It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Been 80 Days Since the Last U.S. Military Combat Death.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
"That’s Remarkable."

Lets keep it that way.

2015: The Washington Post’s Dan Lamothe noted a pretty incredible milestone last week: Last Wednesday marked 75 days without a U.S. military combat death, the longest period since before 9/11. It hadn’t gone over 50 days since before the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. The last U.S. fatalities, Spc. Wyatt Martin and Sgt. 1st Class Ramon Morris, were killed by an improvised explosive device in Parwan province, Afghanistan, on Dec. 12.

[Sou rce]

icasualties.org...

2009: The image of an American president at a repatriation ceremony has not been witnessed in years – former President George W Bush met grieving military families, but never went to Dover Air Force base in Delaware.
Indeed, the media had been banned from even showing images of returning coffins for 18-years until Mr Obama lifted the blackout earlier this year.

May they all RIP.
edit on 3/3/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

22 sucides don't count as military?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

To some of us they do. And to all of us they should.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
How long since the last innocent victim of a drone strike died?
How long since the village was destroyed thanks to airstrikes or a battle?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup
Yep. We're still fighting, still killing, but just in a way that puts more distance between us and the face of humanity.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19070948]blupblup
Why remote warfare is a hideous idea as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
They count as military deaths not COMBAT deaths.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That is great. I wonder if its been 80 days free of veteran suicide. Walking wounded trudge on back, back at home where the nighmares just won't stop, the anxiety, the faces with twisted bodies and the bodies with twisted faces stare back from a hellish memory. Somehow I don't think we made 80 days, but I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
don't worry folks there will be plenty of more dead US personnel if.......you go into Ukraine...or Syria....or help Israel fight Iran.....you are back in Iraq.....my dumb country Australia has agreed to bend over in the shower for America to send more aussies back into that sh#$ hole...

both of our solf hand pollies along with England don't care about military or civilian deaths....it's been happening for the last 100yrs.....and it aint going to stop tomorrow....

this is what the western nations excel at....pure and utter waste at everybodies expense.....

but the pollies are safe and well looked after......I think that i'm going to vomit.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
in unrelated news its been 80 minutes since the last US strike by a US dro... no wait, now its back to 0.

new topics

top topics

join