It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov the murdered Putin Critic at the US Embassy. US puppets getting briefed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Svetlana, the CIA doesn't hold government takeover meetings at US Embassies.

Next question...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

So we just assume the russian opposition just went to the US embassy to get their visas for their next trip to the Disneyland?

I even agree to a certain degree with posters who think it would be too obvious to meet at the embassy for conspiracy talks.

On the other hand the embassy would be a perfect place because most embassies have a bugproof room. something which comes in handy in our times.

The question remains: what was the reason for a meeting in the embassy. and it s quite obviously a political one.

the other elephant in the room: the media paints the picture that the russian opposition is under constant death threats.
But Nemtsov and his co-opposition walk around with no personal protection? Even alone at night?
Looking at all the russian roadrage videos i personally would hire personal protection in russia just to travel around as a normal citizen or foreigner.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
The question remains: what was the reason for a meeting in the embassy. and it s quite obviously a political one.

You ignored my last post in this discussion, and I think that's because you genuinely don't understand what democracy means.

Lets try this again...

It's not terrorism, insurgency, revolution or anything nefarious in a free and open society to campaign for political change. This is the part I think you're either not understanding or just choosing to ignore.

In a democratic country (a real democratic country, not a nation like Russia which claims to be democratic while attacking any opposition with the most extreme rhetoric, propaganda and even violence) there are numerous parties all giving their views to the public about how the country can and might change for the better in the future. It's then up to the public to decide who puts the best argument and who offers more for them, and they vote.

This process is ongoing, all the time, and it means attending all kinds of events, meetings, forming associations, gaining allies, making agreements and learning to understand how you might work with other countries in the future, if you gain power.

Granted, there are often rules about how another country might influence the political process of another, but that sure as hell doesn't mean that any meetings with potential future allies should be off the table completely.

The notion that Nemtsov went to the US embassy to make some kind of plan to encourage a coup, or create a civil war, or do anything other than just meet with political allies and friends suggests more than simply paranoia on your part, it suggests that you don't understand the meaning of democratic freedom and process.

Once again, in a REAL democratic country, it is not a crime to have a political opinion, and attempt to change your country through political campaigning. Obviously, Putin doesn't agree, otherwise he wouldn't be arresting and imprisoning people for daring to hand out leaflets.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

do you know the logan act?

Under the Logan Act, a US law passed during the infancy of the country by President John Adams, American citizens cannot negotiate with foreign officials without the authorization of the country. According to the text of the Logan Act of 1799, “Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.”

Besides : meddling around in other countries politics is not considered democracy (except of course if the US does) democracy is if people can vote and have transparent info on what they vote for.
in most democratic countries the candidates have to lay open their network (busnisses they own, where they get money from etc). and i never heard a politician say: oh yes, the cia paid me..

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

For all we know they wanted these guys to work with the cia and they said no...

People are rushing to judge the dead guy with no context from what I can see.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Was Nemtsov killed because his cover as a Kremlin asset was blown?

- Ukrainian SBU (Ukraine Secrete Service) was behind it

Suspects named in Nemtsov's murder

So when you have something that isn't coming from a Russian blog you might have something...but you don't.

SO now the Ukraine is behind it...why is that not surprising coming from you.

So now from your last source I see something that is interesting...

A law enforcement source had told the media that the investigating group has evidence that Ukrainian secret services played a role in Nemtsov’s murder.

And who is supposedly heading this investigation...Putin, is there any wonder why they would blame Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
So we just assume the russian opposition just went to the US embassy to get their visas for their next trip to the Disneyland?

Nemtsov did travel to the US so it could simply be a Visa. It could also be the US passing on information to Nemtsov, such as where to look for evidence of Russian soldiers inside Ukraine. It could be the US passing along information they have about him being a target for murder. Senator McCain openly told Nemtsov he feared greatly for his life during his last visit to the US. Remember that McCain reads secret briefings we don't get to read. Nemtsov could have been negotiating a safe exit from Russia if later in the future he felt unsafe. Lots of possibilities more likely than Nemtsov being controlled by the CIA. The guy really was very patriotic about his homeland Russia.

Personally I think he was setting up an exit strategy if ever felt he needed it. No real info to support that, just a good strategy for him.

I even agree to a certain degree with posters who think it would be too obvious to meet at the embassy for conspiracy talks.
On the other hand the embassy would be a perfect place because most embassies have a bugproof room. something which comes in handy in our times.

The reality is that Nemtsov was so closely monitored by the FSB that he would be of little value to the CIA. They would have extreme difficulty doing much of anything with him. Besides feeding him dirt on Putin and providing some money to keep him annoying I don't think Nemtsov would give much else back to the CIA. I'm sure the CIA has more hidden sources inside the Russia opposition.

the other elephant in the room: the media paints the picture that the russian opposition is under constant death threats.
But Nemtsov and his co-opposition walk around with no personal protection? Even alone at night?
Looking at all the russian roadrage videos i personally would hire personal protection in russia just to travel around as a normal citizen or foreigner.

I understand what you're saying, but you have to understand Nemtsov was upsetting very professional killers. There simply isn't anyone to hire to protect himself from them while living inside Russia. Hell even Berezovsky spent a massive fortune trying to stay safe while living in London...and failed.

The truth is that if a professional decides to kill you then you're dead and you just don't know it yet. Better to surround yourself with Ukrainian models than bodyguards.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

thanks for your reply.

valid points. still the fact that on the same day/time there are several opposition leaders at the embassy does - in my humble opinion - rule out the visa theory. an exit strategy is very possible, but i guess that would be a one on one meeting and not the whole group.

And 'better surround yourself with ukrainian models' : that's always a good advice. they are georgous. :-)

on a side note: i love your style!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join