It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

- ATS Live(ish) Chat Thread -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Just found out that for the time being ATS live chat is dead. Live chat is not something I went on very often but I thought I would put this thread up for peeps that want to chat.

So I will give it a go and see if it works.

Having a lovely lazy afternoon. Stayed up late and watched an inch of snow falling on the ground and now I am sitting in bed eating homemade flat breads with jam and drinking tea and have just read an article on Archaeologists discovering ruins that may be the lost ‘City of the Monkey God’ — which ‘must never be found..

www.rawstory.com...

It is unique in that it contains unlooted ruins and artifacts..Not really understanding why it must never be found though..

Good Afternoon ATS

Purp. :-)
edit on 3-3-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Slow day at work.

Monkey King treasure? That is kool. Maybe that is where the last crystal skull is?

I too am curious as to why it must not be found.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Many new sites have been discovered or rediscovered in recent years due to changing politics that have opened the region to exploration and many technological advances that allow archaeologists to locate ruins.

Thermography from space is finding these sites by "seeing" them through the jungle canopy, mapping them for future exploration. The jungle is really big and most of the time these sites are inaccessible. But the more logging they do these days the more roads are being cut into these places.

They want to keep them secret for fear of looting so the archeologists can get "first dibs".

The politics of all that technology, access and deforestation is a blessing from where we sit, and a curse for local populations.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You know, I don't really get the appeal of the whole chat thing. I mean, isn't that basically what we do on ATS all the time? It can be done in real time, just like chat. I've seen whole threads just be two people going back and forth to each other. What's the difference?

By the way, it's early morning here in Texas. Another dreary day - I'll be glad when the sun comes out. Everyone else in the house is asleep, except me and my faithful cat companion. I'm just playing around on the internet before my day gets started.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I too am curious as to why it must not be found.

Hiding it from the Spaniards is one good reason. Hiding it from looters today is probably another. Personally I see the whole archeological expedition thing as organized looting. They excavate and take the stuff to museums which doesn't benefit the local people much. It is their heritage after all…

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Im lucky i dont have to work atm. It gets very quiet up here in the winter months and I like it that way. Still theres plenty to do like prepare the garden and vegetable beds for spring.. Working on a project atm trying to copperise driftwoods..

purp..

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I know what you mean about the chat thing. Thats what we do best on ATS already.. Your an an early bird being awake before everyone. I have a dog and a cat too. Cats a bit different though it likes to go walking out on the moors when i go out. Its more like a small dog..

I heard there is a cold spell coming to the US. I guess you would miss that down in Texas though..

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Lol. That is a great way to look at it, right? The government wants it, so they'll make it legal to "steal" it...I meant, "store" it.

I also think that, if there were any mind-blowing discovery, that TPTB wouldn't want a "Regular" to have possession of it, maybe for greed or in fear that it will be used against them.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

ATS member Daskapital did a nice thread on the this yesterday.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Noice.
Yeah, its nice and warm here on the equator.

What do you plant in your garden? like a list of your fun fruits or veggies? Whats the easiest to grow if needed for doom prepping?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I love gardening but I live in a very hostile environment for growing. Its moorland surrounded on three sides by the sea..

I put a gardening thread up last year if you are intrested in growing stuff and gardens. I am looking at increasing this year by growing oyster mushrooms and #ake mushrooms. I am learning about that atm.

I have learnt over the last few years its not just about growing stuff its about using and preserving it also. I have been learning different fermentation processes that can be used to store food. Its cheap effective and tasty. I think fermentation is key to prepping. You need it to make wine, vinegar, store vegtables, make cheese and lots of other things too..

Heres my garden thread from last year if you interested.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Think if I lived down your way I would have a cactus garden or something.. Do you like to garden..?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

ATS member Daskapital did a nice thread on the this yesterday.[/quote

Cant find the thread.. Sorry )

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Daascapital thread

I am mobile so difficult to post links.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I have not gotten into gardening. I just want to expand my knowledge to be a more valuable person with the Doom Hits!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

I have not gotten into gardening. I just want to expand my knowledge to be a more valuable person with the Doom Hits!

I think one of the most important overlooked aspects of preeping is people. We are all skilled in different things there is no need to learn everything if you survive within the remit of a community. Everyone has a role to play and something to offer..

purp.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

And the more the merrier.
What fruit or veggie has the quickest grow rate with the highest protein?

Gotta be prepared for the worst outcome of surviving.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

And the more the merrier.
What fruit or veggie has the quickest grow rate with the highest protein?

Gotta be prepared for the worst outcome of surviving.

Broccoli is an excellent source of protein. It grows well here and can be harvested most of the year. It ferments well in a chim chi and so it eaten all year round.

Mushrooms have a lower protein content but again they are easy to grow and store (dried) once ready..

Some seaweeds are good sources of protein too.. It differs widely between different types. Its easy to forage from coastal regions and makes a great food source.

No expert here just my own personal experience..
purp..

edit on 3-3-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Thanks for that.. Good read..

Purp..

top topics

join