It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valve GDC Session , 3rd of the 3rd at 3pm , Subtle Hint for Half Life 3 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The internet gaming community is awash with rumour that Valve may be about to spring the biggest surprise of the decade at the Game Developers Conference tomorrow and finally announce that Half Life 3 is in development , their conference is due on the 3rd day of the 3rd month at 3pm ...of course there are other franchises in Valves library that could receive a 3 like Portal 3, Left 4 Dead 3 or Team Fortress 3 but there may be a piece of additional circumstantial evidence to back up the romour.

Valve have teamed up with HTC to create their own virtual reality headset and today it has been reported that HTC chairwoman Chen Wang has said that she “hopes” a new Half-Life game will be made available for the headset and that the company is “co-operating” with Valve regarding a potential new game in the series.

I know these are tenuous links but we don't have long to wait until we let out a big cheer or quite possibly a massive groan ... my fingers are firmly crossed.

The talk in question is called "Physics for Game Programmers: Physics Optimization Strategies" and will be hosted by Valve programmer Sergiy Migdalskiy. It could be a front for a fancy reveal, it could be that the game is announced as part of the talk, or it will be just another interesting GDC sessions with no industry-rocking announcements.

Speculation is ramping up of course, but not without a necessary amount of scepticism. After so long, it's much easier to expect nothing than get our hopes up even a little bit. Could it be however?
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

HTC chairwoman Chen Wang has spoken of the company’s upcoming virtual reality headset the HTC Vive, which has been created in partnership with Half-Life developer Valve and is designed specifically for mobile devices, revealing that she “hopes” a new Half-Life game will be made available for the headset. In fact, Wang has stated that the company is “co-operating” with Valve regarding a potential new game in the series.
www.craveonline.com...

Rise and shine, Mister Freeman. Rise and... shine. Not that I... wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say your hour has... come again.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm guessing Episode 3 with Team Fortress 3 beta and a Half-Life 3 sneak peek?

Good things come in threes?

Did I use a lot of question marks?

Yes?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is the only thing my kids are talking about today. They are on pins and needles waiting for this announcement

edit on 2-3-2015 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I think Mr. Freeman is itching to get back to work.

Now where did he put his crowbar!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I hope it´s HL3
I hope it´s HL3
I hope it´s HL3
I hope it´s HL3
I hope it´s HL3

I hope you can play offline

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Another tenuous link , the GDC is being held in San Francisco .... San means three in Japanese !
Half Life 3 Confirmed !!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

kudos for knowing that!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Thank you!
Now, everytime I think of San Francisco, I will think of these:
duckduckgo.com...

edit on 2-3-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
HL3 is gonna suck.
Too much anticipation.
Its gonna suck soo bad..its gonna be duke nukem forever type suckage due to the anticipation.
hopefully HL4 will be good though once expectations are lowered to reasonable levels.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Its gonna suck soo bad..its gonna be duke nukem forever type suckage due to the anticipation.

Hahaha, my friend bought me that game when it came out as a gift and it still has the plastic wrap on it.

GameStop was willing to pay me about three dollars for it, so I laughed and kept it. I'm hoping for a wobbly chair in my future.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

the same has been said about HL2.
Always the same

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I love half life but I really love metal gear solid 5. I'm fairly sure a release date with be announced tomorrow.

Half life 3 is a dream that will never become reality..... I know i'm dramatic. said they "want": HL3 fro their new VR headset

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Played both. Amazing games!
Question tho, will it be exclusive for this VR thingy?
Because if it is then...how much is the VR thingy?
$$$$$$$$$$

that's how much

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

HL3 is gonna suck.
Too much anticipation.

Duke Nukem was announced in 1997 by developer 3D Realms who later went bust , the title spent the rest of its time in development hell being shifted between studios before being shipped of to Gearbox Software who knocked together the code into the generic nonsense that got released.

Half Life 3 has never been announced and to suggest a game will suck because of expectation is ridicules , Valve software have a history of releasing quality games and if it's announced Half life 3 will be no different , when Half Life 2 was released back in 2004 the use of physics and the quality of the graphics engine in the game were an eye opener and it still stands the test of time today.

If Half Life 3 is announced it will be because Valve know that the hardware available today will allow them to create the next groundbreaking game that the Half Life series deserves.

edit on 3-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would be very excited for HL3. I hope they finally incorporate Mr. Friendly this go around too.

But my guess is for something related to their Steam Machine.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Looks like it was for the Steam Machines and controller. But they did also announce their new engine, Source 2.

With the development of a new engine, I have to imagine that they'll have some new software coming down the pipeline that utilizes it. Maybe not Half-Life 3, but I'd even be happy with ports of the older games to it like they did with Source.

Announcement
edit on 3/3/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing auto-correct error.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
So far all these highly upped and anticipated games. Well there has been a string of suck for a while now all across the board. While a new halflife game may be worthwhile. I think there better off just making a new ip and game completely then trying to pump blood into an old franchise like so many others have tried and failed so spectacularly with other favorites.

And to tell the truth, I think so far they have done it all as far as halflife is concerned, really the only new thing they can do is make it out for those new oculous VR sets...But other then that, an FPS now a days is still pretty much like all other FPS'es out there, I mean its all kind of been done by now. Even newer and fancier graphics does not have nowhere near the appeal it had years ago.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Well, there's a reason they call it "Valve Time." They might be painfully slow to develop their games, but when they do they're usually groundbreaking in one way or another. I wouldn't mind another HL or even Portal game. The possibilities are only limited by their creativity and the software. So far they've done very well.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
I will say so. But like I said in my other post, pretty much everything has been pretty much done. Except the new VR devices coming out in the future and games. And yup! Looks like its that. I have not tried the new VR thing like the oculus, but everybody that has even those who were not really all that for it, have changed there mind about the technology and the way its going when they tried it.

Imagine something like this as a new half life game, or better yet a portal game all in a virtual reality space instead of a flat TV screen, it really would be crazy trying to do all those puzzles then. And it seems to be pushing crazy amounts of physics and polygons around, makes for some real life crazy graphic output. And to tell the truth with technology like that on there steam machine project and there VR headset project its probably the only way they will get a leg up on Sony or Microsoft, but then only as long as they also have the games for it also.

top topics

join