, KNEW I had Lyme. However, I repeatedly tested negative so wasn't treated. I was sick for over 4 years. Finally, I tested positive and received aggressive IV treatment. Now the story has changed and chronic Lyme is recognized. Thanks to the IDSA there are countless people living with chronic illness that believe they have fibro myalgia, chronic fatigue, and arthritis. And they are at-risk of paralysis, blindness, and heart valve damage.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I agree - the union comparison doesn't work. But in Canada, medical and dental associations control professionals' licensing and right to practice. And Canada's old boyz networks are particularly vicious. It's not just that pedophiles are left free to practice for decades like Peterson was - whistleblowers are ignored, silenced or punished. Similarly, the whistleblower in the Dalhousie scandal is the ONLY one who is still suspended. Go figure.

edit on 3/3/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/3/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: NavyDoc

I agree - the union comparison doesn't work. But in Canada, medical and dental associations control professionals' licensing and right to practice. And Canada's old boyz networks are particularly vicious. It's not just that pedophiles are left free to practice for decades like Peterson was - whistleblowers are ignored, silenced or punished. Similarly, the whistleblower in the Dalhousie scandal is the ONLY one who is still suspended. Go figure.

Ah, well. I can't address how Canada does it.

new topics

top topics

join