It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Too Many Chiefs ... Fewer-n-Fewer Indians

page: 1

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:58 PM

I cannot stand it any more. More than half of my time in the office is spent filling out forms, writing letters, responding to inquiries, and attending to ‘urgent’ matters that did not exist 10 years ago. And every year my income is less. At this point I would rather be paid nothing and have the freedom to decide what is right for my patients.” Dr. John Curry of Fairfax, VA

The United States is getting a glimpse of their medical care in the near future, and it doesn’t involve adding value to society. Given that each year more and more paperwork, forms, and rules surround an average health care visit ...

“In an overly bureaucratic society what they are trying to tell us is that value ultimately comes from paperwork.” – David Graeber author of The Utopia of Rules: On Technology, Stupidity and the Secret Joys of Bureaucracy.
Political Agenda Over Reality

OPINION: Beauracrats ... Attempting To Justify Their Jobs.

( and eventually the ... newer-oh-no-care )

edit on 2-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:07 PM

edit on pm30000003115Mon, 02 Mar 2015 20:10:47 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:17 PM
Your not kidding...By the time a Doctor gets through all his own paper work that his staff needs just to run his office, he will only have a couple of hours to see patients...
The way I see it is that our whole system is so bloated with regulations, we have regulated ourselves to a halt.a reply to: FarleyWayne

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:29 PM
a reply to: AnuTyr

That's cool.
You realize of course that as civilizations are measured, they are measured by the size and ossification of their bureaucracies! And bureaucracies play an important scientific purpose, they dramatically slow entropy, or the natural forces of decay, because....they slow down change rate. When I lived in Italy, I learned that 1 of every 2 Italian workers is employed by the Government. The size and scope of their bureaucratic systems is immense and extremely old. They have bureaucratic agencies that contain records dating back to the Empire, AND, for example, to get a job at the water works in the city of Rome, its necessary to show that your forebears worked for that bureaucracy going back 10 generations! It is the case that at least 3 of the original aqueducts that bring fresh water into the city are still partially operating! It can take a year or more just to get a parking permit in Rome and you have to have a parking permit just to buy a car! Its an amazing situation. Italy went bankrupt 50 years ago, but no one knows that because the accountants at the State Office of Accounting haven't caught up to the figures...and they never will!

I talked to an Italian offical at the port of Naples and he told me that no ships ever leave the port because the bureaucracy hasn't issued the necessary permits that are needed to allow the tide to go out!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:23 PM
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Whenever the government gets involved in anything there's always a ton of ridiculous paper work!!!!! The mountain of forms and paperwork doesn't improve the performance or quality. but only causes aggravation and slows down the process. Government has a love affair with documentation. Bills from congress can have three hundred pages or more! Look at all the tax codes! We have to hire accountants just to sort through all the confusing and conflicting codes and forms!!

If you can't create a simple 1 page document that's precise, uses clear language and expectations, you end up leaving the door wide open for confusion, mistakes, abuse and loop holes.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:30 PM
Ayup, my husband sees it. A good part of his job in quality control is to know the regulations, and he sees bureaucrats who don't know squat making arbitrary changes just 'cause it justifies their jobs.

Imagine your career is to make vaccines and you get told by the petty bureaucrat who receives your paperwork that the number in question is being changed to make the product in question more potent. That's like someone thinking that if one pill is good; two will be super outstanding. In reality that kind of thinking can kill, but of course, they have to comply and figure out how to live with the new numbers without them making a product toxic.

And if they don't succeed and something happens ... who gets blamed? The government? Ah no ... it's big pharma takes all the blame.
edit on 2-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:58 AM
I don't think its that we have too many chiefs it's that we have too many indians that have no business being chiefs.

new topics

top topics