It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down Syndrome band to represent Finland in 2015 Eurovision song contest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
These guys are working very hard and learning a second language as well as rocking out without giving a # what anyone thinks.

I just can't help feeling these Gent's might be getting a wee bit exploited by the industry. I hope they have decent managers and family behind them.

Youtube link

Youtube link

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Their manager is their disability director Kalle Pajamaa. He started to work with these guys 2004 when he met Pertti Kurikka ( blond thin guy in the band then about 50 years old.. Kurikka wrote lyrics to their songs about what he faced in his everyday life ) who was a fan of punkrock music. I do believe his best interest is these guys as he has spent over 10 years with them so most likely he isn´t doing it for fame or money.
There is a documentary about the band "kovasikajuttu"
Here is trailer

Full documentary can be found in youtube too.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I could answer really cynical about ESF being just one big show (I`m staying somewhat political here).

But not being cynical, I would think why not, it wasn`t that bad at all and have seen far worse performances from non down syndrome people on ESF.

I think they are going to have an excellent time and wish them all the best on ESF, and about them being exploited, I think it will be alright.

I`m going to cheer for them !

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Well researched!

Loving this band!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Glad to see someone else pick up the topic

These guys are great, all the best to them

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Not my kind of music, and not really representative of the type of bouncybouncyhappyworldpeaceallliveandlovetogetherinharmoiny pulp that countries normally put forward for eurovison.

But they'll probably win, and unfortunately, they'll win because they're downs.

Eurovision has never really been a singing contest. It was a way for countries to openly declare their political stances of other countries. That changed a few years back when it suddenly became, who could put out the most out the band/singer, most likely to garner the PC vote.

Last years winner was a transsexual with a beard! Note: not a transvestite...not a bloke in address. This was a woman, who had been born a man, had the operation for gender reassignment, but chose to keep the full face beard.

Thats fine on a personal level, and I'm sure she made a lot of money out of it, as will these dudes when they win. But its exploitative...not of the acts, but of the gullible fools who phone it to vote, when the casting vote goes to a panel of judges.

edit on 3-3-2015 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The song wasnt that bad to be honest, i was actually surprised. Regardless its about them having fun, and it looks like they were.

new topics

top topics

join