It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampering with Primitive races - have we been retarded by aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

There is also the element of direct contact with extraterrestrials and direct manipulation of genetics. It is my theory that given our capacity, we should have far more advanced capabilities, intelligently, than we do now. If we were genetically "accelerated" then perhaps we have the brains of comparable species that have developed theirs over millions of years, however, we still have the experience and maturity of a lesser-developed species.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
An example of what "should" be happening is presented here, when it comes to developing technology gradually and expanding knowledge universally as opposed to a series of documented or prescribed concepts.

Try to imagine this happening over hundreds of thousands of years, in perhaps an idealised world.

There is a big "jump" that we have not yet performed as a race, and that is to use our intuition to construct technology. At the moment all our methodologies are regimented and spelled-out for us. I believe that this "next-level" technology is incomprehensible to us because it originated from a creative process of trial-and-error. In that sense, it would be possible to construct machines far in advance of what we have with the technology that is already available. To construct such items is to access the imagination and basically, take a large lump of parts and start to assemble components without any real "direction" - eventually, as we learn to understand technology, and as this learning becomes innate, we develop a "second nature" that allows us to transform our conceptual ideas, even our own thoughts into devices that operate.

For example, one might have mentally understood the distortion of time-space on their own terms, and if they have the capacity to experiment with technology they might find a way to transpose their thoughts into a technological device that performs the desired function, where what we would call "magic" and "science" meet together.

Such a device would be a "one-off" and impossible to duplicate, a "quantum leap" that really would make the device seemingly perform "magic".

To reverse-engineer such a device would be near impossible, and to ask its creator how it works would also be problematic because he would likely say that it "just happened" after a lengthy process of experimentation and alteration.

This means doing nonsensical things at first, taking things in an unknown direction without a design already written down or transcribed, assembling components together in ways that had not been attempted before.

This ability is the product of technology that emerged collectively through the application of experimental design, and also many failures, where many members of society engage in the creative process they learn how to "think outside of the box" and think in their own terms without the commonly understood conceptions and theories of science creating a road-block for them.

Why is it that we all do not possess this capacity to such an extent? The reason could be that our technology (if its conception was outside of this planet) has progressed "too fast" for our evolutionary development to catch up with. Also, our science has become a form of indoctrination, preventing an individual from being validated when he chooses to come up with his own "unproven" ideas.

A supportive society would seek to understand many points of view, and their knowledge would start to become non-linear, their brains able to think in many different ways, multi-laterally.

When we are given our knowledge and we are taught not to challenge it, when we are given our concepts and made to believe that one needs a degree in order to understand complex constructs of science, we stifle ourselves, we cease to create our own theories of the universe, and when we do try to share them, they are usually squashed by those whom have been taught by scripted/prescribed education.

Could you imagine this, a school that had a project for one to make up their own theory of the universe, without having to be concerned about the burden of proof - how much creativity could we tap into collectively if this were to occur?

What if in electronics we were given a project to simply construct a device that "works" as a complete circuit, even if it does not necessarily perform a specific function?

What could one learn by applying their own ideas as opposed to copying ideas already designated by literature?

When the brain develops to handle multiple and conflicting concepts, when it can learn to come up with its own thoughts, original thoughts, it can start to understand non-linear concepts such as the nature of time.

Thus, if we had been "given" knowledge and made to accept it, it prevents us from coming up with our own ideas independently, and also prevents us from being able to successfully share them with other individuals whom want to see things from other perspectives.

It is something that we do not do, but I think it is something that we should be doing.
edit on 4-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
It is something that we do not do, but I think it is something that we should be doing.

Uh sorry but no. I don't know what you do in life but I work in a R&D driven company and unbridled creativity is the way to go and as far as I know is encouraged in most companies.

I have no idea where you get that the great discoveries humanity made weren't achieved by pioneers who were capable of thinking outside the box and translate that into new technologies.

This whole thread of yours seems to give a very bleak and condescending view of mankind. I have no idea why but you should ask yourself what kind of preconceptions made you think that the recent technological developments of the human species over the last 10.000 years hasn't been incredibly prolific and inventive.

It looks like you are trying to distort reality in order to conform it to your theory that humans have been "dumbed down" (what does it even mean?) by being shown new alien technologies (why would such an hypothesis even be necessary?). It's interesting as a creativity exercise, but it cannot explain the state of this world.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It is my theory that given our capacity, we should have far more advanced capabilities, intelligently, than we do now. If we were genetically "accelerated" then perhaps we have the brains of comparable species that have developed theirs over millions of years, however, we still have the experience and maturity of a lesser-developed species.

So maybe we weren't genetically accelerated and all these "alien contact" theories are BS? What do you think?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Develo

It's a theory, perhaps more accurately a hypothesis. I have many such theories and I hope you didn't think this thread contained my entire world view.

As mentioned, being able to think in many different and conflicting directions...

Entertaining these ideas helps us to probe at the truth.
edit on 5-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

I guess you need evidence for planet Earth, however you could extrapolate and say instead, if humans from the future had the capacity to travel to other planets, should we interfere with developing species ourselves, and what kind of responsibility would we have?

Perhaps see it as a thought experiment, would you agree that we should not interfere?

This thread was also going to contain some more advanced theories about "correcting time" and also about alien "prisoners" that are forced to incarnate as humans so that they can witness the effect that they have had on its civilisations:

Basically, key interactions with the natives were "recorded" in time, and until the causal effects of such interactions could be negated, when the timeline of "non-intervention" lines up with the current timeline, then an event has been "corrected" - this is done by the "prisoners" to right their wrongs and clean up their mess.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
As Develo has said, these 'theories' of yours are fine as imaginative-thinking exercises, but there is no factual basis in them. Many around here seem to have significant difficulty in making a distinction between fantasy and reality.
edit on 3/5/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I can describe how I was thinking when I wrote this thread...

"Are we too advanced for our own good, and should we really have advanced this far in such a short space of time, and do our capacities as a species really reflect our level of technological advancement considering what the average intelligence level is of the average human?"

The answer that I proposed:

"Intervention by foreign species, reverse-engineered technologies and advanced knowledge passed down through generations."

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to direct my comment at anyone in particular. Your method of thinking and the questions you've posed are interesting, and a lot can be gained from creative though exercises and imaginative what-if scenarios. I still disagree with the entire premise, though.

edit on 3/5/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Most of all of what you read from individuals that propose radial ideas about human history, other realities, and aliens do not generally think that it is the factual truth, they do not need their thoughts to be grounded in provable facts in order to believe them. It is something difficult for the objectively minded to understand, and many seem to be under the impression that such individuals actually are ruled by such thoughts - they can maintain many different ideas at the same time and look at it like a giant puzzle, some pieces matching up, some not, some needing to be put together differently.

The key is that there is an assumption that there is something that we all do not currently know and that it is being hidden from us in some way, a conspiracy basically.

Thus, we attempt to fit a round peg in a square hole - we take radical/strange/fictitious ideas to supplant what is unknown, perhaps, as they say, the truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I have no problem with out of the box and ungrounded thinking. I love sci-fi and fantasy and your thread IS interesting.

I just disagree too with a lot of the hypothesis supporting your scenario. Things like saying tool use is innate after thousands/millions of years (false as explained and proved) or implying that mankind couldn't have reach its current technology on its own (why?)

Since these hypothesis are incorrect it makes the whole theory more like a sci-fi story, and less like a plausible possibility.

It doesn't mean it's not entertaining though. Just that there is no need from you to try to prove it is possible, unless you fix your initial premises.

The key is that there is an assumption that there is something that we all do not currently know and that it is being hidden from us in some way, a conspiracy basically.

The thread would be very interesting if you developed this more, because so far I see absolutely nothing supporting such an assumption. What in your mind "doesn't make sense about the world unless something is hidden from us" ?

Thanks
edit on 5-3-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Thus, we attempt to fit a round peg in a square hole - we take radical/strange/fictitious ideas to supplant what is unknown, perhaps, as they say, the truth is stranger than fiction.

I don't take issue at all with entertaining and exploring radical or strange ideas; I do the same myself, constantly (including ideas similar to what you've presented here). But after examining those ideas further, when no evidence is found that supports them (and evidence is found that largely disproves them), it is time to walk away from those ideas, not defend them.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It hinges upon a principle of "known" and "unknown" - I make the assumption that we cannot generally "know" something that we have not or have yet to experience, thus, what is hidden from us are things that exist in the "grey area", things that we cannot yet fathom or incorporate into our cognizance.

We cannot prove such things because we do not know what they are yet, but it does not mean that they do not exist.

The only means to understand these "unknowns" is to make theories and use what clues we have.

Of course, if we cannot see it, and we cannot prove it, in effect there would be no difference if it were not to exist at all.

The point is that it could, and we must always allow for that possibility, it allows us to take our ideas and speculations seriously, if we did not at least accept the possibility of their existence such ideas would just be fantasies, and we would not be able to expend a substantial amount of thought into attempting to validate them.

So I think it could be possible in other words, but again, I think that many other things could be as well.
edit on 8-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The only evidence is sketchy at best.

It has been documented that ancient aborigines could not initially see or perceive the sailing ships that had arrived on their shores, supposedly because such things were outside of what they could conceive. If this is the case, much could exist that we cannot actually see because it is totally outside the realm of our understanding.

Of course, some must have been "seen" initially to have had an effect upon us, some kind of synchronous link that causes them to "appear" - and when they did, they manifested into a chain of events.

A flying object can be likened to a bird, and seeing a bird instead of a flying robotic drone might have occurred until some stage where the true image of the object was glimpsed.

What would keep items hidden would be for an outside force to take these items and isolate them further so it becomes even less likely for us to notice them again, such would be an effort to reduce the effect that these alien items have had or currently have on us.

Any items that remain would be closely guarded.
edit on 8-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I would like to approach your thread from a slightly different perspective in that I have found the concept of religion totally 'alien' to humanity and wonder if that was a part of something left by some alien manipulators from our past. Everything I look at is man conceived and man made when it comes to accomplishments yet many put a supernatural being as the one who instigated the thingds humanity has made and done. The idea of an ability to adore some alien-type god, were aliens to come back to see their handiwork at some future time, would be a very good way of ensuring you get a welcome and not a missile launched at you as you approach planet earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Aborigenes knew about ships. They even had trade routes established with islands in the north.

Maybe you mean isolated tribes and planes? Even in that case they could still perceive them since they built cargo cult replicas.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Unity_99

There is also the element of direct contact with extraterrestrials and direct manipulation of genetics. It is my theory that given our capacity, we should have far more advanced capabilities, intelligently, than we do now. If we were genetically "accelerated" then perhaps we have the brains of comparable species that have developed theirs over millions of years, however, we still have the experience and maturity of a lesser-developed species.

To me its a responsibility for those more aware to work on seeing through all the divisions here and then work with nature, with meditation, with their own Family and Source and Spirit within, to repair, heal up. Far less concerned with the physical shell body, than with the energy bodies we are enveloped within. To use the power of consciousness as it was meant to be used, for to reach higher levels of creators and Family surely gaining peace and use of creation is important.

Maybe that is what this is all about in the end.

I don't believe in any of the methods of this school, its principals, the tough love lessons, the pain and suffering as short cuts, the beliefs of the mid management running this, for the outcome cannot purify the means and methods.

But have also been shown that under the mask of what we might call an archon or a watcher et or the serpents running things here, they were Love. Now thats not something I can make true, it is either true, or its not true and just something they feel about themselves. But in the end, something that may redeem all, to me is a good thing and so will continue to strive to see Love, not in bad acts, but in Spirit, within all that are Spirit, because want every single being in existence out of here.

In this downgraded form we're having, many humans yearn for immortality, funny eh. What a joke that is. We have far better places to be and need to work on self. And that is true whatever is ruining this pie for everyone and running this show.

To me the more people give out good, the more Good can access with miracles. And that includes DNA. We need to spiral it up, and start to access the bells and whistles of human consciousness and energy bodies to free our minds and souls from this place, and to dust off the power of thought, focus and use it wisely.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It has been documented that ancient aborigines could not initially see or perceive the sailing ships that had arrived on their shores, supposedly because such things were outside of what they could conceive.

I really wonder where do you get all these false hypothesis from?

Here is aboriginal art depicting a boat.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

The story goes that the older members could not see the ships, some of the children were able to see them and had to describe them to the others until they were able to see them as well.

If they had an issue with perceiving wooden boats, then seeing a spacecraft in the sky, out of reach, might only happen sporadically. If the visitors are from other "dimensions" or outside of our reality, then to see them would be a challenge, however, perhaps, certain items could have been seen, certain "glimpses" that left an indelible impression on our ancestors.
edit on 11-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

The idea of a "God" is a being that is superior to us, they have various abilities and talents. Higher technology would appear to be "magic" in the eyes of a "primitive" and already they are assuming that the visitor is superior in some way.

There is a tribe that lived in relative isolation, during the war a base was set up on their island and they started to see aircraft in their skies for the first time. After the soliders left, the tribe started to worship the machines, building mock-up planes out of wood, essentially, they saw them as "gods" as well.

Thus, if we want to know why the human being creates the concept of "Gods", it could be because he has interacted with or witnesses beings that possess "unknown" qualities, worship and imitation being natural reactions.

Such beings could be of alien origin.
edit on 11-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join