It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i hate being a girl :(

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Okay first of all, i always get men wolf whistling at me.
And no i do not dress inappropriately.

I always get people who assume because im female, im dumb or silly.

Like in general at sports games people are like oh females go to sports games too?

Sometimes it makes me feel this low really

any other females on here?

edit on 3/3/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

I would hate being a grill too.

People slapping raw meat on me and all that stuff...

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Ma'am, when you determine your self-worth only by how you are perceived by others, then you'll never feel anything other than how people perceive you to be.

Determine your worth by your own individual values and ethics.

To hell with everyone else.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would hate being a grill too.

People slapping raw meat on me and all that stuff...

Yeah, but grills are hot! They attract a lot of hungry men!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Yeah, but grills are hot! They attract a lot of hungry men!

But I want you to like me for who I am.

Oh, who am I kidding.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yep, I'm a female . I was born one too!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
"You are not who you think you are...

You are not who others think you are...

You are who you think others think you are."

Start thinking people think you're an awesome young woman and your whole life will change.

link   

Sorry, but what is a "grill"?

link   

originally posted by: kayleighkitty
Okay first of all, i always get men wolf whistling at me.
And no i do not dress inappropriately.

I always get people who assume because im female, im dumb or silly.

Like in general at sports games people are like oh females go to sports games too?

Sometimes it makes me feel this low really

any other females on here?

I'm sorry but we (including you) make our own problems LOL. If you think people perceive you as dumb or silly you might want to not refer to yourself as a grill. It's not because your female, many people (but obviously not all) under 50 can't speak, type or even tie their shoelaces properly, let alone communicate in a coherent and understandable manner.

A grill, I am still laughing...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Stop worrying about what other people think. Most people are ass hats and not worth listening to.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm a man wolf as well but I don't whistle at the ladies.

I'm thinking of the 10 hours in nyc video with that hipster broad a while back, also, grilling a skirt steak and downing it with a bottle of malbec.

Anyone care to join? I've got some emo music playing.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

But I want you to like me for who I am.

Well, I do! I also like the aroma you give off! Makes my mouth water.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Well, I do! I also like the aroma you give off! Makes my mouth water.

You really know how to woo a grill.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There are lots of us 'grills'' here.

Some men catcall.. don't worry about it. Most of the time it's their way of flattery towards you.
Most guys respect a woman who likes sports but they don't seem to know what to really think about it. They aren't going to see you as one of the guys unless you get really good at stats and thoroughly understand the game inside and out, likewise, they aren't going to see you as wholly feminine either, they just don't seem to know how to categorize us, but it's ok to keep them off balance.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am am male and yes it is unfair to assume intelligence with out knowing someone. Or assume that the may not be athletic. But a whistle or a smile or complement, as long as appropriate. You should take as a complement and be thankful. That is how it is meant most of the time. No sense being bitter about it. Smile and let it make your day. When i woman does that to me, if i am not interested. That is how i take it. I smile and say thank you sometimes. Just let it brighten your day as long as it isn't derogatory. I smoke cigarettes, sometimes i see older people get carded ( asked for ID ) and get mad. I am older now. I say thank you and take it as a complement. Even though it is not meant as one lol. a reply to: kayleighkitty

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
in my 28 years of life. i have NEVER, yes NEVER seen a man whistle at a women in front of me... only places that happen are movies.

What is this, the 70s?

Most of the interaction starts with some sort of greet.. like "hey whats up?" or something along those lines...

Humans are animals, it is a mating game, if you not interested its simple to walk away.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You really know how to woo a grill.

It doesn't take much. I just show up and help myself to everything you have to offer.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm a woman and I've never had that problem. I've never allowed anyone to treat me differently because of my sex, so it never happened. I have also never asked for special treatment because I am a woman and that too... Earns you respect from coworkers, friends, etc.

You are treated the way you allow people to treat you. If you are tired of it, be tired enough to do something about it. Far too many grills play the victim far too often when it's not necessary.

Be who you are, people will respect you if you require it. If you don't... You get what you've gotten.

The others have given good advice as well... What does it matter what others think? It only matters if you allow it to. Stop allowing them to make you feel some kind of way. You are the only one in charge of that. Giving them that power never turns out well.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hmm it will not let me edit the title, now i feel silly for spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I wish more men wolf would whistle at me when I walked by

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join